Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Snooker
Reload this Page The Wonderful World Of Billiards , Snooker , Pool etc !
Page 3 of 22 123 4513 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Hi Bob 1
Old
  (#31)
church66
AzB Silver Member
church66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Thumbs up Hi Bob 1 - 03-24-2020, 02:37 PM

Alex Higgins comments on referee Street. :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-0Kkw4YK6M

I must confess I never did like the Snooker Referee John Street !

Alex Higgins asks the referee to move
Old
  (#32)
church66
AzB Silver Member
church66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up Alex Higgins asks the referee to move - 03-24-2020, 02:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjoAavFvYoI

Cliff Thorburn vs Alex Higgins - Cue extension incident
Old
  (#33)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Cliff Thorburn vs Alex Higgins - Cue extension incident - 03-24-2020, 02:41 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvGvLNdwUUI

Old
  (#34)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-24-2020, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by church66 View Post
Alex Higgins comments on referee Street. :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-0Kkw4YK6M

I must confess I never did like the Snooker Referee John Street !
I never saw him in action that I know of. He has been referred to as the Dean of the referees and wrote a referee training book. Any vids of him? Any idea what bothered Alex?

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#35)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Alex Higgins asks the referee to move
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjoAavFvYoI
One time when I was refereeing and standing close to the player I got punched in the nose, so considering Alex, that ref got off easy.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#36)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
One time when I was refereeing and standing close to the player I got punched in the nose, so considering Alex, that ref got off easy.

You don’t have to tell me who it was.....but I hope he was disqualified.

One of my best friends was barred from soccer for life....knocked a ref out cold.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Local Leagues
Old
  (#37)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Local Leagues - 03-25-2020, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Always the same Bob , opposition team referee always gave their team the decision lol !

Pink Floyd - One Of My Turns
Old
  (#38)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Pink Floyd - One Of My Turns - 03-25-2020, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post

One of my best friends was barred from soccer for life....knocked a ref out cold.
Hi pt109 !

I hope your doing well and coping with the lockdown and not throwing your TV set out the window Keith moon style over lack of sports action .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOay-7aqLks

Hi Bob !
Old
  (#39)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Hi Bob ! - 03-25-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:
I never saw him in action that I know of. He has been referred to as the Dean of the referees and wrote a referee training book. Any vids of him? Any idea what bothered Alex?
I think what happened there was Alex and John had a mutual hatred of each other so once you seen Alex on TV and John was the Ref it was odds on Alex would crack up and lose his match or at least that was the way I seen it !

Memory Shot: 1976/77 Snooker Season
Old
  (#40)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Memory Shot: 1976/77 Snooker Season - 03-25-2020, 06:19 AM

https://snookerhq.com/2020/03/25/mem...nooker-season/

Earl Strickland Pro Pool Player Mad angry Hd
Old
  (#41)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Earl Strickland Pro Pool Player Mad angry Hd - 03-25-2020, 06:35 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGAelTyyBt0

Earl 'The Pearl' Strickland .

Box office material and you just never know what happens next when Earl's at the table .
I got a few Earl Dvd's , one from Upstate al in the draw bought another lol !

Old
  (#42)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member

03-25-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post

It was Lou Butera. He didn't do it on purpose. He was playing a shot in 14.1 where his bridge hand was near some balls and the sleeve of his suit coat was over some balls and I got in close position where I could watch. He banked a ball and came back quickly and his bridging forearm made very firm contact with my nose.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#43)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member

03-25-2020, 07:20 AM

Quote:
... and not throwing your TV set out the window ...
I gave my TV set a more peaceful death in 1995 by unplugging it and taking down the antenna. I only turned it on briefly in September of 2001 before I finally sent it to the old electronics graveyard.

When I really need a live sports fix I go to the venue or as an inferior second, a sports bar. Lately I'm glad to see the live streams popping up.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

All-time top 10: Who are snooker's greatest tacticians?
Old
  (#44)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up All-time top 10: Who are snooker's greatest tacticians? - 03-26-2020, 12:53 PM

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/...PpWi18QDLDSv8k

Memory Shot: 1977/78 Snooker Season
Old
  (#45)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Memory Shot: 1977/78 Snooker Season - 03-26-2020, 12:55 PM

https://snookerhq.com/2020/03/26/mem...nooker-season/

Page 3 of 22 123 4513 Last »