Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > AzB Hall of Fame
Reload this Page Smorgass Bored
Page 3 of 8 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.29 average.
Old
  (#31)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

03-12-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
on about Feb. 22 i sent Smorgie an on line note....

"don't don't don't give up Marine!"

on Mar. 5th; i don't know how he did it he replied in a PM::

"""SORRY"""

i can only say this:

"see ya"

no goodbye's...

just "see ya later"
smokey

Smokey,
At the time of his reply, Doug could barely answer the telephone and his effort to interact with the forum was herculean. I received some rep from Smorgass Bored at the end and all he said in the comment section was: "Thanks".

Joey

Old
  (#32)
Koop
AzB Silver Member
Koop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 78612

03-12-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secaucus Fats View Post
OK, here are the scanned pics. All were taken at Planet 9 Ball one is of Smorg with the houseman, and the other three are of Smorg and I.

Fats
Not what I envisioned at all.

He looked like he was a REALLY good guy. Funny how the internet and anonymity can force you to envision someone.

RIP

Old
  (#33)
BrandyWine
Mike's Better Half
BrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1150

03-12-2009, 03:27 PM

Don't forget you can "Rate this Thread" in the top right hand corner.

Take a Leap of Faith...

Old
  (#34)
cmbwsu
Pool Stream Advocate
cmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2025

03-12-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandyWine View Post
Don't forget you can "Rate this Thread" in the top right hand corner.
Don't forget to rate Smorg's last post thread as well -- click SMORG at signature element below!

....................Bob

Old
  (#35)
JoeyA
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbwsu View Post
Don't forget to rate Smorg's last post thread as well -- click SMORG at signature element below!
Some old posts by Smorgass Bored
JoeyA

Old
  (#36)
cmbwsu
Pool Stream Advocate
cmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
Sorry JoeyA -- the link you provided came up with this: "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

....................Bob

Old
  (#37)
JoeyA

03-12-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbwsu View Post
Sorry JoeyA -- the link you provided came up with this: "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
I just clicked on Smorgass Bored's name and selected All Posts by Smorgass Bored and went to LAST . I guess it only works for the individual doing the search. My bad.

JoeyA

Old
  (#38)
cmbwsu
Pool Stream Advocate

03-12-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
I just clicked on Smorgass Bored's name and selected All Posts by Smorgass Bored and went to LAST . I guess it only works for the individual doing the search. My bad.

JoeyA
I believe this is the site you were wishing to post: http://forums.azbilliards.com/search...archid=2526082

....................Bob

Old
  (#39)
MOJOE
Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
MOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325
  Send a message via AIM to MOJOE Send a message via Yahoo to MOJOE  
03-16-2009, 11:46 AM

Back to the top Smorg.. Your posts were always fun and witty! I miss em.

Later Loup
Old
  (#40)
Gunn_Slinger
AzB Silver Member
Gunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 68

Later Loup - 03-17-2009, 05:13 AM

When OHB passed away Smorgie made a comment, it was meant in a different way then I took it and I called Smorgie on it. LOL, he banned himself and apologized too everyone in the free world for making it.

After that, he told me that when he died I could make a funny comment about him lol.

Everyday since he passed away I have thought of something funny and then I changed my mind,maybe it wasn't that funny, and now I have ran out of time and I have no zippy one liners for my poker buddy.

So I just will say how it's funny that we ended up being friends and poker buddies.

He has such a flair for the game, it wasn't about the money it was winning,,,,lol.

I told Smorgie that I would make him laugh everyday when he first told me how bad it was getting, sometimes I would just ramble on about the goofy things that were happening at my house about the flipping furnace that will break on the coldest day "ever' on record books, the flipping squirrel's that moved into the attic, the raccoons that would knock at the door for food and start howling if you never showed, lol.

Smorgie would make some comment, and we would laugh. I think he made me laugh more, but who's to say.

Also he had the best one liners for the bullies and the bluffers at the table

Near the end it was too hard for him to sit at the desk and use the computer, so his lovely and brilliant wife Barbara set him up in a lazy boy so he could recline and still play poker and read the forums, he would lay there and play without typing much, sometimes, we would just play and not even talk, lol.

I never saw him at the poker table the last week, I got a pm from him on the saturday it just said hugs nothing else, I just knew somewhere in my heart that it was time for him to go.

Now when people ask where he is I say he passed away and I think he's playing pool, eating chicken wings, and trading one liners with some of the best.

hugs my friend, I'm sorry I couldn't think of a funny one liner I should have got you to write one for me,,,,LOL

The Master
Old
  (#41)
JoeyA

The Master - 03-17-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunn_Slinger View Post
When OHB passed away Smorgie made a comment, it was meant in a different way then I took it and I called Smorgie on it. LOL, he banned himself and apologized too everyone in the free world for making it.

