Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Instructor Reviews
Reload this Page Who is the best instructor in the US?
Page 3 of 4 123 4

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
bbb
AzB Silver Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-18-2018, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusmadpark View Post
What should your level be to take lessons? Should you be able to string a few racks together or run 5 balls and then miss a ball because you have to power stroke it and don’t feel comfortable drawing 5 feet for shape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i know your question was to scott
but i think everyone from someone who never played (especially for them ) to a pro can benefit with lessons.
look at the coach from the usa mosconi cup requiring the players to go to boot camp with him..there is an example of the best players still getting instruction

Old
  (#32)
SFC9ball
JimBaker PBIA Instructor
SFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-19-2018, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusmadpark View Post
What should your level be to take lessons? Should you be able to string a few racks together or run 5 balls and then miss a ball because you have to power stroke it and don’t feel comfortable drawing 5 feet for shape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At any level a player can benefit from lessons, the player just has to be open minded to get the most out of the experience.

My thought is this you can take a lesson and stream line the learning and get yourself to your highest potential in a reasonable time or you can muddle you way through it and take years to possibly get there.

New players taking a lesson right from the beginning will be better off because they wont have any bad habits to break. They will have the ability to build a solid foundation of their stance, stroke and Pre-Shot Routine in a shorter period of time and this helps greatly when working on the Skills needed to play the game at a high level.

Jim Baker
PBIA Master Instructor
Member of the SPF Family
(573) 433-0386
E-mail: 1jbcuerepair@gmail.com

Old
  (#33)
Prairie dog
AzB Silver Member
Prairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven5000 View Post
Who is the best instructor in the US? Easiest to understand and make the game as simple as possible? Whos the most popular right now? Ive taken some lessons and their ok. But i need somone whos good at explaining, teaching? A great player can be a so so teacher. Any help greatly appreciated! 😀👍
You should contact Robin Dreyer. He WILL help you out. Reasonable rates. But, you'll have to fly to Portland, Oregon. No matter your game, he knows it all (as far as I can figure it out).

Member of NRA

Old
  (#34)
JC
The Thread Stops Here
JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
There already is a website with that information. Go to playbetterbilliards.comand look for pbia certified instructors by state in your area.

Scott Lee
http://pool knowledge.com
With all due respect Scott there are "recognized" instructors with established fargo ratings below 450 and "master" instructors below 525.

You can't teach what you don't know after a certain point.

JC

Old
  (#35)
goettlicher
AzB Silver Member
goettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond repute

12-08-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
With all due respect Scott there are "recognized" instructors with established fargo ratings below 450 and "master" instructors below 525.

You can't teach what you don't know after a certain point.

JC

Hi JC

Scott knows! He knows more than most.
Remember, Scott teached "behind the cue ball" as good as anyone on this Planet.

randyg
\

P.B.I.A Master Instructor
2018 Instructor of the year
www.randygpool.com

Old
  (#36)
JC
The Thread Stops Here
JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

12-08-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goettlicher View Post
Hi JC

Scott knows! He knows more than most.
Remember, Scott teached "behind the cue ball" as good as anyone on this Planet.

randyg
\
I spent a day with Scott and enjoyed it a lot. Never really got a handle on how he actually plays the game though. He talks a sporty personal game though. Please don't tell me he's a 450 fargo

JC

Old
  (#37)
goettlicher
AzB Silver Member
goettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 07:13 AM

Quote:
I spent a day with Scott and enjoyed it a lot. Never really got a handle on how he actually plays the game though. He talks a sporty personal game though. Please don't tell me he's a 450 fargo

JC
No, Scott is not a 450 Fargo.

He's a 525 Fargo.

Scott teaches, not competes!

randyg

www.randygpool.com

Old
  (#38)
JC
The Thread Stops Here

12-09-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goettlicher View Post
No, Scott is not a 450 Fargo.

He's a 525 Fargo.

Scott teaches, not competes!

randyg
In other words he doesn't have a Fargo rating...... Isn't everyone without games in the system a 525?

I was talking about established Fargos in the 450 range professing to be instructors.

Ummm No thank you please.

JC

Old
  (#39)
goettlicher
AzB Silver Member

12-10-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
In other words he doesn't have a Fargo rating...... Isn't everyone without games in the system a 525?

I was talking about established Fargos in the 450 range professing to be instructors.

Ummm No thank you please.

JC
Yes you have my drift.
Scott is a full time Instructor, not player.

Most us us have very little time to hone our games, we sharpen our teaching knowledge.

randyg

www.randygpool.com

Old
  (#40)
kaznj
AzB Silver Member
kaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond repute

12-11-2018, 09:40 AM

I have worked with Scott on several occasions. Excellent instructor. Gives you more than you payed for.
As far as his skill level goes, Scott has always been able to demonstrate anything he teaches. He does not have to run ten racks to prove his point. One time we were talking about elbow drop. Many people say you cannot get a power draw shot without dropping your elbow. I taped Scott shooting a draw shot. Cue ball on head string, object ball on foot string. Cue ball drew back to end rail. Elbow did not move.

Stan Shuffett
Old
  (#41)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

Stan Shuffett - 12-18-2018, 07:06 AM

In my opinion, Stan Shuffett is the best instructor in the USA.
He is the all time, non-stop, BOSS of transferring the knowledge of correct pool playing.
As well as being able to do it himself.

***Inside every 'progressive' there exists a totalitarian fighting to get out and tell everyone how to live their lives

Old
  (#42)
Prairie dog
AzB Silver Member
Prairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond repute

12-18-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
He is the all time, non-stop, BOSS of transferring the knowledge of correct pool playing.
Didn't know he was a full time teacher. I have heard he took a year off to write a book or something. A teacher should teach. Rather have a teacher that is there when you need him (her).

Member of NRA

Last edited by Prairie dog; 12-18-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Old
  (#43)
goettlicher
AzB Silver Member

12-20-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
Stan is great!!

I didnt see you in one of our classes.

randyg

www.randygpool.com

Old
  (#44)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

12-22-2018, 07:47 AM

Do we have a Pool Instructor HOF. We should, Scott and Randy for all they do and how they do it.

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#45)
goettlicher
AzB Silver Member

12-22-2018, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrown View Post
Do we have a Pool Instructor HOF. We should, Scott and Randy for all they do and how they do it.
Yes we do.
It's referred to as "The Jerry Briesath Award"!
Randyg is already there, waiting on Scott.

randyg

www.randygpool.com

Page 3 of 4 123 4