Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Snooker
Reload this Page Making both balls on a combination

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Making both balls on a combination
Old
  (#1)
wontonny
AzB Silver Member
wontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Making both balls on a combination - 03-17-2011, 09:47 PM

This could probably be a subject of research for Dr. Dave, because I couldn't seem to find any info on it. Say I'm playing 8 ball and my opponent's ball is a hanger and is blocking the pocket and I hit my ball into it to clear the way, but I still want to continue my run by having my ball follow it right into the pocket. When making combination shots, what circumstances do you need to have, or notice that makes both the balls go in?

Old
  (#2)
wontonny
AzB Silver Member
wontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond reputewontonny has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2011, 09:53 PM

I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum... mods if you could please move this to the main forum

Old
  (#3)
DogsPlayingPool
"What's in your wallet?"
DogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontonny View Post
This could probably be a subject of research for Dr. Dave, because I couldn't seem to find any info on it. Say I'm playing 8 ball and my opponent's ball is a hanger and is blocking the pocket and I hit my ball into it to clear the way, but I still want to continue my run by having my ball follow it right into the pocket. When making combination shots, what circumstances do you need to have, or notice that makes both the balls go in?
Really, the answer is simple. If you call your ball in that pocket and it goes on a legal shot then you're still at the table. The fact that you made one of your opponent's balls as well is immaterial. So yes, no problem following his ball in with yours as long as you call your ball in that pocket. This really isn't a combination shot but more of a carom where you are playing your ball into the pocket off of his. But in any event, in 8 Ball all you are required to call is ball and pocket. How it goes in - such as combinations, caroms, banks, etc. - are immaterial.

BTW, in combination shots that involve an opponent's ball, the only requirement is that you hit one of your own balls first. You can play one of your balls into his,then into one of yours that you called.

Hope this helps.

"It's not enough that you just have talent, you gotta have character too." - Eddie Felson

Last edited by DogsPlayingPool; 03-17-2011 at 10:25 PM.