Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > AzB Hall of Fame
Reload this Page DukeofDBQ

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
DukeofDBQ
Old
  (#1)
cannonball
AzB Silver Member
cannonball has a reputation beyond reputecannonball has a reputation beyond reputecannonball has a reputation beyond reputecannonball has a reputation beyond reputecannonball has a reputation beyond reputecannonball has a reputation beyond reputecannonball has a reputation beyond reputecannonball has a reputation beyond reputecannonball has a reputation beyond reputecannonball has a reputation beyond reputecannonball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

DukeofDBQ - 08-10-2016, 07:06 PM

We lost my father on 8/5/16. He loved pool, pool cues, and AZB. He spent a lot of time on here and really enjoyed the beauty of custom cues. For those of you who knew him, you know what a special man he was. He will be forever missed.

His obituary can be found here:

http://www.richardsonfuneralhome.org...obert-Hoppmann

Last edited by cannonball; 08-10-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Old
  (#2)
Type79
AzB Gold Member
Type79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-11-2016, 01:07 AM

I barely knew your father as I only met him in the past year, but it was clear he was an asset to the world of billiards and I was sad to hear of his passing.

My sincere condolences to you and the rest of his family. May he RIP.

Jay Fishbein
On Facebook:
Palmer Cues - Original By Palmer
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1412351735677519/

Old
  (#3)
worktheknight
AzB Silver Member
worktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2016, 07:47 PM

Sorry to hear about your father. Our thoughts are with the family.

Old
  (#4)
ibuycues
I Love Box Cues
ibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

04-10-2018, 12:13 AM

This is a quick note to let the world know Bob is certainly not forgotten,
and discussed/remembered by friends on a regular basis..
Carrol, Justin and the entire family, remain in our thoughts.

Will Prout

Last edited by ibuycues; 04-10-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Old
  (#5)
elephantlee
Registered
elephantlee is on a distinguished road

10-17-2018, 05:15 AM

I was shocked when I heard this last year. When I was in Tucson 4 years ago, I paid a visit to your lovely home and met Bob. At that time I was a foreign graduate student and I'm still grateful that Bob showed me some of his collection and gave me a big welcome. I still have his number in my phone when I came back to China. That afternoon in his pool room will be in my memory forever and may him rest in peace.
Best wishes to your family.

Old
  (#6)
jazznpool
Superior Cues--Unchalked!
jazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6900

09-02-2019, 10:45 PM

Sorry to hear of Bob's passing. I had a few emails with him about 10 years ago and I believe I sold him a cue too. He had such great enthusiasm for pool and cues. I think at the time he was excited about taking delivery of a new Dennis Searing cue.

Old
  (#7)
ibuycues
I Love Box Cues
ibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

03-18-2020, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball View Post
We lost my father on 8/5/16. He loved pool, pool cues, and AZB. He spent a lot of time on here and really enjoyed the beauty of custom cues. For those of you who knew him, you know what a special man he was. He will be forever missed.

His obituary can be found here:

http://www.richardsonfuneralhome.org...obert-Hoppmann

One of my favorite people. Ever. Same goes with Carrol.
You had two of the nicest people for parents that Rhoda and I ever met.
We both speak of them often.

Will Prout