Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Tournament Talk > BCA Pool League World Championships
Reload this Page 8ball teams & 9ball teams

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
8ball teams & 9ball teams
Old
  (#1)
jojopiff
AzB Silver Member
jojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

8ball teams & 9ball teams - 06-01-2018, 06:59 AM

I see these events overlap one another. Can you play both without possibility of having to forfeit in one or the other? Just checking before I sign up for both and have a potential problem.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post
...But sweating the wrong side is better than not sweating at all.
Fact: unless you're willing to back an opinion with cash nobody cares
- Todd Fuhrman

Old
  (#2)
jojopiff
AzB Silver Member
jojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond reputejojopiff has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-01-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojopiff View Post
I see these events overlap one another. Can you play both without possibility of having to forfeit in one or the other? Just checking before I sign up for both and have a potential problem.

Thanks
I found it on page 5 of the tournament guide...

"Please note that the last day of 9-Ball Teams overlaps the first day of 8-Ball Teams on Wednesday, July 25. Matches will not be rescheduled due to players competing in both divisions. Therefore, teams should have enough players on their roster to field an eligible team in the event of a match conflict."

So that answers my question.

Whilst I believe this is a good practice, I think it's disappointing that the team events overlap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post
...But sweating the wrong side is better than not sweating at all.
Fact: unless you're willing to back an opinion with cash nobody cares
- Todd Fuhrman

Old
  (#3)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-15-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojopiff View Post
I found it on page 5 of the tournament guide...

"Please note that the last day of 9-Ball Teams overlaps the first day of 8-Ball Teams on Wednesday, July 25. Matches will not be rescheduled due to players competing in both divisions. Therefore, teams should have enough players on their roster to field an eligible team in the event of a match conflict."

So that answers my question.

Whilst I believe this is a good practice, I think it's disappointing that the team events overlap.
It's not just those, the singles also start while team matches are going on, so players on the team can't play in singles without going through the hassle of arranging the time with the team.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!