Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page Southwest cues - reasons for their popularity
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
MANPUSS
AzB Silver Member
MANPUSS has a reputation beyond reputeMANPUSS has a reputation beyond reputeMANPUSS has a reputation beyond reputeMANPUSS has a reputation beyond reputeMANPUSS has a reputation beyond reputeMANPUSS has a reputation beyond reputeMANPUSS has a reputation beyond reputeMANPUSS has a reputation beyond reputeMANPUSS has a reputation beyond reputeMANPUSS has a reputation beyond reputeMANPUSS has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-22-2020, 08:38 PM

make something scarce and add a big line for years for you to get one you want built and that feeds alot of people to want one . kinda like the big toy at xmas , you cant find it , your kid wants it so you go out and spend 1,000 bucks for a teddy ruxpin ..

im no expert and i dont own one but a buddy does . its hits well and nice , but to me way overpriced .

and that 10 year waiting period is bs . just saying . its just economics .

why would they say it was a long wait when the more they make they could sell ?
its because they got business model , they got a ton of capital . they can inflate wait times because it not hurting the wallet .

now a small start up cue maker cant hedge a bet on saying it takes years. they turn out as many as they can .

and before i get piked ,they are nice ,sweet cues but not what its made out to be .

Old
  (#32)
cuesblues
cue accumulator
cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

05-23-2020, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANPUSS View Post
make something scarce and add a big line for years for you to get one you want built and that feeds alot of people to want one . kinda like the big toy at xmas , you cant find it , your kid wants it so you go out and spend 1,000 bucks for a teddy ruxpin ..

im no expert and i dont own one but a buddy does . its hits well and nice , but to me way overpriced .

and that 10 year waiting period is bs . just saying . its just economics .

why would they say it was a long wait when the more they make they could sell ?
its because they got business model , they got a ton of capital . they can inflate wait times because it not hurting the wallet .

now a small start up cue maker cant hedge a bet on saying it takes years. they turn out as many as they can .

and before i get piked ,they are nice ,sweet cues but not what its made out to be .
The wait list at South West is legitimate, not bs, in fact it's longer than 10-years.
Laurie Franklin can only produce so many cues, and her key people are getting old
with physical problems not allowing them to work.
The company is small, they work out of a house and it's amazing the produce as many cues as they do.

I can't find anything wrong with South West, they play good, well balanced cues, and
one of the only cues I don't lose money on when I sell.

player...Barry Szamboti, South West, Runde Schon
player...Bill Schick, South West, Larry Vigus, Andy Gilbert
player...Black Boar, A-E, , Kenny Murrell, Paul Drexler
player...Bob Owen, Terry McFadden, Jacoby, Josh Treadway
player...Tim Scruggs, Bob Frey Woodworth, Davey Jones
player...Kent Davis, Predator, Loveland Customs
player...Pat Diveney, Palmer
breaker.Judd Fuller
jumper..Jacoby Jumper
shooter..Sig Sauer P226 357
cutter.....Spyderco Massad Ayoob

Old
  (#33)
Duane Remick
AzB Silver Member
Duane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-02-2020, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuesblues View Post
The wait list at South West is legitimate, not bs, in fact it's longer than 10-years.
Laurie Franklin can only produce so many cues, and her key people are getting old
with physical problems not allowing them to work.
The company is small, they work out of a house and it's amazing the produce as many cues as they do.

I can't find anything wrong with South West, they play good, well balanced cues, and
one of the only cues I don't lose money on when I sell.
Legendary cues, For Sure
Laurie Franklin does her very best to make all her customers happy too.
The shop also does quite a bit of repair work , jp sets, xtra shafts , etc...
Which also takes a serious amount of time,
Especially with the South West shop's methods and procedures-
Always trying to produce the best possible end results in their work

Duane Remick

Old
  (#34)
ThinSlice
AzB Silver Member
ThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond repute

06-11-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Remick View Post
Legendary cues, For Sure

Laurie Franklin does her very best to make all her customers happy too.

The shop also does quite a bit of repair work , jp sets, xtra shafts , etc...

Which also takes a serious amount of time,

Especially with the South West shop's methods and procedures-

Always trying to produce the best possible end results in their work

Why are they legendary? I just donít get it. They are certainly not the best looking and certainly not the best playing so I wonder what makes them legendary? Sheep following sheep.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Old
  (#35)
mikemosconi
AzB Silver Member
mikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond repute

07-12-2020, 10:54 AM

I have played with about 20 different true custom cues. Each one is very good in its own way. I just like cues - period. I am sure that SW is an excellent cue too. It all depends on what plays best for each person- beyond that - what is someone looking for in a cue- design, resale value potential, prestige, etc. etc. If you have unlimited money- you buy whatever you feel like trying. If you just want the best cue for YOU to play your game- then one needs to do all their research and try many different cues, if possible, to find their favorite and just stay with that one.

I have said this before, my $2500 Richard Black is my favorite playing cue- but I have a $25 Imperial cue that I picked out of a batch of 200 of them 20 years ago in one of those pool and spa chain places that I can honestly make NO EXCUSES for if I miss a ball or position- it plays THAT good!

Old
  (#36)
Johnny Rosato
AzB Silver Member
Johnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond repute

09-01-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riedmich View Post
Hi together, I'm wondering why southwest cues are such exspensive.

In first instance: It's the market, that's clear.

But besides the market effects, there must be reasons WHY this market situation is so extreme at southwest. So, what is the difference of southwest, is there anything that makes a southwest cue better in playing performance in comparison to other high quality custom cues?
Shrewd marketing.

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: