Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Wanted/For Sale
Reload this Page Bumping threads
Page 4 of 6 « First 234 56

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#46)
HereWeGo
♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
HereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

11-19-2014, 07:15 AM

I agree, I like to pop in and out while at work to see if anything NEW has been posted. Then when I get home I can go back and change the Display Sorting to see what might have been bumped/updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgcpa View Post
I like the new changes. I am one that checks the forum 10 times per day but now I can pop in and see whats new in 15 seconds. Before, I would have to go through 15 posts to find 1 new post. If there is a cue I'm interest in, I make a note of it and go to the thread once a day to see if there has been a price drop, etc.

I also hope it will encourage folks to price their cues fairly from the start instead of asking 3 times the price knowing they and their friends can bump it telling them how special it is every 30 minutes. We know the market is soft. If you want to sell here, price your cue that way and let's go...

Seems pretty easy to me.

"I'm the best you ever seen, Fats. I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." - Fast Eddie

Old
  (#47)
snowmon34
AzB Silver Member
snowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 7150

11-19-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamacues View Post
Like in their newspaper............
Exactly..
We all know how significant the newspaper has been in the last 15 years..

Old
  (#48)
snowmon34
AzB Silver Member
snowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 7150

11-19-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamacues View Post
I think this would be fine, but I think other people should be able to post on your threads, but not make it bump the thread.

The one item, in my opinion, that was lost back when the 48hr rule and the fear of being banned for it went into effect, was the discussion that went on on a thread.

People should be able to ask questions, state they like the cue, etc, but only the OP's 48hr bump should cause the thread to be bumped to the top. If there is a charge for that, fine...that would CERTAINLY slow down the bumpage.

One thing you have to admit...AZB is ahead of its time. Most sites are trying to get more action on their websites, and AZB is having to slow their action down.

Joe
I missed your post Joe..
You get it....

Old
  (#49)
asiasdad
AzB Silver Member
asiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2425

11-19-2014, 10:04 AM

Most of the current action in the Wanted/For Sale section is
right here on this sticky thread

The Mark of the Beast Isn't What You Think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TxzT8OyVYk]

Old
  (#50)
timothysoong
★★★★★★★★★★★★
timothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-20-2014, 07:20 AM

I hate the new implementation. The marketplace needs lotta actions, why is az slowing down the action and this will make people have duplicate threads for the same item as they want their post up.

Timothy Soong
TS's Billiard Supply
ts.billiardsupply@gmail.com
------------------------------------------------------------
Player: Tim Scruggs
Break Cue: Mezz Power Break 1
Jump Cue: Predator Air Drive 2
Case: JB Leather
Favorite Tip: Thoroughbred

Old
  (#51)
rossaroni
AzB Gold Member
rossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 7175

11-20-2014, 08:08 AM

I kind agree about action in the section. The wanted/for sale section has seemed to change for the worse in the last few years, and some kind of change is probably needed. I enjoyed selling and buying cues, and did it as a hobby. There seems to be a lot more dealer types in the last few years on here. It actually took much of the excitement away for me. I feel like great deals are few and far between now, and I barely check out this section anymore.

I like the idea of being able to comment on someone's thread without it being bumped. There were many times recently that I wanted to just say something nice about someone's cue or case, but would have to wait a day or so, so I wouldn't get in trouble. Even before all these bumping rules and whatnot, I always tried to be courteous. If everyone was courteous to others, we would not have these problems...but that is never going to happen.

Old
  (#52)
ToomnyQs
AzB Silver Member
ToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-21-2014, 08:03 AM

I know this.....I am logging on less and less as each day goes by.. It's just not doin it for me anymore.. Bummer.....

Old
  (#53)
timothysoong
★★★★★★★★★★★★
timothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToomnyQs View Post
I know this.....I am logging on less and less as each day goes by.. It's just not doin it for me anymore.. Bummer.....
Same here. I hate going onto the wanted/for sale section as soon as the "latest thread started" thing is implemented. Bring back the old AZ!!!!

Timothy Soong
TS's Billiard Supply

Old
  (#54)
Tittyhooked
AzB Silver Member
Tittyhooked has a reputation beyond reputeTittyhooked has a reputation beyond reputeTittyhooked has a reputation beyond reputeTittyhooked has a reputation beyond reputeTittyhooked has a reputation beyond reputeTittyhooked has a reputation beyond reputeTittyhooked has a reputation beyond reputeTittyhooked has a reputation beyond reputeTittyhooked has a reputation beyond reputeTittyhooked has a reputation beyond reputeTittyhooked has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToomnyQs View Post

I used to visit the section many times a day. This week i deleted my link from my favorites to the wanted for sale section.

