Reload this Page US Open Brackets?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
US Open Brackets?
Old
  (#1)
jjinfla
Banned
jjinfla is a splendid one to beholdjjinfla is a splendid one to beholdjjinfla is a splendid one to beholdjjinfla is a splendid one to beholdjjinfla is a splendid one to beholdjjinfla is a splendid one to beholdjjinfla is a splendid one to behold

vCash: 500

US Open Brackets? - 09-24-2006, 02:06 PM

When will they make the draw for the Open?

Are any players seeded?

Where will we find the brackets?

Jake

Old
  (#2)
branpureza
Ginacue
branpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

09-24-2006, 10:44 PM

brackets were made tonight, 32 players were seeded. lucky me.. i get to play lee van corteza in the 1st round, sheesh...

Focus, Danielson
Old
  (#3)
Tarantula
AzB Silver Member
Tarantula has a reputation beyond reputeTarantula has a reputation beyond reputeTarantula has a reputation beyond reputeTarantula has a reputation beyond reputeTarantula has a reputation beyond reputeTarantula has a reputation beyond reputeTarantula has a reputation beyond reputeTarantula has a reputation beyond reputeTarantula has a reputation beyond reputeTarantula has a reputation beyond reputeTarantula has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to Tarantula Send a message via MSN to Tarantula Send a message via Yahoo to Tarantula  
Focus, Danielson - 09-24-2006, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branpureza
brackets were made tonight, 32 players were seeded. lucky me.. i get to play lee van corteza in the 1st round, sheesh...
Good luck! Just stay focused and play smart.

Painting on the green canvas is The Tarantula's favorite thing to do...

Old
  (#4)
Fleece3
AzB Silver Member
Fleece3 has a reputation beyond reputeFleece3 has a reputation beyond reputeFleece3 has a reputation beyond reputeFleece3 has a reputation beyond reputeFleece3 has a reputation beyond reputeFleece3 has a reputation beyond reputeFleece3 has a reputation beyond reputeFleece3 has a reputation beyond reputeFleece3 has a reputation beyond reputeFleece3 has a reputation beyond reputeFleece3 has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2006, 11:28 PM

Am I blind?...I didn't see Efrens name.

Is he there?

Also it looks like we have a true double elimination tourney. The B side winner must beat the A side winner TWICE

Last edited by Fleece3; 09-24-2006 at 11:34 PM.

Old
  (#5)
bengus
Registered
bengus is on a distinguished road

Cool 09-25-2006, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleece3
Am I blind?...I didn't see Efrens name.

Is he there?
Must still be in the Philippines, he was being given state honors sometime during Bustamante's Bali win and had to forego that tournament (didn't catch it on the news though...). Forgive the man, he's 52 years old and barely had a day to rest after his IPT win. He went straight to the Asian 9-ball tour and won that tournament.

(Notice that Francisco Bustamante didn't join either, they're managed by the same team (Puyat Sports).)

My guess is he's playing chess or two-hit rummy (tong-its) back in Angeles relaxing and taking his mind off of pool for the meanwhile.

Thinking like a Filipino, he must think that his good run of luck will probably run out if he doesn't "preserve" it for the WPC in the Philippines.

Us Open
Old
  (#6)
Snapshot9
son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Snapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 260

Us Open - 09-25-2006, 03:22 AM

The bottom half seems to be the heavy half. Notice a few names from the IPT that will be interesting to follow: Stalev, Jayson Shaw, Marko Lohtander.

A few interesting 1st round matches. JJ against Gabica, Gabe's match,
John Schmidt and Tony Chocan. I see where our own Steve Rector is playing again, and will have to play Earl in the 2nd round if Steve wins his first match.

Scott 'Snapshot' Fraser
'Snap Lock' of the famous Lock Society
Don't judge yourself by what you have accomplished, but rather by what you should accomplish with your abilities - John Wooden

Old
  (#7)
ironman
AzB Silver Member
ironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond repute

09-25-2006, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshot9
The bottom half seems to be the heavy half. Notice a few names from the IPT that will be interesting to follow: Stalev, Jayson Shaw, Marko Lohtander.

A few interesting 1st round matches. JJ against Gabica, Gabe's match,
John Schmidt and Tony Chocan. I see where our own Steve Rector is playing again, and will have to play Earl in the 2nd round if Steve wins his first match.
I wonder if Ron is with Steve. Ron cracks me up. They truly are "The Odd couple"!

