Reload this Page My experience with 7 carbon shafts so far
Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
My experience with 7 carbon shafts so far
Old
  (#1)
travislj
AzB Silver Member
travislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

My experience with 7 carbon shafts so far - 03-19-2019, 07:03 PM

I have recently started playing with carbon shafts. Here is my opinion, hopefully it will help some of you out deciding.

Jacoby Black Uniloc - Did not feel as good as the radial. Had more of a ting, similar to the revo sound. Joint diameter was .847 instead of .840 like most your uniloc shafts / joints. That kinda bugged me that the shaft was bigger. Played probably 30-40 racks with this shaft.

Jacoby Black Radial - Felt great, very similar to the cynergy. good hit & sound. I only played a couple racks with this shaft at their booth at the derby.

Cynergy Radial - My favorite at this point. I really like the hit, feel & sound of this shaft. I did change the tip to a G2 soft, but the factory sniper wasn't bad either really. I think I prefer the radial over my uniloc version of this shaft, but marginally. I do like the white ferule also. I have played several hundred racks with this shaft fwiw.

Cynergy Uniloc - Same as what I said about the radial version above. Several hundred racks with this shaft also.

Revo Radial 12.4 - Shoots good, less of the ting sound with this revo compared to the uniloc 12.4 & 12.9 (factory tip) I have played a couple hundred racks with this shaft also. My favorite of the 3 revos i have played with.

Revo Uniloc 12.4 - Shoot good. Kamui soft tip. not to much difference from the radial above. Maybe just a tad more of the ting sound. Maybe a hundred racks with this shaft.

Revo Uniloc 12.9 - Shot ok, Kamui soft tip. I would say this shaft sounded more hollow than the others. Still not a bad shaft by any means, just my least favorite. Couple hundred racks with this shaft.

I hope this helps some of you who are looking to buy these shafts. If you have questions I will try my best to answer. As of now my favorites are both Cuetec Cynergys & the 12.4 predator radial revo. (Not really enough time with the Jacoby radial to have much of an opinion).

Last edited by travislj; 03-19-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Old
  (#2)
juvecoop
Registered
juvecoop is on a distinguished road

03-19-2019, 07:15 PM

I just sold my 12.4 because of the ting and taper. I test hit with a radial Black shaft over the weekend and fell in love it, taper and no sound. But if the uniloc has a ting to it I’m not sure I’d want it anymore. Was it a prototype still? But I have been debating between the Black or Cynergy.

Old
  (#3)
travislj
AzB Silver Member
travislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juvecoop View Post
I just sold my 12.4 because of the ting and taper. I test hit with a radial Black shaft over the weekend and fell in love it, taper and no sound. But if the uniloc has a ting to it I’m not sure I’d want it anymore. Was it a prototype still? But I have been debating between the Black or Cynergy.
It was not a prototype, but it definitely had a ping that reminded me very much of the Revo. Could have something to do with joint being bigger than butt joint. I really don't know. I got a couple opinions from friends that said the same thing..

Old
  (#4)
juvecoop
Registered

03-19-2019, 07:37 PM

Gotcha! I guess that kind of makes sense. Shaft doesn’t have full contact with the butt end. Interesting! Doesn’t make sense why they would make a shaft that didn’t fit accordingly. Thanks for the info. If it’s not flush not sure that’s something I want for my cue

Old
  (#5)
travislj
AzB Silver Member

03-19-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Gotcha! I guess that kind of makes sense. Shaft doesn’t have full contact with the butt end. Interesting! Doesn’t make sense why they would make a shaft that didn’t fit accordingly. Thanks for the info. If it’s not flush not sure that’s something I want for my cue
What cue do you have? Most predator & Lucasi unilocs are .840 to .842

Old
  (#6)
juvecoop
Registered

03-19-2019, 08:00 PM

Predator throne uniloc.

Old
  (#7)
travislj
AzB Silver Member

03-19-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Predator throne uniloc.

Mine was on a predator roadline & you could definitely feel the difference in size.

Old
  (#8)
juvecoop
Registered

03-19-2019, 08:21 PM

That really blows. I really wanted the Jacoby over the Cynergy but if that’s the case might have no other choice.

