Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Memories of Steve Mizerak
Reload this Page Who knew?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Who knew?
Old
  (#1)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

Who knew? - 05-11-2013, 04:39 AM

Back in the early 60's I hung out in a room in south Jersey that was known for some good players being there. The phone rang one day and I answered it. The person asked if anyone there would like to play an exhibition straight pool game against somebody named Steve Mizerak (Whos this guy?). Sure I will. I got the location,time and date. Couple days later it was cancelled.
Did not realize at the time what I had missed.
Couple years later I got to play Mosconi. I knew who he was.
I got crushed. But I did rack the balls well.

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow
Best of the bunch- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

Willie said “I will only say this...when I beat Ralph, they would say it was because he was drinking....but every time he beat me, he was drinking too.”

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#2)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-15-2013, 05:04 PM

Pretty cool!

Sucks that you missed out though......

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#3)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

05-16-2013, 05:37 PM

I think he found out who I was and backed out.

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow
Best of the bunch- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

Willie said “I will only say this...when I beat Ralph, they would say it was because he was drinking....but every time he beat me, he was drinking too.”

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#4)
harold.cagle
Registered
harold.cagle has a reputation beyond reputeharold.cagle has a reputation beyond reputeharold.cagle has a reputation beyond reputeharold.cagle has a reputation beyond reputeharold.cagle has a reputation beyond reputeharold.cagle has a reputation beyond reputeharold.cagle has a reputation beyond reputeharold.cagle has a reputation beyond reputeharold.cagle has a reputation beyond reputeharold.cagle has a reputation beyond reputeharold.cagle has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-12-2014, 12:01 PM

Sounds like something Danny DiLiberto would say.....lmao