Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Club Membership
Page 4 of 16 « First 234 5614 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 64 votes, 2.11 average.
Old
  (#46)
1pRoscoe
AzB Silver Member
1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-22-2008, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPG24
All you guys have to do is adjust your monitor resolutions. They are probably on 800x600 which is low quality and HUGE graphics. Send them up 1 or 2 notches, it will fix your issues with the Avatar.

As I said before, I am happy to help support the site.
The huge Avatar was the deciding factor on me joining. Please don't remove them.
make every avatar the small (regular/old) size except for this one....

-Ross
would drink her bath water...

I has wood.

Old
  (#47)
smokeandapancak
what?
smokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
  Send a message via Yahoo to smokeandapancak  
01-22-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
All you guys have to do is adjust your monitor resolutions. They are probably on 800x600 which is low quality and HUGE graphics. Send them up 1 or 2 notches, it will fix your issues with the Avatar.

As I said before, I am happy to help support the site.
The huge Avatar was the deciding factor on me joining. Please don't remove them.

and there might be the first issue with this whole setup ....
BP..folks are gonna moan about you avatar...it is a given... now you are gonna have to change it or they will have to turn off their avatars....leaving one of you out $35.... b/c when you get down to it , the only thing you really get with that payment is a bigger pic..................

dude

Old
  (#48)
1pRoscoe
AzB Silver Member
1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-22-2008, 07:28 AM

Quote:
It's no more offensive than the MANY other pics of girls in bikinis. Besides if there is a pic worth blowing up, it's this one.
hell, I'd also like to see the bigger one of your last avatar...

I has wood.

Old
  (#49)
memikey
Never Has Been
memikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-22-2008, 07:33 AM

Haven't ever bothered with an avatar and probably still won't now but glad to support the site

Mike

Old
  (#50)
Irish634
Whatever
Irish634 has a reputation beyond reputeIrish634 has a reputation beyond reputeIrish634 has a reputation beyond reputeIrish634 has a reputation beyond reputeIrish634 has a reputation beyond reputeIrish634 has a reputation beyond reputeIrish634 has a reputation beyond reputeIrish634 has a reputation beyond reputeIrish634 has a reputation beyond reputeIrish634 has a reputation beyond reputeIrish634 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 289

01-22-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:

It's no more offensive than the MANY other pics of girls in bikinis. Besides if there is a pic worth blowing up, it's this one.
I didn't mean to imply that it was offensive. Hope you didn't take it that way. I just used yours as an example. It might be offensive to some, but I personally don't really care one way or the other.

Just as other members have stated they dislike it when someone posts a pic that makes you scroll horizontally to read a post, I was only stating that I had a dislike to read a scrunched up post that don't have to with regular size avatars or none at all.

As much as I like to see everyone's avatar, the bigger ones are just more of an annoyance for me personally.So I chose to turn them off. I'm glad some of you like them.

Let's play horse. I'll pretend to be the front end, and you can just be yourself.

Design from hell...
Old
  (#51)
Peer
Norwegian in California
Peer has a reputation beyond reputePeer has a reputation beyond reputePeer has a reputation beyond reputePeer has a reputation beyond reputePeer has a reputation beyond reputePeer has a reputation beyond reputePeer has a reputation beyond reputePeer has a reputation beyond reputePeer has a reputation beyond reputePeer has a reputation beyond reputePeer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

Design from hell... - 01-22-2008, 08:01 AM

I can't believe how butt ugly that club member banner is -- a yellow banner next to a nine ball with a different yellow color, sprinkled with some unrelated fonts... all jammed up next to the green rep-points!

Yehoo -- the perfect example of aesthetics from hell. Now, excuse me while I go'n barf.

-- peer

Old
  (#52)
Vahmurka
...and I get all da rolls
Vahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2300

01-22-2008, 08:08 AM

Willibetmore expressed most of my worries already. Big avatars are nice when they don't stick out. Less posts per page is also a price to be paid for it, and probably not really worth.

I would like to help supporting AZ though, and I have a question, what is regular drawings? (since I don't need any of benefits offered) Is that picking somebody to receive goodies in a sort of lottery?

Old
  (#53)
Poolplaya9
Tellin' it like it is...
Poolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

01-22-2008, 08:17 AM

I enjoy seeing peoples avatars, but have to agree with some of the others here that they are just too large now. It scrunches up the text too much.

Another common problem, especially in the for sale section, is that when someone posts a large photo if forces you to have to scroll back and forth left to right to read every line in every post. With these large avatars, it will happen even more often by making even smaller photos cause the same problem.

As much as I hate to do it, I may also be forced to turn off the avatars. If the larger avatar size is causing many people to turn them off completely, it defeats the purpose and benefit of having them larger to begin with. It appears that it will drive many people to not see them at all.

Maybe the best solution is to allow the avatar heigth to be increased 100%, but allow no width increase or possibly a 10% increase in width. On a side note, the names are much better in the blue than the red.

Old
  (#54)
Mr. Wilson
Was
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

01-22-2008, 09:18 AM

Is the aviatar jumbo by default? or a matter of preferance. ie, can they chose not to have a huge av?

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

-- Mark Twain

336Robin "This smells of a Prid Quo Pro"

Old
  (#55)
worriedbeef
The Voice of Reason
worriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

01-22-2008, 09:56 AM

i think it just shows the natural resolution of the picture, up to a limit of course. so that's why not everybody's big avatar is huge cus it's just a smaller picture.

i'll be honest from a selfish point of view i really like the big avatars because I have a 22" monitor running at 1680x1050. looks really great and emphasises all the different characters and people we have here. but i can see how they would eat up the whole screen if you are using a 17inch monitor at 1024x768.

here's how it looks on a big screen and high res.
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3...eenshotmh1.jpg

and i agree with Peer though about the club member banner. 'butt ugly' is indeed a good description. looks a bit naff.

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life I know you'll be a sun, in somebody else's sky but why, why, why can't it be mine?"

Old
  (#56)
Double-Dave
Developing cue-addict
Double-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5795

01-22-2008, 10:01 AM

I can choose the picture any size I want it,
I used a 280x280 avatar on the first try, I'll change it to 250x250 now.

gr. Dave

Playing cue: Cuechanger cocobolo
Break + jump cue: Cuechanger
Case: Sterling wave 4x8
League: NPB Superleague + Top Pool League TPL1 + DBA Topleague
Hours play: 8-10 per week

www.doubledavecues.com
www.budgetstukadoor.nl

Old
  (#57)
AzHousePro
Administrator

AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

01-22-2008, 10:44 AM

Yes, that is exactly what it is.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahmurka
Willibetmore expressed most of my worries already. Big avatars are nice when they don't stick out. Less posts per page is also a price to be paid for it, and probably not really worth.

I would like to help supporting AZ though, and I have a question, what is regular drawings? (since I don't need any of benefits offered) Is that picking somebody to receive goodies in a sort of lottery?

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#58)
AzHousePro
Administrator

AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

01-22-2008, 10:49 AM

Oops, looks like I set the size of that avatars way too large for members. I toned it back down to 200 high by 200 wide.

Although that was a very nice avatar, I do have to agree that it is a little big even on my screen.

Mike

Old
  (#59)
AzHousePro
Administrator

01-22-2008, 10:49 AM

Can you resize that to 200 wide and repost?

Mike

Quote:
I am running 1200x800 approximately . The Avatar isn't much bigger than yours. It isn't anywhere close to causing problems.

I switched it all the way down to 800x600 and that's where it gets too big

Old
  (#60)
smokeandapancak
what?
smokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
  Send a message via Yahoo to smokeandapancak  
01-22-2008, 10:54 AM

resize it via any pphotosoftware...HP...sony... yadda yadda....
I am most positive that you have at least one basic editing software on your cpu.

dude

Page 4 of 16 « First 234 5614 Last »