Old
  (#9)
travislj
AzB Silver Member

03-19-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
That really blows. I really wanted the Jacoby over the Cynergy but if that’s the case might have no other choice.
I really wanted to like the Uniloc Black also, kinda sucked after the joint didn't line up & the sound I got from it also.

Old
  (#10)
juvecoop
Registered

03-20-2019, 04:40 AM

Is it true the core of the black is wood?

Old
  (#11)
travislj
AzB Silver Member

03-20-2019, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Is it true the core of the black is wood?
I don't know for sure, but I have heard that it is.

Old
  (#12)
BigBoof
AzB Silver Member
BigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond repute

03-20-2019, 09:05 AM

I was inquiring about the joint diameter for the radial Jacoby.* The seller contacted Jacoby and forwarded the numbers for all joints.* Uniloc was listed as 0.840.* Maybe you were looking at a prototype.

I understand your issue though.* My Jacoby Ultra radial shaft is 0.847 and that is bigger than my radial cues and bothers me. Maybe Jacoby will make a different size as a custom order.* I have always liked the taper on Jacoby's LD shafts.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Old
  (#13)
travislj
AzB Silver Member

03-20-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoof View Post
I was inquiring about the joint diameter for the radial Jacoby.* The seller contacted Jacoby and forwarded the numbers for all joints.* Uniloc was listed as 0.840.* Maybe you were looking at a prototype.

I understand your issue though.* My Jacoby Ultra radial shaft is 0.847 and that is bigger than my radial cues and bothers me. Maybe Jacoby will make a different size as a custom order.* I have always liked the taper on Jacoby's LD shafts.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
Mine was not listed as a prototype, it came labeled in clear tube just like the radials. Only difference it was labeled Uniloc instead of radial. I look forward to hearing from others that have or receive this shaft in the Uniloc version

Old
  (#14)
juvecoop
Registered

03-20-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travislj View Post
Mine was not listed as a prototype, it came labeled in clear tube just like the radials. Only difference it was labeled Uniloc instead of radial. I look forward to hearing from others that have or receive this shaft in the Uniloc version
Same here! I'd also like to know why it has that similar sound to a Revo.

Old
  (#15)
SpotOn
Registered
SpotOn is on a distinguished road

03-24-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travislj View Post
I have recently started playing with carbon shafts. Here is my opinion, hopefully it will help some of you out deciding.

Jacoby Black Uniloc - Did not feel as good as the radial. Had more of a ting, similar to the revo sound. Joint diameter was .847 instead of .840 like most your uniloc shafts / joints. That kinda bugged me that the shaft was bigger. Played probably 30-40 racks with this shaft.

Jacoby Black Radial - Felt great, very similar to the cynergy. good hit & sound. I only played a couple racks with this shaft at their booth at the derby.

Cynergy Radial - My favorite at this point. I really like the hit, feel & sound of this shaft. I did change the tip to a G2 soft, but the factory sniper wasn't bad either really. I think I prefer the radial over my uniloc version of this shaft, but marginally. I do like the white ferule also. I have played several hundred racks with this shaft fwiw.

Cynergy Uniloc - Same as what I said about the radial version above. Several hundred racks with this shaft also.

Revo Radial 12.4 - Shoots good, less of the ting sound with this revo compared to the uniloc 12.4 & 12.9 (factory tip) I have played a couple hundred racks with this shaft also. My favorite of the 3 revos i have played with.

Revo Uniloc 12.4 - Shoot good. Kamui soft tip. not to much difference from the radial above. Maybe just a tad more of the ting sound. Maybe a hundred racks with this shaft.

Revo Uniloc 12.9 - Shot ok, Kamui soft tip. I would say this shaft sounded more hollow than the others. Still not a bad shaft by any means, just my least favorite. Couple hundred racks with this shaft.

I hope this helps some of you who are looking to buy these shafts. If you have questions I will try my best to answer. As of now my favorites are both Cuetec Cynergys & the 12.4 predator radial revo. (Not really enough time with the Jacoby radial to have much of an opinion).
I suspect you will be trying the Meucci and Mezz offerings some time next month or so???

Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »