Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page New Here? - Introduce Yourself
Page 3 of 30 123 4513 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old
  (#31)
dnbnt
Just a little "stituos"
dnbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-04-2015, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolplaya1 View Post
this is probably a good place to ask a question. Where is the action room? I don't see it. Do I need more posts?

thanks
http://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

Try this.

Dave

McDermott D19 camui soft/shooter
McDermott D3 /breaker
Schmelke backup.

The next shot is the only shot that matters. Previous shots are just learning tools - ZPELE
Either use the FIRE or it burns you down - Van Acken

Hello from CT
Old
  (#32)
jhev1
AzB Bronze Member
jhev1 is on a distinguished road

Hello from CT - 12-11-2015, 07:16 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is John, I played for years growing up, got married & took 15 years off. I played maybe once every couple years during that time. Now I'm back in the APA and playing again. Boy is there a lot of rust!! Anyway, been lurking around here for a while but recently registered. See you around!

Old
  (#33)
railbird99
AzB Silver Member
railbird99 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird99 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird99 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird99 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird99 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird99 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird99 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird99 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird99 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird99 has a reputation beyond reputerailbird99 has a reputation beyond repute

12-14-2015, 12:08 PM

Hi .

Welcome.
Old
  (#34)
Railbird Hero
AzB Silver Member
Railbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome. - 12-24-2015, 02:45 AM

Welcome to the new members. I hope everyone enjoys their time here. I've met incredibly good folks. I may not post often, but I do pop in and read the threads when I can. Wish everyone a happy holidays. Cheers.

Playing Cue: Joss w/ 314.2 Shaft
Break: Silverztone with Phenolic Tip
Jump: Ned Morris

New here, great site!
Old
  (#35)
burgessdg
AzB Bronze Member
burgessdg is on a distinguished road

New here, great site! - 12-27-2015, 06:17 PM

Hello to all. Thanks to those who created and contribute to this site.

A little about me? Started shooting in the 60's with a finished basement that included an 8 foot Montgomery Ward pool table. 3/4" pressboard, blue felt, but it was all ours. Yes and a pole to shoot around LOL. 7 boys, lots of fun for years. We did have a nice pool hall in the bowling alley about a mile away that we frequented when we had the $1.20 per hour for the tables. 15 tables, all Brunswicks. Half were Anniversary models, the other half were newer models that were colored formica, not real wood, kinda wedge shaped and functional, not pretty. All were 9 footers, all were true. As the Anniversaries were worn, they were replaced with the formica models. I think last time I was there in the late 70's all the Anniversaries were gone, by the 80's they expanded the bar and dropped to 9 tables.

My first purchase from my first job was a 2 piece stick from Minnesota Fats for $13. Still have it, still use it, same leather case.

When I was 14, I paid for my table time by "hustling" 20-30 year olds whose ego could not take a 14 year old kid beating them at 8 ball. Kinda fun, once in awhile dangerous. There was most always someone in the hall that knew me, or one of my older brothers, so not too dangerous...

When I designed my house in the 80's I knew I would have a 9 footer some day, hopefully an Anniversary. As such, my family room is 19 x 33, planned, for the table at the far end. Early 90's, Pizza joint in town was closing, they had a 9' Hanson Billiards table that I would shoot on with my kids while we were waiting for pizza. My wife asked the owner what he was going to do with the table. He said he needed to get rid of it. A deal was struck. Happy Anniversary hubby. Don't know much about the table except it is 3 piece slate, I broke it down and put it up. All wood, except at corners and side pockets are polished aluminum, and top of rails is simulated wood (Formica). Still on my list to refinish it and install new felt.

Plaque says "Hanson Billiard Supply, Top Line Tables, Chicago Illinois. (Has an 8 ball just ahead of the Top Line tables) Anyone has any info about Hanson tables I would appreciate it.

Thanks for allowing me in, sorry my story was more than a little

New here
Old
  (#36)
mclordstephen
Registered
mclordstephen is on a distinguished road

New here - 12-27-2015, 09:04 PM

Hi I,m Steve
I just recently inherited some pool cues from my faster-in-law. I don't know a lot about them other than he got them from his brother and his brother passed away in 1993. (none of these cues have been used since 1993) He used to live with the owner of hard times billiards in the L.A. area for some time. Two of the sticks I have verified as a late 80s barbell ginacue and D-26 McDermott. I am trying to verify what I believe is a Al Ramero Sneaky pete and another that just has a gold cross and no other marks that I can find, I have pictures but don't know how to post them, Any help is appreciated thanks.https://photos.google.com/

Last edited by mclordstephen; 12-28-2015 at 08:29 PM.

Intro
Old
  (#37)
cueassembler
Registered
cueassembler has a reputation beyond reputecueassembler has a reputation beyond reputecueassembler has a reputation beyond reputecueassembler has a reputation beyond reputecueassembler has a reputation beyond reputecueassembler has a reputation beyond reputecueassembler has a reputation beyond reputecueassembler has a reputation beyond reputecueassembler has a reputation beyond reputecueassembler has a reputation beyond reputecueassembler has a reputation beyond repute

Intro - 01-12-2016, 05:28 AM

Hi,
I am in Michigan, retired, and making a few cues as a hobby. My other interests are hunting, fishing and of course playing pool. I play 8 ball in a league and a few local tournaments.

Leonard
Attached Images

Old
  (#38)
Rshoe
Registered
Rshoe is on a distinguished road

01-12-2016, 03:15 PM

I have been lurking for some time, figured it is time to buck up and join. My dad introduced me to pool and I got hooked. I played any chance I could get.

It had been 10 years since I last really played before I took it up again in 2014. Life just got in the way, but no I have been back at it when time permits.

I have come here to learn more about the game and help myself improve now that I am back at it.

New old giuy here.
Old
  (#39)
Willieboy
Registered
Willieboy has a reputation beyond reputeWillieboy has a reputation beyond reputeWillieboy has a reputation beyond reputeWillieboy has a reputation beyond reputeWillieboy has a reputation beyond reputeWillieboy has a reputation beyond reputeWillieboy has a reputation beyond reputeWillieboy has a reputation beyond reputeWillieboy has a reputation beyond reputeWillieboy has a reputation beyond reputeWillieboy has a reputation beyond repute

New old giuy here. - 01-15-2016, 04:25 PM

I'm a really old guy. I have not played in many years, but have recently picked up my cue in an effort to reclaim some measure of my severely eroded skills. I was introduced to the game by Moses when we were in Egypt together a few years ago.

Bill

Old
  (#40)
tc in l a
AzB Silver Member
tc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-17-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willieboy View Post
I'm a really old guy. I have not played in many years, but have recently picked up my cue in an effort to reclaim some measure of my severely eroded skills. I was introduced to the game by Moses when we were in Egypt together a few years ago.

Bill
Welcome aboard WB, do you still have your birth certificate after all these years?

My experience with those clay tablets hasn't been a good one.

Old
  (#41)
West Texan
Registered
West Texan has a reputation beyond reputeWest Texan has a reputation beyond reputeWest Texan has a reputation beyond reputeWest Texan has a reputation beyond reputeWest Texan has a reputation beyond reputeWest Texan has a reputation beyond reputeWest Texan has a reputation beyond reputeWest Texan has a reputation beyond reputeWest Texan has a reputation beyond reputeWest Texan has a reputation beyond reputeWest Texan has a reputation beyond repute

01-25-2016, 12:17 PM

Howdy from West Texas. Been playing since I was old enough to walk. Played a lot of tournaments (in house) back in the 90s. Didn't play much in 2000 to 2010 due to kids. Now they are old enough to fend for themselves and wife and I started getting out again couple of years ago. Joined the league here and have also been running small in house tournaments for the last year. Am trying to learn all I can. My goal for this season is top 15% of bracket 1. Anyway, glad to be here, looks like a great forum.

WT

Howdy
Old
  (#42)
Johnny Danger
Registered
Johnny Danger is on a distinguished road

Howdy - 02-04-2016, 02:37 PM

I go by yardbird and learned to play while joining the APA league. I been playing for 1 year and my cue of choice is a players house cue from my home poolroom in Gainesville FL.

Last 3 and all the breaks please.

Old
  (#43)
dano599
Registered
dano599 is on a distinguished road

02-09-2016, 09:36 AM

Hi all, been playing for 50+ yrs, retired in 04 and have been trying to get my game back ever since, working hard on it, my son still kicks my a$$ but we have fun playing. Alot of info on this site, I better get reading. maybe teach an ole dog something.

Long time listener, first time caller
Old
  (#44)
AF pool guy
AzB Silver Member
AF pool guy has a reputation beyond reputeAF pool guy has a reputation beyond reputeAF pool guy has a reputation beyond reputeAF pool guy has a reputation beyond reputeAF pool guy has a reputation beyond reputeAF pool guy has a reputation beyond reputeAF pool guy has a reputation beyond reputeAF pool guy has a reputation beyond reputeAF pool guy has a reputation beyond reputeAF pool guy has a reputation beyond reputeAF pool guy has a reputation beyond repute

Long time listener, first time caller - 02-13-2016, 06:52 PM

Hello,

From StL, but the AF has taken me some places. Met my wife playing bar box 8 ball in Colorado, that turned into a couple years of APA getting out as a solid 6. Then a few years of recreational 9 footer in MD (anyone remember Howard's in Waldorf). Had some kids then nothing for 8 yrs. I just got back into the scene playing Dutch Black Ball on six footers with tiny 8 cm pockets when the AF moved me to Tokyo and I found myself 5 minutes from the home base of a guy in the top 50 worldwide according to Fargorate. I'm now inspired to work on my game like never before. I can outcompete must of the local B's and I'm getting closer to the A's every week.

Wish me luck, and keep feeding the good info into the forums.

v/r

AF pool guy

Old
  (#45)
tc in l a
AzB Silver Member
tc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond reputetc in l a has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-13-2016, 08:16 PM

Good luck and thanks for your service AF PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF pool guy View Post
Hello,

From StL, but the AF has taken me some places. Met my wife playing bar box 8 ball in Colorado, that turned into a couple years of APA getting out as a solid 6. Then a few years of recreational 9 footer in MD (anyone remember Howard's in Waldorf). Had some kids then nothing for 8 yrs. I just got back into the scene playing Dutch Black Ball on six footers with tiny 8 cm pockets when the AF moved me to Tokyo and I found myself 5 minutes from the home base of a guy in the top 50 worldwide according to Fargorate. I'm now inspired to work on my game like never before. I can outcompete must of the local B's and I'm getting closer to the A's every week.

Wish me luck, and keep feeding the good info into the forums.

v/r

AF pool guy

Page 3 of 30 123 4513 Last »