Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Tournament Talk > U.S. Tournament Announcements
Reload this Page Tournament Listing Tips......
Page 3 of 6 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 60 votes, 4.32 average.
Old
  (#31)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock
Bigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4371

08-31-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsPlayingPool View Post
If you are referring to the calendar tab under the AZBilliards banner at the top of the page, I believe that is used mainly by the admin to post birthdays and stuff like that. The first time I ever looked at that was just now, because of your post. But yes, you could use it I suppose.

For more exposure you are best off to start a thread in the tournament announcements forum and bump it during the few days leading up to the tournament. And no, it is not a problem to post an announcement of say, a monthly tournament, and then start a new thread each month reminding people of the upcoming event. You can also use these threads to post results and thank-you's after the event.
Actually multiple thread about the same event are not recommended. Real estate in the tournament section should be respected and used wisely. All of us appreciate it and you will too!

Thanks,

Ray Hansen
Cue & A Promotions

If the movers and shakers in this industry would stop spending all of their time trying to tear each other down, then maybe they would have some free time to start building up the industry. ~Mike AzHousePro

How the *&^% is he playing the game wrong when he's going to Wachovia to deposit YOUR $$$$ is HIS account??????? LOL! ~wutang

Old
  (#32)
DogsPlayingPool
"What's in your wallet?"
DogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-31-2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtruck View Post
Actually multiple thread about the same event are not recommended. Real estate in the tournament section should be respected and used wisely. All of us appreciate it and you will too!

Thanks,

Ray Hansen
Cue & A Promotions
Just to be clear, I wasn't referring to multiple threads for the exact same event. But I've seen others start new threads each month for a tournament that is held every month. I don't run events so I've not posted any tournament announcements. I was just going by what I've seen.

I stand corrected then Ray. I see others do that so I thought it was OK. You certainly would know. Thanks.

"It's not enough that you just have talent, you gotta have character too." - Eddie Felson

Last edited by DogsPlayingPool; 08-31-2009 at 01:28 AM.

Old
  (#33)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

01-21-2010, 12:01 PM

Be nice also if they would start their thread this way: state first then town then the rest of the story

Wyoming/Cheyenne/1-1-1 and go from there.....

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Old
  (#34)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

01-21-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
Be nice also if they would start their thread this way: state first then town then the rest of the story

That's a good beginning. I could live with that.

I just wish the promoters would be more up front about FEES, hold back money, how many coin for the table if any, payout percentages and how deep, etc. I designes a PDF FORM that anyone could fill in easily but I think it had too much information on it.

JoeyA

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Old
  (#35)
mamono
AzB Silver Member
mamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 30450

04-06-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post

I agree with this one... Was going to make the suggestion myself. I was thinking more along the lines of using the actual state abbreviation and then city followed by the pool hall such as:

CA, Bellflower, Hardtimes > Mezz 10 Ball Open, May 7-9

Old
  (#36)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock
Bigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond repute

04-06-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamono View Post
I agree with this one... Was going to make the suggestion myself. I was thinking more along the lines of using the actual state abbreviation and then city followed by the pool hall such as:

CA, Bellflower, Hardtimes > Mezz 10 Ball Open, May 7-9
I like this. I'm not sure the poolroom is needed, but I still try to work it in.

Thanks,

Ray

If the movers and shakers in this industry would stop spending all of their time trying to tear each other down, then maybe they would have some free time to start building up the industry. ~Mike AzHousePro

How the *&^% is he playing the game wrong when he's going to Wachovia to deposit YOUR $$$$ is HIS account??????? LOL! ~wutang

Title
Old
  (#37)
Break-n-Run
AzB Silver Member
Break-n-Run has a reputation beyond reputeBreak-n-Run has a reputation beyond reputeBreak-n-Run has a reputation beyond reputeBreak-n-Run has a reputation beyond reputeBreak-n-Run has a reputation beyond reputeBreak-n-Run has a reputation beyond reputeBreak-n-Run has a reputation beyond reputeBreak-n-Run has a reputation beyond reputeBreak-n-Run has a reputation beyond reputeBreak-n-Run has a reputation beyond reputeBreak-n-Run has a reputation beyond repute

Title - 04-11-2010, 03:41 PM

Good ideas. I'll use some of these in my upcoming announcements. I'm a novice...gotta learn from the veterans!

Old
  (#38)
Swauve
AzB Bronze Member
Swauve is on a distinguished road

05-07-2010, 01:47 PM

Also if the grand prize depends on the number of participants, you can bump your thread everytime someone new enters and the attendance/prize amount is raised.

Old
  (#39)
j.one
Let a (pool) playa PLAY!
j.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond repute

05-14-2010, 02:46 PM

I didn't read all the posts here, so forgive me if this is redundant:

Is it not possible to split these posts up into regions or states, or regions within larger states?
Seems that would be easier for people to get their info without scrolling through everything.

Old
  (#40)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock

05-14-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.one View Post
I didn't read all the posts here, so forgive me if this is redundant:

Is it not possible to split these posts up into regions or states, or regions within larger states?
Seems that would be easier for people to get their info without scrolling through everything.
It is possible. To date AZ has not seen a need for it.

If people would put the town & state in title it would be 100% better.

Ray

Old
  (#41)
jamaicajoes
AzB Silver Member
jamaicajoes has a reputation beyond reputejamaicajoes has a reputation beyond reputejamaicajoes has a reputation beyond reputejamaicajoes has a reputation beyond reputejamaicajoes has a reputation beyond reputejamaicajoes has a reputation beyond reputejamaicajoes has a reputation beyond reputejamaicajoes has a reputation beyond reputejamaicajoes has a reputation beyond reputejamaicajoes has a reputation beyond reputejamaicajoes has a reputation beyond repute

09-16-2010, 05:16 AM

Hey bigtruck, is there a way to edit my header? I listed my tourn for nov 7th and 8th and it should be nov 6th and 7th. Bill jamaicajoes

Old
  (#42)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock

Post 09-16-2010, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicajoes View Post
Hey bigtruck, is there a way to edit my header? I listed my tourn for nov 7th and 8th and it should be nov 6th and 7th. Bill jamaicajoes
Send your request to:

Housepro@azbilliards.com

Include a link to the thread in question and exactly how you want the title to read.

Hope you have a great event!

Ray

update
Old
  (#43)
Sw10balltour
AzB Silver Member
Sw10balltour has a reputation beyond reputeSw10balltour has a reputation beyond reputeSw10balltour has a reputation beyond reputeSw10balltour has a reputation beyond reputeSw10balltour has a reputation beyond reputeSw10balltour has a reputation beyond reputeSw10balltour has a reputation beyond reputeSw10balltour has a reputation beyond reputeSw10balltour has a reputation beyond reputeSw10balltour has a reputation beyond reputeSw10balltour has a reputation beyond repute

update - 10-11-2010, 03:28 PM

If bigtruck is there. They will come. Just saying

Old
  (#44)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

10-11-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicajoes View Post
Bill,
Just go to your post and select "Edit", then select "Go ADVANCED" and edit. You can change your heading there.
JoeyA

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Old
  (#45)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock

Post 10-13-2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
Bill,
Just go to your post and select "Edit", then select "Go ADVANCED" and edit. You can change your heading there.
JoeyA
Unfortunately Joey, That will only change it inside the thread, not on the title that everyone sees.

Here's how to do it.

Send your request to:

Housepro@azbilliards.com

Include a link to the thread in question and exactly how you want the title to read.

Ray

Page 3 of 6 123 45 Last »