Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page 2020 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread
Page 5 of 14 « First 345 67 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-19-2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
Thanks Jeff.

I’m going to try to kick my one pocket addiction, or at least taper down to only occasional play so I can really work on my rotational skillz. One pocket helps other games with certain things but after playing almost nothing but one pocket I feel exposed playing 9 ball. Sometimes the pressure of having to run out gets to me after always knowing I have a safety valve in 1P. It’s a mindset thing I guess
I got nuttin against watching a set of 1hole ghost.

The way I play it is:

Choose your pocket
Break like you normally would
Take bih
Run 8-n-out or lose

Think 14.1 secondary break on the bih shot...

It's a brutal game ghost game. IMO, it's harder than rotation games unless we bring AR into the mix.

Either way, I look forward to it.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#62)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

01-19-2020, 01:00 PM

You know I’ve tried running all 15 a bunch of times just as an exercise but never tried an 8 and out ghost. I will definitely set to it

Old
  (#63)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member
iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

01-19-2020, 05:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0mQ...ature=youtu.be

Me 2 - Ghost 7, regular 9 ball. I started off strong on this, ran the first 2 games, made the 9 on rack 3, but scratched. It was all down hill from there, ha ha. Still, I felt like every rack I was in it. Video sped to 5x for my short attention span.

Old
  (#64)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

01-20-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
You know I’ve tried running all 15 a bunch of times just as an exercise but never tried an 8 and out ghost. I will definitely set to it
What I described earlier is but one way to practice solo 1hole...lol..

Seriously though, it's a change of pace when we get tired of rotation games or 14.1 etc...etc.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Old
  (#65)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

01-20-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post

Me 2 - Ghost 7, regular 9 ball. I started off strong on this, ran the first 2 games, made the 9 on rack 3, but scratched. It was all down hill from there, ha ha. Still, I felt like every rack I was in it. Video sped to 5x for my short attention span.
I have those days. I think we all do. Heck, a lot of my days are much, much worse. Some days I swear, I wonder if I can hit the end rail.

Good shooting...

BTW...I'm still jealous of the camera!!!!

Jeff

Old
  (#66)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

01-20-2020, 01:27 PM

I'm also jealous of the projector.......

Yur starting to piss me off......j/k

Not really, after my next couple surgeries are done and I'm healed, I plan on trying to do what you've done.

I'm sure I'll be hitting you up for advice.

Jeff

Old
  (#67)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

01-20-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:

Man this is how so many of my attempts go lol. I get the first 2,3,4 sometimes and then I do something dumb or get a bad roll somewhere and like you said...it’s all down hill from there. And you had that 1 tie up with the 2 on the break right after the first loss and just like that the ghost gets 2...snowball effect. Good playing though 👍

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
What I described earlier is but one way to practice solo 1hole...lol..

Seriously though, it's a change of pace when we get tired of rotation games or 14.1 etc...etc.

Jeff
Yeah I normally just play both sides for 1P practice, I love it. My first attempt at the 8-N-out ghost went something like 3-21 😂😂

I still haven’t decided on a good break. 2 of those wins were with a regular 1P break, just a tad harder. And 1 win was off a Head-on 8 ball style break once I was good and frustrated lol.

Old
  (#68)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

01-20-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Man this is how so many of my attempts go lol. I get the first 2,3,4 sometimes and then I do something dumb or get a bad roll somewhere and like you said...it’s all down hill from there. And you had that 1 tie up with the 2 on the break right after the first loss and just like that the ghost gets 2...snowball effect. Good playing though 👍

Yeah I normally just play both sides for 1P practice, I love it. My first attempt at the 8-N-out ghost went something like 3-21 😂😂

I still haven’t decided on a good break. 2 of those wins were with a regular 1P break, just a tad harder. And 1 win was off a Head-on 8 ball style break once I was good and frustrated lol.
Adjust your 1hole break speed. That way you still get practice for 1hole breaking but, at the same time open the rack up a bit more to allow the 8-n-out to happen.

BTW, after you break, make sure to take BIH behind the string.

It's tough but, it's a lot of fun and is a very good teaching tool for all games.

Jeff

Old
  (#69)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member
iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

01-20-2020, 05:23 PM

Slight improvement over yesterday, lost 3-7 to the 9 ball ghost. I lost the first 4 games and almost gave up, then I started playing really good, and won the next 3. Keep plugging away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIiG...ature=youtu.be

Old
  (#70)
9BallKY
AzB Silver Member
9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute

01-20-2020, 10:43 PM

Quote:

Seems like every time you make a mistake playing the ghost that the next rack something is tied up where it is impossible to get out. I guess that’s the punishment for making an unforced error. It also seems like that the snowball effect happens a lot playing the ghost.

Old
  (#71)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

01-21-2020, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9BallKY View Post
Seems like every time you make a mistake playing the ghost that the next rack something is tied up where it is impossible to get out. I guess that’s the punishment for making an unforced error. It also seems like that the snowball effect happens a lot playing the ghost.
I agree, which is why I think the only way to truly know our skill set with the ghost is to play long sets.

IMO, a set to 15+ is needed to really find out where our runout game is at.

We all like to see a match where a player makes a big comeback. Well, why not put ourselves in that same position by allowing the ghost to get well ahead...that way we are forced to get into "grind mode" to even stand a chance of being close, much less win.

I appreciate all the matches you guys put up for the scrubs like me to learn from.

Jeff

Old
  (#72)
Bic D
AzB Silver Member
Bic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond repute

01-21-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Williams View Post
Finally, got him 7-0. Onto 10 ball

https://youtu.be/iZvK54BifhA
Nice shooting Gerry. The only tip I have is about the noise reduction in your drop pockets, especially when the 1st ball goes in.

Cut out the bottoms of 6 huggies/ can Koozzies or whatever people call them and place one each in the bottom of your pockets. It greatly reduces the noise.

Old
  (#73)
9BallKY
AzB Silver Member
9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute

01-21-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bic D View Post
Nice shooting Gerry. The only tip I have is about the noise reduction in your drop pockets, especially when the 1st ball goes in.

Cut out the bottoms of 6 huggies/ can Koozzies or whatever people call them and place one each in the bottom of your pockets. It greatly reduces the noise.
When I had drop pockets I just cut up an old t-shirts and put that in the bottom of the pockets. It really makes a difference. Before that idea I think I just used paper towels in them.

Old
  (#74)
Side Pocket
AzB Silver Member
Side Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond repute

01-21-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Williams View Post
Finally, got him 7-0. Onto 10 ball

https://youtu.be/iZvK54BifhA
Nice shooting Gerry. I'm traveling this week, back on Friday. I'll be working on my 9 Ball game for the up coming tournament.
Attached Images

Old
  (#75)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

01-21-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Pocket View Post
Nice shooting Gerry. I'm traveling this week, back on Friday. I'll be working on my 9 Ball game for the up coming tournament.
675 and under, damn....your gonna have a field day ...you rascally rabbit .........

At 675 and under, I imagine the majority will be 550ish to 650ish.....

Then, they gonna be chasing you in the parking lot for robbery

But, in the end...you may not be the only "sleeper" (underrated player) in the room

Either way, I'm sure you'll have a blast.

Jeff

BTW: post up brackets if you can.

Good luck sir!

Page 5 of 14 « First 345 67 Last »