Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page John Schmidt's 626
Page 43 of 51 « First 33414243 4445 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#631)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
10-22-2020, 10:50 AM

I don't think there could possibly be any sort of ongoing obligation to provide additional reward/s to subsequent record breaker/s.

They could just say it was from budget that no longer exists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haystj View Post
Ah,, I see where you are going with this,,, got it,,,, good question, actually.

I would think if they did pay 50k there would be some kind of documentation on the web site.

They did do a really nice job documenting his accomplishment,, but no pics of a check presentation.

https://www.predatorcues.com/usa/pro...n-schmidt.html

Maybe they don't want to set a precedent if someone breaks 626???

Seems highly unlikely it will be broken anytime soon (or ever) but that could be a legal perspective. IDK

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#632)
arnaldo
AzB Silver Member
arnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-22-2020, 10:52 AM

[QUOTE=logical;6776741]Fair enough. I didn't even know there was such a thing as Billiard Digest and only knew the names because I searched and found that post from 12 months ago. I have no opinion about the qualifications, integrity or anything else regarding those two men, the BCA, Billiard Digest, John Schmidt, The Billiards Hall of fame, Predator, the Chinese Government, The New York Post (or is it the Times?), or Facebook.[/QUOTE
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONGRATULATIONS TO "LOGICAL" WHOSE REPLY REACHES THE 627 MARK

Arnaldo ~ Certified witness

“When the action starts, it may not go the way you planned, and you’re down to your reflexes. That’s where your roadwork shows . . . If you cheated on that in the dark of the morning, well, you’re gonna get found out now, under the bright lights.” – Joe “Smokin’ Joe” Frazier

Last edited by arnaldo; 10-22-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Old
  (#633)
Get_A_Grip
Truth Will Set You Free
Get_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 562

10-22-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:

I would think if they did pay 50k there would be some kind of documentation on the web site.

They did do a really nice job documenting his accomplishment,, but no pics of a check presentation.

Seems highly unlikely it will be broken anytime soon (or ever) but that could be a legal perspective. IDK
They only paid JS for breaking the record because JS knew that he was going to attempt the record and JS specifically negotiated with Predator to put that clause and amount in his sponsorship contract with Predator.

I highly doubt that any other players that Predator sponsors plays 14.1 at a high enough level to break the record, or if they do play at that level, they would need to decide before they finalize their contract to put it into the contract and actually make a go at it.

"The truth will set you free, after you've been beaten over the head with it until you accept it."

Old
  (#634)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

10-22-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:

It is kinda interesting that they didn't wring every possible bit of PR out this historic accomplishment.

I would have thought there would have been a big ballyhoo giving him the dough. Who knows... maybe it's out there locked up with the unedited tape.

Lou Figueroa
showing great restraint
not hitting the quote key

Old
  (#635)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member
iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

10-22-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradarx View Post
...snip...
I quit school because they had recess.
...snip....
Off topic:
I have to say this one liner is one of the best I've ever heard

Old
  (#636)
justadub
Rattling corners nightly
justadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

10-22-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
It is kinda interesting that they didn't wring every possible bit of PR out this historic accomplishment.

I would have thought there would have been a big ballyhoo giving him the dough. Who knows... maybe it's out there locked up with the unedited tape.

Lou Figueroa
showing great restraint
not hitting the quote key
They seem to be using it on their company website. From Predators website:

"JOHN "MR. 600" SCHMIDT
Began playing with Predator in: 2018

Born: April 12, 1973

Resides: Hesperia, CA

Hometown: Keokuk, IA

{snipped tournaments and titles for brevity}

Special Accomplishments:
Highest 14.1 Run captured on film, 626 balls
Played on 2 Mosconi Cup Teams
Highest run on Diamond, 294 balls
Currently only living player with 7 runs of 400+ and 131 runs over 200 at straight pool"

No photo ops or such, regarding the run. There is a video there, looking like an interview, which I cannot watch as I'm at work. But they are out there in the public, standing behind him, on their official company site.

Player: McDermott G203
Break: J & J 2729

"Let's all pile into the sandbagging wahmbulance and talk about it forever and hold each other until the tears dry!" CreeDo

"Just remember to put the troll back under the bridge when you're done playing with him, Dub!" BrokeStroke

Old
  (#637)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-22-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Off topic:
It's from the 2001 movie "The Brothers".