Old
  (#55)
timothysoong
★★★★★★★★★★★★

11-22-2014, 08:25 AM

Please sort the for sale section by latest post! Bring back the old AZ!!!

Timothy Soong
TS's Billiard Supply

Old
  (#56)
showme87
AzB Silver Member
showme87 has a reputation beyond reputeshowme87 has a reputation beyond reputeshowme87 has a reputation beyond reputeshowme87 has a reputation beyond reputeshowme87 has a reputation beyond reputeshowme87 has a reputation beyond reputeshowme87 has a reputation beyond reputeshowme87 has a reputation beyond reputeshowme87 has a reputation beyond reputeshowme87 has a reputation beyond reputeshowme87 has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2014, 08:40 AM

Bring back the old az ASAP!

It Wasn't Broke!
Old
  (#57)
rodcar
AzB Silver Member
rodcar has a reputation beyond reputerodcar has a reputation beyond reputerodcar has a reputation beyond reputerodcar has a reputation beyond reputerodcar has a reputation beyond reputerodcar has a reputation beyond reputerodcar has a reputation beyond reputerodcar has a reputation beyond reputerodcar has a reputation beyond reputerodcar has a reputation beyond reputerodcar has a reputation beyond repute

It Wasn't Broke! - 11-22-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by showme87 View Post
Bring back the old az ASAP!
Agreed, there is little enough action in pool without this change, and I generally like change, but this is a poor idea at best. Bump away, I enjoy reading them. Pretty easy to skip over the items that are not of interest. Not a problem for me.

Old
  (#58)
smartguy
AzB Silver Member
smartguy has a reputation beyond reputesmartguy has a reputation beyond reputesmartguy has a reputation beyond reputesmartguy has a reputation beyond reputesmartguy has a reputation beyond reputesmartguy has a reputation beyond reputesmartguy has a reputation beyond reputesmartguy has a reputation beyond reputesmartguy has a reputation beyond reputesmartguy has a reputation beyond reputesmartguy has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2014, 05:04 PM

Your putting another knife in a already dying sport. Please return to the old system of bumping.

bump
Old
  (#59)
littlefats
AzB Silver Member
littlefats has a reputation beyond reputelittlefats has a reputation beyond reputelittlefats has a reputation beyond reputelittlefats has a reputation beyond reputelittlefats has a reputation beyond reputelittlefats has a reputation beyond reputelittlefats has a reputation beyond reputelittlefats has a reputation beyond reputelittlefats has a reputation beyond reputelittlefats has a reputation beyond reputelittlefats has a reputation beyond repute

bump - 11-22-2014, 05:25 PM

Old way is better

Bumping threads
Old
  (#60)
Billiardbills
Billiard Bill
Billiardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping threads - 11-23-2014, 07:26 AM

Agreed.

I made a mistake, apparently a GIANT one by not fully understanding how Panjo posts. I thought the Panjo Classifieds section was a new SEPARATE section that you post in and I didn't know that it MERGES with the WANTED/FOR SALE section. IT IS A SEPARATE PLACE ON AZ FROM THE NORMAL SECTION. So I posted my cues there not knowing this and got BLASTED by 50 people saying I was jamming up the Wanted/For Sale section hogging it.

I received TONS of negative remarks due to the confusion and now I just feel like a jerk. I DID APOLOGIZE at least 4 times sincerely in the main forum where I was being put on blast with another good member in the main forum. I didn't even know until a custom cuemaker friend gave me a heads up.

I have ALWAYS been conscious of my bumps and posts to others but I guess it doesn't matter here. I fully understand you don't get three strikes in this industry and I won't risk my reputation.

All in all, now I just don't feel confident or comfortable posting, bumping or browsing at all.

Pretty bummed out.

My thoughts on fixing it:
Go back to the old system and ONLY allow threads to be bumped every 48 hours. Limit threads being posted by gold membership (5 posts at one time) or not (no gold gets you 1-2). Maybe a price range filter.

Pretty simple.

www.billiardbills.com
billiardbills@gmail.com
239.823.0408 call or text

Under promise and over deliver...

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so...
-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 6 « First 234 56