Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Snooker
Reload this Page Wtb snooker cue, mimi butt, ext, and case

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Wtb snooker cue, mimi butt, ext, and case
Old
  (#1)
1BallSr8Back
AzB Silver Member
1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Wtb snooker cue, mimi butt, ext, and case - 02-28-2011, 03:59 PM

I'm just getting into playing snooker and Ive been shopping around on the net for the last 2 weeks for a cue. I was just gonna go with a Peradon but the more research Ive done seems like I would need a 3/4 hand spliced cue, mini butt, cue extension and a case for them. Ive seen a few pkg deals coming from the UK but the shipping in insane. Maybe someone has something like this they can sell me or direct me to the right avenues to get these items so i can start playing ! Is like a 57-58" cue length 29 butt, 9.5 to 10mm tip and ash shaft hand spliced with matching grain lining up in the joint. It doesnt have to have all the other fancy veneers and secondary splicing. Just a basic 4 point ebony to ash or even rosewood to ash.

So just let me know whats out there or what options I have to get this purchased. BTW I live in Las Vegas so being in the US its harder than I thought to find snooker equipment in the US !!!

thanks

Tony

zzzzz
Old
  (#2)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

zzzzz - 02-28-2011, 04:24 PM

I suggest a Z-shaft on a sneaky pete butt...or any wood to wood.
Keep the weight under 18 oz.
I have two Z's that are taken down to 10.5....
..they do the job....and they're easily available

Old
  (#3)
thefonz
It's not me...it's my ADD
thefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond repute

02-28-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BallSr8Back View Post
I'm just getting into playing snooker and Ive been shopping around on the net for the last 2 weeks for a cue. I was just gonna go with a Peradon but the more research Ive done seems like I would need a 3/4 hand spliced cue, mini butt, cue extension and a case for them. Ive seen a few pkg deals coming from the UK but the shipping in insane. Maybe someone has something like this they can sell me or direct me to the right avenues to get these items so i can start playing ! Is like a 57-58" cue length 29 butt, 9.5 to 10mm tip and ash shaft hand spliced with matching grain lining up in the joint. It doesnt have to have all the other fancy veneers and secondary splicing. Just a basic 4 point ebony to ash or even rosewood to ash.

So just let me know whats out there or what options I have to get this purchased. BTW I live in Las Vegas so being in the US its harder than I thought to find snooker equipment in the US !!!

thanks

Tony
check out an o'min or mastercue distributor, great cues, even better value.

Old
  (#4)
1BallSr8Back
AzB Silver Member
1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute1BallSr8Back has a reputation beyond repute

02-28-2011, 05:15 PM

I've looked at several Omin and mastercure distibutors and they're all overseas in the UK and the sites from malaysia aren't in english ... hence my dilemma ... and id like to stay under $200 US if I can. I've looked at mike woolridge, master cue, mike dunn, peradon, cannon, mastercraft, and stu greens site. Like I said UK shipping is insane. And I can't read the asian sites so ... um ya ! Lol

Old
  (#5)
drsnooker
AzB Silver Member
drsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond repute

02-28-2011, 06:26 PM

You're lucky living in Vegas. A new snooker club just opened there with 5 tables so now you have two places to play!

My bet is to go by both places and see if they have anything you can shoot a few balls with, before you buy their cue. Don't worry about the look, it's not like you can tell how many splices it has when you are shooting with it.
Buy solely on the feel. If it feels right, it's the right cue for you.

Last edited by drsnooker; 02-28-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Old
  (#6)
1BallSr8Back
AzB Silver Member

02-28-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnooker View Post
You're lucky living in Vegas. A new snooker club just opened there with 5 tables so now you have two places to play!
Hahaha yes .. Cue club does a tournament on wednesdays now and that's kinda what sparked my new found interest in snooker after watching and now watching all kinds of matches online so I'm stoked ... but having a place to play and not the right equipment drives me nuts .. I wanna get on and practice already .. this last 2 weeks shopping seems like a lifetime when your excited about something new !

Old
  (#7)
Underclocked
.........Whut?.........
Underclocked has a reputation beyond reputeUnderclocked has a reputation beyond reputeUnderclocked has a reputation beyond reputeUnderclocked has a reputation beyond reputeUnderclocked has a reputation beyond reputeUnderclocked has a reputation beyond reputeUnderclocked has a reputation beyond reputeUnderclocked has a reputation beyond reputeUnderclocked has a reputation beyond reputeUnderclocked has a reputation beyond reputeUnderclocked has a reputation beyond repute

02-28-2011, 06:58 PM

Have you checked these out:

http://www.pooldawg.com/category/snooker-cues

http://www.budgetcues.com/snooker-cues.htm

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cue...ooker_cues.htm

http://www.seyberts.com/catalog/Snooker_Cues-10108.html

Old
  (#8)
Big Arm
AzB Silver Member
Big Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Arm has a reputation beyond repute

02-28-2011, 07:22 PM

$200 is not a lot to work with. I paid under $500 for a nice Master Cue, an extension and case shipped from the UK from Stu Green of Green Baize. I would highly recommend that you check out his website. Shipping for all was 29.95 pounds.

If the ladies can't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy.

BHQ Butterfly Playing Cue with 2 shafts (pool and snooker)
Master Cue M7 Snooker Cue
BHQ Butterfly Break Cue
8' Furniture Pool Table
10' Brunswick Gold Crown Snooker Table
3x5 Dennis Swift cue case
Craig W. Rittel Full Splice Billiards Jump Cue
Dennis Swift Soft Snooker Case

Old
  (#9)
Scaramouche
AzB Silver Member
Scaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond repute

03-01-2011, 05:22 AM

http://www.fcsnooker.co.uk/acatalog/...r_Cues_86.html

Born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad

Old
  (#10)
DeHouser
AzB Silver Member
DeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond reputeDeHouser has a reputation beyond repute

03-02-2011, 04:07 PM

For the OP,
As BigArm mentioned, $200 for a new snooker cue is a little thin. If you added $100 to your budget, your options open up; if you double it, you can get into the bottom end of world-class goods. If you are uncomfortable with buying outside the US, you realistically have two choices: purchase from an on-line store, where you will be limited to a few brands such as Elite, Riley, and, Peradon; or, buy a used cue on AZ, if you can find one in the classifieds (Jim Baxter had a decent looking Peradon available last week) If you are new to snooker, and this is to be your first cue, I suggest buying a two-piece Peradon (IMO, miles ahead of Elite/Riley), as you can stick your original budget and get a decent cue for learning the game. If you find you like snooker, you can always upgrade, and the good stuff is made primarily in the UK, and in some of the Asian countries. Good luck.

Snooker cue: Deroo 3/4
Pool cues: Bebot Bautista, Falcon, Predator

Old
  (#11)
Wity
Banned
Wity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to Wity  
03-03-2011, 10:46 AM

i've a decent 3/4 cue, mini butt, long extension, and choice of cases (all brand new) which if the above £30 shipping from the uk to usa is right i'll do all in for £130 which is around the $200 mark i think.

If you've not got one sorted yet reply and i'll post pics.

Old
  (#12)
Wity
Banned
Wity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond reputeWity has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to Wity  
03-08-2011, 10:06 AM

See the thread cue and case for sale..

Last edited by Wity; 03-08-2011 at 10:16 AM.