How to pick a shaft.
Old
  (#1)
Cueball13
Registered
Cueball13 is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

How to pick a shaft. - 10-06-2020, 09:06 AM

Any advice on how to be able to pick a shaft to buy without being able to hit one? I’m interested in the OB pro + and the predator Z3. I just was curious if anyone else has ran into this before. From what I have read both a great shafts and people seem to really like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#2)
Keith E.
AzB Silver Member
Keith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond repute

10-06-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cueball13 View Post
Any advice on how to be able to pick a shaft to buy without being able to hit one? I’m interested in the OB pro + and the predator Z3. I just was curious if anyone else has ran into this before. From what I have read both a great shafts and people seem to really like them.

Maybe try to find a stocking dealer that will let you test drive a few. BTW, some companies have a return policy if you don't like what you try.

Keith

Old
  (#3)
terpdad
Registered
terpdad has a reputation beyond reputeterpdad has a reputation beyond reputeterpdad has a reputation beyond reputeterpdad has a reputation beyond reputeterpdad has a reputation beyond reputeterpdad has a reputation beyond reputeterpdad has a reputation beyond reputeterpdad has a reputation beyond reputeterpdad has a reputation beyond reputeterpdad has a reputation beyond reputeterpdad has a reputation beyond repute

10-06-2020, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith E. View Post
Maybe try to find a stocking dealer that will let you test drive a few. BTW, some companies have a return policy if you don't like what you try.

Keith
I know Seybert's & Pool Dawg do. I'm sure there are others.

Old
  (#4)
Fore Rail
AzB Silver Member
Fore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond repute

10-06-2020, 04:39 PM

Check the Seyberts site for a OB Phoenix 11.8 that fits your cue.

Old
  (#5)
CuesDirectly
AzB Silver Member
CuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2020, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cueball13 View Post

Many things to look at, grain structure is the most important when it comes to quality of the shaft itself.

Straightness of the grain is very important. Follow the grain from the joint to the ferrule, it should not run off the side at all, if it does, it's low quality.

Amount of grain per inch can make a difference and the distribution can matter as well.

If it has at least 10 grains per inch and they are even, that is good. You will find some that have 8 grains on one half and two on the other, forget it.

Rolaine industries has a great guide and so does Bill Dominiak of Dominiak cues, they both sell blanks for shafts and their specs are spot on.

----------------------------------------------

David Brainard, custom Cuemaker
My website is CuesDirectly.com
Email, CuesDirectly@gmail.com
Facebook under both names
503 930-7776 5am -5pm West Coast time