Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page New Here? - Introduce Yourself
Page 6 of 30 « First 456 7816 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old
  (#76)
mrwks
AzB Bronze Member
mrwks is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

08-01-2016, 10:01 PM

Hello fellow pool junkies! I broke the rule by posting before I introduced myself.. (shame on me) but I have been a long time lurker, enjoying reading interesting discussions and clicking valuable links the past couple of years, so thanks for that. Anyways, I now want to actively join the AZB online community and share my thoughts and appreciation once in a while. So here I am, over 10 years into the game and ADDICTED! I'm making as many hours on the table as possible and playing competitive as well. Started off with 8 and 9 ball, probably like most of us, but grew a liking for 10 ball and especially straight pool. However, since about a year 1 pocket has become my #1 choice of game to play. I just love the depth, the strategy, the patience and the skill that is required to play this game. Most people find it boring, but you can wake me up for a 1p game any time of day. It's the best game to challenge myself and to test my abilities. But enough about me, I'm excited to join you all, because I think pool is an amazing game that deserves much more credit than it gets at the moment. It's a game/sport with a relatively bad reputation and organization, but with so much potential (we can learn a lot from Asia). From the moment I started playing it has become one of my goals in life: to help grow the popularity game, even if it is just on a local level, and to make people enthousiastic about pool. Because what a great game it is!

Old
  (#77)
Magnumsk
AzB Silver Member
Magnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond repute

08-01-2016, 10:05 PM

Hi All,

I'm from Los Angeles. I played pool a lot as a teen in the early 80s, but haven't for many years. Picking it back up again slowly. I don't have a cue at the moment, but I'm looking into what to get. I've gotten great help here so far. Thanks!

Hustler Pukka's introduction.
Old
  (#78)
Pukka
Registered
Pukka is on a distinguished road

Wink Hustler Pukka's introduction. - 08-02-2016, 02:52 PM

Hi everyone: Feel younger than my 65 years. Live in a small town located in Northern Massachusetts, USA. Hustled pool over 45 years. Due to a serious motorcycle accident, was forced to quit playing for awhile. Recently purchased a new cue stick. Cuetec #99272. Awesome tool for the money! Played 22 games of 8-ball with it thus far. Won all but four. At a guess, I will shine with it tomorrow morning when another match begins.

Old
  (#79)
Pukka
Registered

08-02-2016, 04:06 PM

Hi Magnumsk: Check out Cuetec #99732. Very concentric. Smooth. Also check out my first post on here. Hustler Pukka's introduction.

Old
  (#80)
Magnumsk
AzB Silver Member
Magnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond reputeMagnumsk has a reputation beyond repute

08-02-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukka View Post
Hi Magnumsk: Check out Cuetec #99732. Very concentric. Smooth. Also check out my first post on here. Hustler Pukka's introduction.
Thanks for the recommendation. Did you mean a 99273 for me to look at? I couldn't find a Cuetec 99732.

Old
  (#81)
Pukka
Registered

08-02-2016, 05:06 PM

Sorry for the confusion Magnum. The correct number is Cuetec #99272. This has a white shaft, but it comes in other colors. You will see them all. They are listed together. MSRP is $140, but many places sell them for $112.
Pukka

Old
  (#82)
Magnumsk
AzB Silver Member

08-02-2016, 05:47 PM

Thank you. I'll look them over.

Old
  (#83)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

08-02-2016, 07:55 PM

To all of the new guys & girls and not so new guys & girls, Welcome to the Forums.

Come visit us over at the Main Forum. (Ok, I mean just don't post in this Sticky only)
That's where a lot gets done.

JoeyA

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Last edited by JoeyA; 08-10-2016 at 09:30 AM.

