Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > AzB Hall of Fame
Reload this Page Royce Bunnell Of OB Cues Has Passed Away - RIP
Page 5 of 6 « First 345 6

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
PINKLADY
ICNBB
PINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-26-2015, 06:50 AM

we heard last night, and refused to believe it till now, in print.

unreal. and yet, Reality.

Pool aside - i respected Royce for his business sense & receptiveness of said in conversation. a true loss.

KK9 & PL

i'm a little sleepy - KVINBRWR
no one's ever called me 'Howard Honey'; i kinda like it.... - STR8
i don't have time to be impatient - SJM
i'm in this thread for the entertainment factor....you are adding to it - RANDALLT6
you talk a lot for someone who is almost always wrong - LWW

Old
  (#62)
rossaroni
AzB Gold Member
rossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 7175

11-26-2015, 07:19 AM

So sad to hear. Seemed like a great guy.

Old
  (#63)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-26-2015, 07:39 AM

Extremely sad news on this Thanksgiving Day.
I just received my first OB shaft last week. What a heartbreaking loss.
My prayers to his family.

- Ryan

Old
  (#64)
alphadog
AzB Silver Member
alphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond repute

11-26-2015, 08:03 AM

Shocking news. Royce will be missed dearly.

Give thanks to those around you. Life is uncertain.
Monitor your health.

A bull without horns is still dangerous.

Law of logical arguement-Anything is possible when you dont know what you are talking about.

A True Gentleman
Old
  (#65)
Holly
AzB Silver Member

Holly has a reputation beyond reputeHolly has a reputation beyond reputeHolly has a reputation beyond reputeHolly has a reputation beyond reputeHolly has a reputation beyond reputeHolly has a reputation beyond reputeHolly has a reputation beyond reputeHolly has a reputation beyond reputeHolly has a reputation beyond reputeHolly has a reputation beyond reputeHolly has a reputation beyond repute

A True Gentleman - 11-26-2015, 08:23 AM

Like all of us who knew and admired Royce, I am stunned and deeply saddened by the news of his passing unexpectedly this week. I always considered Royce one of those rare people that was capable of being strong and tough, gentle and persevering, kind yet equally held himself and others accountable for both their actions and opinions. I feel so fortunate that I got to work with Royce and the his great team from OB Cues during my professional years in the pool industry while at AZB and then more with CSI.

Over the years, before I retired from the sport, I was fortunate to have many deep as well as hilarious conversations with Royce. We would play against one another almost daily at the OB booth during each BCAPL Nationals that I was involved. He had a way about him that allowed one to really see his sincerity and heart. As he was greatly expanding the OB line, he said and I've never forget, "to me, cue making is the perfect mixture of art, science and engineering."

The pool world has lost one of the greatest and dearest people the sport has ever known. God bless his wife and two children in this heartbreaking loss. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

what a terrible blow
Old
  (#66)
ugotactionTX
I'm in dead rack!
ugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4600

what a terrible blow - 11-26-2015, 08:33 AM

Royce was such a cool cat. I had the chance to get know him over the last twenty years both on the table and in the booth. So passionate, so articulate, and so freaking SMART! When I heard about the heart attack I of course hoped for the best, never really considered the possibility that he wouldn't make a full recovery. Thoughts and prayers for his family and all the guys at OB. sad day indeed.

John

Old
  (#67)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
11-26-2015, 08:34 AM

Shit.

Bad news.

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Rip
Old
  (#68)
obe1
AzB Gold Member
obe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

Rip - 11-26-2015, 09:30 AM

Very sad news...

First time I ever called OB with cue questions he not only answered the phone but took the time to make sure I had a clear understanding of his answers.

Just a awesome person in a pretty cold business climate.

My condolences to his friends and family.

RIP Royce

Old
  (#69)
Majic
With The Lights ON !!
Majic has a reputation beyond reputeMajic has a reputation beyond reputeMajic has a reputation beyond reputeMajic has a reputation beyond reputeMajic has a reputation beyond reputeMajic has a reputation beyond reputeMajic has a reputation beyond reputeMajic has a reputation beyond reputeMajic has a reputation beyond reputeMajic has a reputation beyond reputeMajic has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

11-26-2015, 10:29 AM

My condolences to his family.

" If you can't laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at? "

"I Gotta Feeling"

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" ~ Einstein

Old
  (#70)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

11-26-2015, 10:51 AM

RIP
Terrible news.
I did not know him but I have read a lot of his posts and found him to be very knowledgeable and courteous even when he disagreed with someone.

A class act that will be missed.

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow
Best of the bunch- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

Willie said “I will only say this...when I beat Ralph, they would say it was because he was drinking....but every time he beat me, he was drinking too.”

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#71)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

11-26-2015, 12:03 PM

It is sad to lose such a classy and stand-up guy in the pool world.

We'll miss (but not forget) you Royce.

RIP,
Dr. Dave

Last edited by dr_dave; 11-26-2015 at 12:29 PM.

Old
  (#72)
The Renfro
Outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute

11-26-2015, 12:27 PM

Royce was one of the good guys...

The sport has lost a giant, a family has lost a husband and father and I have lost a friend and ally....

I spoke with Royce once a month or more about pretty much everything pool... I am going to miss those talks. He was my sounding board on new ideas and I did my best to hold up my end of the conversation when it turned to playing tips, break tips and chalk. And we did many..

Most recently he was working on a some new inlay processes that were revolutionary and a few more OB projects that were top secret....

I will miss my friend but most of all my thoughts and prayers are with his wife and children... With prayers going out to Don, Shane, Doc and company at OB.....

Chris

Great White PRO CHALK - "Best Chalk in the UNIVERSE"

Outsville.com

Old
  (#73)
bquiggle
Registered
bquiggle has a reputation beyond reputebquiggle has a reputation beyond reputebquiggle has a reputation beyond reputebquiggle has a reputation beyond reputebquiggle has a reputation beyond reputebquiggle has a reputation beyond reputebquiggle has a reputation beyond reputebquiggle has a reputation beyond reputebquiggle has a reputation beyond reputebquiggle has a reputation beyond reputebquiggle has a reputation beyond repute

11-26-2015, 01:21 PM

Sorry to hear about Royce, always thought he stood behind and believed in his shafts, respected his comments.......sympathy to his family, he will be missed.

McDermott D16 P702 rosewood.....beautifulllllll
SS360 shaft
Schon CX34
Players hxt 15

Old
  (#74)
KOINNKID
Troy
KOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4220

11-26-2015, 01:52 PM

Super sad news. Royce will be missed greatly. My condolences to his family and the OB group.

Thanks
Koinnkid (Troy)
Ebay Store: All About The Game Room
Ebay Store: TNT BILLIARD PRODUCTS
Email: TNTCues@gmail.com
Playing Cues: TNT Hoppe cue.
Break cue: TNT Jump Break cue

Tip of choice for all my playing cues: Kamui Original Soft

Quote of the day "Gold Bond it's like crack for your balls" Tyler Perry

Old
  (#75)
DaveM
AzB Gold Member
DaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond repute

11-26-2015, 07:14 PM

My condolences to his family and friends. I only knew him from posts on AZB but he seemed like a true gentleman.

Page 5 of 6 « First 345 6