Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Snooker
Reload this Page New cue on the way

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
New cue on the way
Old
  (#1)
miramachine
AzB Silver Member
miramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

New cue on the way - 04-11-2011, 10:24 AM

Well I have been looking for a while for a decent cue that I can bring my game to the next level with and today I broke down and ordered a BCE grand master gm-10. It looks really nice and I am assuming it hits alright.. Has anyone else owned a BCE?

http://www.allgardenfun.com/images/bce-gm-10-large.jpg

Old
  (#2)
Wity
Banned
Wity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via MSN to Wity  
04-11-2011, 02:27 PM

You can spend your entire life looking for a cue that will take your game to the next level but you'll never find it because it does not exist.

Chinese mass produced cues made for BCE like that one will do the job okay once you've sanded off the varnish and oiled the wood properly so it glides through your hands better but be prepared for a surprise as anything can be underneath the black paint as thats what "ebonised" means.

Sorry to throw a damper on your obvious pleasure in finding a "pretty" cue but in all honesty it's a piece of firewood. Quality cues are handspliced with real ebony and will keep their value. That one simply is not in the same league.

Hope you can cancel your order and get a refund (as you could if you were in the uk (remote selling laws apply giving you that option), you can get far far better for your money.

Last edited by Wity; 04-11-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Old
  (#3)
miramachine
AzB Silver Member
miramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond repute

04-12-2011, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wity View Post
You can spend your entire life looking for a cue that will take your game to the next level but you'll never find it because it does not exist.

Chinese mass produced cues made for BCE like that one will do the job okay once you've sanded off the varnish and oiled the wood properly so it glides through your hands better but be prepared for a surprise as anything can be underneath the black paint as thats what "ebonised" means.

Sorry to throw a damper on your obvious pleasure in finding a "pretty" cue but in all honesty it's a piece of firewood. Quality cues are handspliced with real ebony and will keep their value. That one simply is not in the same league.

Hope you can cancel your order and get a refund (as you could if you were in the uk (remote selling laws apply giving you that option), you can get far far better for your money.
Regarding your thoughts.. I beg to differ.. I have been playing 9,8 and 10 ball now for 15 years and have around 10 provincial titles along with 3 Eastern Canadian and a National title. (not trying to brag.. just wanted to let you know that I am not a begginer) I have owned and played with cues before worth between $1000 and $2000 that were beautiful and "hand spliced" and I could hardly play with them, ended up selling them on ebay or here on AZ. My cue that I have now is worth about $300 at best and I play at least a ball or two better with it than anything else that I have ever owned and this is the cue that I have won 90% of my titles with.. Needless to say that my cue is far from a "custom". As far as "handspliced and real ebony"... I really could care less about holding value.. I have been playing quite a bit of snooker lately and if you seen the cue I am shooting with now, ANYTHING is a step up! ha. I just wanted something that has a decent and consistent hit. I didn't say that the BCE was in the same league as a Parris or Deroo etc. As I said, I just wanted to know if it hit decent.. I know there is obviously better and "fancier" out there.. I am not going to cancel my order and am looking forward to it arriving actually.

Old
  (#4)
Wity
Banned
Wity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to Wity  
04-12-2011, 05:03 PM

Does the $300 cue you play pool with have a spec unlike any of the other cues you've owned? and is it with that your playing snooker with now?

Old
  (#5)
DeHouser
AzB Silver Member
DeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond repute

04-12-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miramachine View Post
Regarding your thoughts.. I beg to differ.. I have been playing 9,8 and 10 ball now for 15 years and have around 10 provincial titles along with 3 Eastern Canadian and a National title. (not trying to brag.. just wanted to let you know that I am not a begginer) I have owned and played with cues before worth between $1000 and $2000 that were beautiful and "hand spliced" and I could hardly play with them, ended up selling them on ebay or here on AZ. My cue that I have now is worth about $300 at best and I play at least a ball or two better with it than anything else that I have ever owned and this is the cue that I have won 90% of my titles with.. Needless to say that my cue is far from a "custom". As far as "handspliced and real ebony"... I really could care less about holding value.. I have been playing quite a bit of snooker lately and if you seen the cue I am shooting with now, ANYTHING is a step up! ha. I just wanted something that has a decent and consistent hit. I didn't say that the BCE was in the same league as a Parris or Deroo etc. As I said, I just wanted to know if it hit decent.. I know there is obviously better and "fancier" out there.. I am not going to cancel my order and am looking forward to it arriving actually.
I hope your soon-to-arrive cue treats you well, but I have to wonder why you'd ask for input when you intend to disregard it out of hand, anyway? Wity's assertions regarding the current state of BCE products can be verified with a few minutes of internet research. As to whether your cue will hit well or not, well, that's anyone's guess. Bottom line is, you don't have to spend a mint on a snooker cue, but going with a reputable production company or established builder will certainly lessen the number of unknowns, like quality of materials and construction (key factors in 'hit'). Overseas mass-produced cues can be variable in quality; here's to hoping you get a good 'un.

Snooker cue: Deroo 3/4
Pool cues: Bebot Bautista, Falcon, Predator

Old
  (#6)
miramachine
AzB Silver Member

Smile 04-13-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wity View Post
Does the $300 cue you play pool with have a spec unlike any of the other cues you've owned? and is it with that your playing snooker with now?

For the most part it is the same as far as measurements and weight goes. Not the same as my snooker cue.. My snooker cue even has a warp in it.

Old
  (#7)
miramachine
AzB Silver Member

04-13-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeHouser View Post
I hope your soon-to-arrive cue treats you well, but I have to wonder why you'd ask for input when you intend to disregard it out of hand, anyway? Wity's assertions regarding the current state of BCE products can be verified with a few minutes of internet research. As to whether your cue will hit well or not, well, that's anyone's guess. Bottom line is, you don't have to spend a mint on a snooker cue, but going with a reputable production company or established builder will certainly lessen the number of unknowns, like quality of materials and construction (key factors in 'hit'). Overseas mass-produced cues can be variable in quality; here's to hoping you get a good 'un.
Sorry to disregard his comments.. I was just a little cranky yesterday.. I just asked if anyone knew how they hit or owned one. When he started talking about hand splices and cues holding their value along with the comment about me finding a "pretty cue", it just seemed like he was talking down to me.