Old
  (#84)
Pukka
Registered

08-03-2016, 07:19 AM

Hi JoeyA: Am new to this website. How do I visit at the Main Forum?
Hustler Pukka

Old
  (#85)
Pukka
Registered

08-03-2016, 07:50 AM

Hi Magnum; Ordered my Cuetec on line through Cuestore. $112 No tax. Free UPS shipping. Free black vinyl case. Comes with a Tiger Predator layered-leather tip. Its 76 LL rating means a medium-hard tip.
Hustler Pukka

Old
  (#86)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

08-03-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukka View Post
Hi JoeyA: Am new to this website. How do I visit at the Main Forum?
Hustler Pukka
Looks like you made it Pukka.

Come back and post again.

This is just a STICKY NOTE (which is at the very top of the Main Forum and not everyone reads the Sticky Notes. You are in the Main Forum, just in the Sticky Note section where a lot of people don't read. Start a new thread and you will be in the Main Forum (regular reading/posting section).
JoeyA

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Last edited by JoeyA; 08-03-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Old
  (#87)
Pukka
Registered

08-04-2016, 02:52 AM

Hi; The new Cuetec 99272 performed well this morning. Won the vast majority of games. Was then challenged by the owner of the establishment. A single match. I broke with my backup stick, another 18 ounce model. Made a single low ball on the break. Switched to the Cuetec and ran off the remaining solids, including the 8 ball. A good day. A great cue stick.
Hustler Pukka

Old
  (#88)
Pukka
Registered

08-04-2016, 04:02 PM

Hi again everyone;
Been doing a little research. Found out that Rage Heavy Hitter Jump-Break cue sticks weigh 25 ounces. Does anyone here ever use one? They worth $80 in new condition?
Only have two cue sticks presently. Both 18 ounces. Great tools, but a little light for devastating breaks. Also considering the Elite Heavy Hitter Break Cue. A whopping 27 ounces. They sell for $93-$108.
Hustler Pukka

Hello from Schaumburg, IL.
Old
  (#89)
jamnut
Underwater Tiger
jamnut has a reputation beyond reputejamnut has a reputation beyond reputejamnut has a reputation beyond reputejamnut has a reputation beyond reputejamnut has a reputation beyond reputejamnut has a reputation beyond reputejamnut has a reputation beyond reputejamnut has a reputation beyond reputejamnut has a reputation beyond reputejamnut has a reputation beyond reputejamnut has a reputation beyond repute

Hello from Schaumburg, IL. - 08-06-2016, 05:09 PM

Hi all,
I have decided to see how good I can become at pool. This started last week when my wife and I decided to go out and shoot pool , somehting we haven't done in ten years or so.
Even though neither of us is very good, we had a blast, and I remebered just how fun and involving this game can be. Then I wondered why I never made a serious attempt to excel at it. Beats me...
So now I AM going to try to pracice and become better at this game; I don't have any aspirations of being pro or anything, as I am a little old for that, I just want to get maximum pleasure out of it, and see how many of its problems I can deal with and solve(?)
I am concentrating, starting today, with stroke and cue ball fundamentals, i.e., a smooth, straight, consistent stroke, and, trying to get the cue ball to stun, follow, draw. I'm not trying English, as I have enough problems now, and that will come with time.
I practiced these skills for a couple hours today, and will continue, as I am the kind who loves drills and repetitive practice.
Do these basics seem like good starting points, and do you more experienced players have any resources that you could recommend?
I hope to learn from those who have gone before...
Thank you!

Last edited by jamnut; 11-17-2016 at 09:27 PM.

Old
  (#90)
Pukka
Registered

08-10-2016, 12:44 AM

Hi Jamnut;
My 66th birthday arrives in two weeks. Ouch! Been hustling 8-ball pool for over 45 years. Practice is the key to playing well. Pick yourself up a concentric cue stick. This way you will remain consistent.
Have another pool match scheduled to start in 7 hours. This is the third consecutive week. Played 10 games so far.
Won 9 and lost 1. My opponent sunk the 8 ball on the break.
Hustler Pukka

Page 6 of 30 « First 456 7816 Last »