Old
  (#638)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member
iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

10-22-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Thanks, I'll have to look it up and watch it.

Old
  (#639)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-22-2020, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Thanks, I'll have to look it up and watch it.
I wouldn't...you already have the only highlight.

Sent from the future.

Old/New(s)
Old
  (#640)
xradarx
I'm fixin'ta...
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

Old/New(s) - 10-22-2020, 04:59 PM

Off topic:

Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't...you already have the only highlight.

Sent from the future.
Wake up and pee, the whole world is on fire. This old saying comes from the fifties, as in 1950s.
Try this one on for a laugh...
If you aren't going to use your head for anything, you just as well have two a$$holes.
back to the future, now.. as JG would say "And Away We Go"! fare-the-well while tripping back to your home table

This thread is getting Hairy
Old
  (#641)
haystj
Timothy J Hays
haystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is getting Hairy - 10-22-2020, 05:29 PM

Looks like someone’s Mommy didn’t love them.

Old
  (#642)
straightline
AzB Silver Member
straightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond repute

10-22-2020, 05:33 PM

More buzz than the event.

There are no free rides
Old
  (#643)
xradarx
I'm fixin'ta...
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

There are no free rides - 10-22-2020, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Looks like someone’s Mommy didn’t love them.
Leave Harriman alone. He's already ignored you on AZB. Should I choose to ignore you also, you will have no one to type to but ur cronies. I no u no

Old
  (#644)
haystj
Timothy J Hays
haystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond repute

10-22-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradarx View Post
Leave Harriman alone. He's already ignored you on AZB. Should I choose to ignore you also, you will have no one to type to but ur cronies. I no u no
Feel free to ignore me- I’ll continue to poke fun at your half baked angry rants regardless of your choice.

I certainly believe you’re better at billiards than covering your tracks on AZ.

I get it, xHairyx, but you’ve over played your hand.

I’ll still buy you the suds you declined and even play cheap sets for the experience/lesson.

You’ve got stamina, no question about that Sir.

Old
  (#645)
wrldpro
H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
wrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond repute

10-22-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justadub View Post
They seem to be using it on their company website. From Predators website:

"JOHN "MR. 600" SCHMIDT
Began playing with Predator in: 2018

Born: April 12, 1973

Resides: Hesperia, CA

Hometown: Keokuk, IA

{snipped tournaments and titles for brevity}

Special Accomplishments:
Highest 14.1 Run captured on film, 626 balls
Played on 2 Mosconi Cup Teams
Highest run on Diamond, 294 balls
Currently only living player with 7 runs of 400+ and 131 runs over 200 at straight pool"

No photo ops or such, regarding the run. There is a video there, looking like an interview, which I cannot watch as I'm at work. But they are out there in the public, standing behind him, on their official company site.
Highest run captured on video? We’ll release the video so all of us can see it.
Was it on a standard table or special circumstances like say 760 Simonis constant cleaning of the felt, polishing of the halls, heaters under the table, extra wide pockets, shaved slate at the entry of the pockets there is more but I’m sure everyone can get the idea.
Highest run on a Diamond table. Well your wrong there sir. Highest run on a Diamond table that has pro cut pockets just under 4.5 inches is 311 not 294. Some guy named Bobby Chamberlain ran 311.
So you know there are a lot of players that just stop after they run 150 or 200. If everybody that has gotten to these numbers and continued there runs there would be at least 20 players with many runs over 400 and maybe a few over 800.
Cranfield ran over 700 twice. Cranfield couldn’t produce an unedited video just as John Schmidt can’t either. The difference is they didn’t have video cameras back then where Schmidt claims to have a unedited video and can’t produce it for proof to the pool world.

"Justis Cases the Choice of Champions Cuemakers & Collectors"

Efren Allison EddieTaylor StevieMoore, VanBoening Orcullo LeeVan Corteza Bustamante Alcano Jeanette Lee GaYoungkim Souquet Hopkins Archer,Buddy

Szamboti,Searing,Scruggs,Tonkin

Will Prout,TheGlenns,Kerner,Tikkler

And many more that trust to protect their cues traveling the world to make a living & protect all their high end constructed cues & investments.
.www.americanmadematters.com/index.php[/url]

Page 43 of 51 « First 33414243 4445 Last »