Us Open
Old
  (#8)
Snapshot9
Snapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond repute

Us Open - 09-25-2006, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman
I wonder if Ron is with Steve. Ron cracks me up. They truly are "The Odd couple"!
I can't think of a Ron, you don't mean Rotten Ralph, do you? Yes, since Steve has been clean, for many years now, he has become a little like
'Felix' of the Pool World, around here anyway... lol Steve is real self-contained and particular. Boy, if he plays Earl 2nd round, there could really be fireworks before that match is over ... lol Steve does not like an opponent jiving him with chatter and sharking ...

There scheduling of matches down through the brackets is downright wierd, and surely they have more than just 8 tables for a 256 player event. At 11 am this morning (EDT), they only have 8 matches scheduled.
And why do they have matches at 11 pm at night, and no 5 and 7 pm matches?

Scott 'Snapshot' Fraser
Don't judge yourself by what you have accomplished, but rather by what you should accomplish with your abilities - John Wooden

Old
  (#9)
jjinfla
Banned
jjinfla is a splendid one to beholdjjinfla is a splendid one to beholdjjinfla is a splendid one to beholdjjinfla is a splendid one to beholdjjinfla is a splendid one to beholdjjinfla is a splendid one to beholdjjinfla is a splendid one to behold

09-25-2006, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshot9
There scheduling of matches down through the brackets is downright wierd, and surely they have more than just 8 tables for a 256 player event. At 11 am this morning (EDT), they only have 8 matches scheduled.
And why do they have matches at 11 pm at night, and no 5 and 7 pm matches?
219 players and only 8 tables?

They will be playing forever.

Rodney Morris doesn't play his first match until Tuesday at 1pm.

Earl's first match is not even scheduled yet.

I couldn't find Keith listed either. I don't know if he bothers with the US Open.

Do they have the money payouts listed somewhere?

Jake

players list
Old
  (#10)
jasper
Banned
jasper will become famous soon enough

players list - 09-25-2006, 10:10 AM

why does it say that this list was last updated on sept 16th
where can I find a complete players list (not a draw sheet)

Cj
Old
  (#11)
wahcheck
AzB Silver Member
wahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond repute

Cj - 09-25-2006, 11:02 AM

I see CJ Wiley is entered.....will be interesting to see how he does....

Old
  (#12)
Snapshot9

09-25-2006, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper
why does it say that this list was last updated on sept 16th
where can I find a complete players list (not a draw sheet)
Right before the list on original website, there is an article and it states
'just 10 days' before the Open starts, and then the list is listed below.

The www.USOpen9ballChampionships.com website listed the layout of tables with
16 playing tables, 1 final match table (17th), and 2 tables in the vendor
areas. So why is there only 8 matches scheduled for 11 am play?????

Day sessions are at 11 am, 1 pm, and 3 pm
Night sessions are 7 pm, 9 pm, and 11 pm with mention of maybe 1 am matches might be scheduled.

Does anyone know what balls and cue ball is being used?

And HOW OFTEN are the brackets going to be updated on Inside Pool website? More than once a day, I hope.

Scott 'Snapshot' Fraser

Old
  (#13)
AzHousePro
Administrator

AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

09-25-2006, 11:33 AM

Sorry it took me so long to get the brackets posted. I was at a BCA State Scotch Doubles Championship until wee hours of the morning this morning and didn't have it in me to work on brackets at 3 am.

The brackets are now posted at http://www.azbilliards.com/2006usopen/brackets.cfm

Mike

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#14)
dperry
Registered
dperry is on a distinguished road

09-25-2006, 12:14 PM

Snapshot9,

I visited the conference center yesterday (9/24/2006) to view the site. If I remember correctly, there were a total of 16 tables: the TV table was in the center, there were seven tables in the area nearest the entrance, and there were eight more at the other end of the room.

I believe that the balls were the super arimith pro, with the measels style cueball.

-dp

Old
  (#15)
Colin Colenso
<-- My Kids
Colin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond repute

09-25-2006, 12:32 PM

It will be interesting to see how Jason Shaw, the 17yo Scottish phenom does in this. His game is well suited to 9-ball I think.

He won a 9-ball event to get his entry into this i believe. Plays fast and fearlessly.

Colin

Quote:
"The first essential step in the direction of learning any subject is to find principles of numerical reckoning and practicable methods for measuring some quality connected with it. I often say that when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind." - Lord Kelvin

Page 1 of 2 1 2