After that, he told me that when he died I could make a funny comment about him lol.

Everyday since he passed away I have thought of something funny and then I changed my mind,maybe it wasn't that funny, and now I have ran out of time and I have no zippy one liners for my poker buddy.

So I just will say how it's funny that we ended up being friends and poker buddies.

He has such a flair for the game, it wasn't about the money it was winning,,,,lol.

I told Smorgie that I would make him laugh everyday when he first told me how bad it was getting, sometimes I would just ramble on about the goofy things that were happening at my house about the flipping furnace that will break on the coldest day "ever' on record books, the flipping squirrel's that moved into the attic, the raccoons that would knock at the door for food and start howling if you never showed, lol.

Smorgie would make some comment, and we would laugh. I think he made me laugh more, but who's to say.

Also he had the best one liners for the bullies and the bluffers at the table

Near the end it was too hard for him to sit at the desk and use the computer, so his lovely and brilliant wife Barbara set him up in a lazy boy so he could recline and still play poker and read the forums, he would lay there and play without typing much, sometimes, we would just play and not even talk, lol.

I never saw him at the poker table the last week, I got a pm from him on the saturday it just said hugs nothing else, I just knew somewhere in my heart that it was time for him to go.

Now when people ask where he is I say he passed away and I think he's playing pool, eating chicken wings, and trading one liners with some of the best.

hugs my friend, I'm sorry I couldn't think of a funny one liner I should have got you to write one for me,,,,LOL
Your post of his winning ways reminded me of one of Doug's comebacks to me. I was teasing him one day about his last name, Winslow. (He pronounced it WINS-LOW.) I needled him and asked if he had ever thought about his name much since he didn't give it out to many people maybe he was ashamed of it and I pronounced his name slowly using different syllables, saying WIN-SLOW. He piped back faster than a mongoose retailiating from a cobra strike, "AT LEAST I WIN".

JoeyA

Old
  (#42)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock
Bigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4371

Talking 03-17-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Your post of his winning ways reminded me of one of Doug's comebacks to me. I was teasing him one day about his last name, Winslow. (He pronounced it WINS-LOW.) I needled him and asked if he had ever thought about his name much since he didn't give it out to many people maybe he was ashamed of it and I pronounced his name slowly using different syllables, saying WIN-SLOW. He piped back faster than a mongoose retailiating from a cobra strike, "AT LEAST I WIN".

JoeyA
That's funny Joey!! LOL

I have a friend named My Nguyen (pronounced me win). We like to play for chicken dinner! He plays good, but somehow I always seem to win. I like to tell him, me win you lose! LOL.

Ray
(maybe he just like to buy me chicken)

ps. He is a longtime poster here and on rsb. Samiel.

If the movers and shakers in this industry would stop spending all of their time trying to tear each other down, then maybe they would have some free time to start building up the industry. ~Mike AzHousePro

How the *&^% is he playing the game wrong when he's going to Wachovia to deposit YOUR $$$$ is HIS account??????? LOL! ~wutang

Old
  (#43)
JoeyA

03-17-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtruck View Post
That's funny Joey!! LOL

I have a friend named My Nguyen (pronounced me win).
ps. He is a longtime poster here and on rsb. Samiel.
If your friend is Samiel then you have another good friend.

JoeyA

Old
  (#44)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock
Bigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4371

Thumbs up 03-17-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
If your friend is Samiel then you have another good friend.

JoeyA
That's VERY true Joey!

They don't come any better that Samiel!!

He has been doing the streams for our AZ Challenges. We always have a blast too! My is one of the kindest and most generous people I have ever met. Fun to be around too!

Thanks for mentioning that!

Ray

If the movers and shakers in this industry would stop spending all of their time trying to tear each other down, then maybe they would have some free time to start building up the industry. ~Mike AzHousePro

How the *&^% is he playing the game wrong when he's going to Wachovia to deposit YOUR $$$$ is HIS account??????? LOL! ~wutang

Old
  (#45)
cmbwsu
Pool Stream Advocate

03-17-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:

JoeyA
My last name is ENSLOW and when people ask me how to pronounce it I say "EN-SLOW, out fast, around the corner, and through the middle -- I cover all the angles!" Not as witty as Doug; but, people do get it right after that! I have a name like Smorg, now if I could just find a friend like JoeyA!

....................Bob

Page 3 of 8 123 45 Last »