Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Accessory reviews
Reload this Page Last 4 Ever Tip Tool
Page 5 of 5 « First 345

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#61)
joelpope
AzB Gold Member
joelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-25-2017, 07:44 AM

Where else can you find a $25 Xmas gift that someone would really like?

Free shaft burnisher included with every tip tool purchase @ Last4Ever.com

Have a great holiday season and thanks for all of your support over the years.

Joel

Playing cues: Searing, Nitti, Southwest, & Dayton
Break cues: Searing & Predator
Jump cues: my own design and build
Cases: Justis & JB

Last 4 Ever Tip Tool web site
http://last4ever.com

Old
  (#62)
KissedOut
AzB Silver Member
KissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-25-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpope View Post
Where else can you find a $25 Xmas gift that someone would really like?

Free shaft burnisher included with every tip tool purchase @ Last4Ever.com

Have a great holiday season and thanks for all of your support over the years.

Joel
I got one of your tools a while back and it does a great job. EXCEPT when shaping my tip it never seems to get all the way to the tip of the tip. I always seem to end up with a small (sixteenth of an inch diameter?) flat spot right at the end. The only way I can get that rounded off is to finish the shaping with a Willard.

Any advice or tips on how to overcome this? Both your tool and the Willard are dime radius, if that matters.

Old
  (#63)
RickLafayette
AzB Silver Member
RickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond repute

11-25-2017, 02:33 PM

After you have it shaped about 90%, lay the tool on the floor, radius side up. Place the tip in the center of the tool and place one foot on each side of the tip - no need to squeeze the tip tight. Now, roll the shaft in your hands like you're starting a fire. Do this for just a second or two, no need to press down too hard. This is how it works for me.

Player: Predator Panthera 3-1 Artist Proof
Revo 12.4 shaft
Break Cue: Predator BK Rush
other stuff

Old
  (#64)
Johnny Rosato
AzB Silver Member
Johnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond repute

11-26-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickLafayette View Post
After you have it shaped about 90%, lay the tool on the floor, radius side up. Place the tip in the center of the tool and place one foot on each side of the tip - no need to squeeze the tip tight. Now, roll the shaft in your hands like you're starting a fire. Do this for just a second or two, no need to press down too hard. This is how it works for me.
Shirley Knott?

Old
  (#65)
joelpope
AzB Gold Member
joelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2017, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissedOut View Post
I got one of your tools a while back and it does a great job. EXCEPT when shaping my tip it never seems to get all the way to the tip of the tip. I always seem to end up with a small (sixteenth of an inch diameter?) flat spot right at the end. The only way I can get that rounded off is to finish the shaping with a Willard.

Any advice or tips on how to overcome this? Both your tool and the Willard are dime radius, if that matters.
It sounds like you are stopping the shaping process before the tip is the correct radius. If the abrasive has not contacted the center of your tip then the sldes of the tool are still hitting the shoulder of your tip tool because the tip is still too flat. All you are doing with the Willard is flattening the entire tip.

Joel

Old
  (#66)
Keith E.
AzB Silver Member
Keith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond repute

12-15-2017, 04:19 AM

+1 for Joel. Killer customer service.

Keith

Endorsement by Danny Smith
Old
  (#67)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

Endorsement by Danny Smith - 12-15-2017, 10:47 AM

Danny "The Shredder" Smith asked to use my Last4ever Tip Tool and was impressed with it so much that he had to have one for himself.

Saying that Danny is fastidious about the condition and shape of his cue tip is probably an understatement.

JoeyA

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Old
  (#68)
joelpope
AzB Gold Member

06-24-2018, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
Danny "The Shredder" Smith asked to use my Last4ever Tip Tool and was impressed with it so much that he had to have one for himself.

Saying that Danny is fastidious about the condition and shape of his cue tip is probably an understatement.

JoeyA
always good to hear stories like this. Thanks

20% Last 4 ever Discount code
Old
  (#69)
Seaspook
Has-Been
Seaspook has a reputation beyond reputeSeaspook has a reputation beyond reputeSeaspook has a reputation beyond reputeSeaspook has a reputation beyond reputeSeaspook has a reputation beyond reputeSeaspook has a reputation beyond reputeSeaspook has a reputation beyond reputeSeaspook has a reputation beyond reputeSeaspook has a reputation beyond reputeSeaspook has a reputation beyond reputeSeaspook has a reputation beyond repute

20% Last 4 ever Discount code - 08-18-2018, 11:38 AM

Used it this morning and it works on the last4ever site

XPC2018

Alan

Old
  (#70)
joelpope
AzB Gold Member

10-05-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaspook View Post
Used it this morning and it works on the last4ever site

XPC2018

Alan
And now you can use XPC2019 for the discount

Old
  (#71)
surffisher2a
AzB Silver Member
surffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond repute

10-08-2019, 04:33 AM

I love my last4ever tip tool. I pretty much got rid of all the other tip gadgets in my bag because of the last4ever tool.

Page 5 of 5 « First 345