Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Pool Tables and Accessories Reviews
Reload this Page Brunswick vs Olhausen
Page 3 of 5 123 45

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo
trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-04-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddg45 View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about. Gold Crown are great tables but if you look at the construction of the lower priced, recently manufactured Brunswicks (have you done that? I didn't think so) they're absolute junk. Wouldn't have one in my home. Please educate yourself before you speak. Oops, too much to ask of someone like you.
I have restored over 50 Gold Crowns, 20 Anniversary's and 5 Centennials. You can see all of the work right here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/toledopo...os/?tab=albums
Sir, you dont know anything about current Gold Crowns. I have both GC 5 and 6's in my inventory right now and they are awesome tables.. You own a Connelly and are tryin to tell me something about quality?? You sir are full of crap. "Someone like me" works on only the best in pool tables and know my business. CONNELLY TABLES ARE JUNK. You are cheap and so are your opinions. Don't come on here acting like you know something other than a low price....

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#32)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

05-04-2019, 07:50 PM

You guys all need to get on the same sheet of music. Commercial pool tables are just that, designed for commercial usage, and for the most part, that's the Diamond ProAm style tables, and the Brunswick Gold Crown pool tables. ALL OTHER POOL TABLES FALL INTO THE HOME TABLE MARKET! When someone says they THINK Connelly pool tables are built BETTER than Brunswick tables....they are NOT TALKING ABOUT THE GOLD CROWNS, as Connely DON'T make commercial pool tables!!

Trent, DON'T sit here and compare GOLD CROWNS, ANNIVERSARY, AND CENTENNIAL pool tables as better pool tables than ALL other HOME STYLE pool tablee! They were never built has home style pool tables, there intent was in the commercial market place. If your going to compare pool tables, do so as apples to apples, or oranges to oranges. You DON'T work on all the other home style built pool tables anyway, not even the new Brunswick HOME STYLE LINE OF POOL TABLES!

The ONLY thing anyone needs to know about buying a NEW pool table is that once they get it home it just lost 50% of its value. Diamond ProAms are the ONLY pool tables on the market that retain their resale value, but their look is NOT for everyone. And don't come back with how much YOUR tables you sell have retained their value because you buy them CHEAP to begin with, or you wouldn't buy them at all, you just find those.deals before anyone else does, it's your business.

You guys need to try giving your UNBIASED opinions first, if you can't do that, then shut the hell up because you're doing nothing but confusing everyone reading!!!

Old
  (#33)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo
trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

05-04-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
You guys all need to get on the same sheet of music. Commercial pool tables are just that, designed for commercial usage, and for the most part, that's the Diamond ProAm style tables, and the Brunswick Gold Crown pool tables. ALL OTHER POOL TABLES FALL INTO THE HOME TABLE MARKET! When someone says they THINK Connelly pool tables are built BETTER than Brunswick tables....they are NOT TALKING ABOUT THE GOLD CROWNS, as Connely DON'T make commercial pool tables!!

Trent, DON'T sit here and compare GOLD CROWNS, ANNIVERSARY, AND CENTENNIAL pool tables as better pool tables than ALL other HOME STYLE pool tablee! They were never built has home style pool tables, there intent was in the commercial market place. If your going to compare pool tables, do so as apples to apples, or oranges to oranges. You DON'T work on all the other home style built pool tables anyway, not even the new Brunswick HOME STYLE LINE OF POOL TABLES!

The ONLY thing anyone needs to know about buying a NEW pool table is that once they get it home it just lost 50% of its value. Diamond ProAms are the ONLY pool tables on the market that retain their resale value, but their look is NOT for everyone. And don't come back with how much YOUR tables you sell have retained their value because you buy them CHEAP to begin with, or you wouldn't buy them at all, you just find those.deals before anyone else does, it's your business.

You guys need to try giving your UNBIASED opinions first, if you can't do that, then shut the hell up because you're doing nothing but confusing everyone reading!!!
Every manufacturer makes a "cheap" home table. None are better than the other and are a waste of time and money. Brunswick Contender series tables are exactly like all the other "price point" tables out there: CHEAP. I have worked on Connelly's, Olhausen, Contender and the higher end Brunswick Non commercial Tables. I would never recommend a Connelly, they would be DEAD LAST.

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#34)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

05-04-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
Every manufacturer makes a "cheap" home table. None are better than the other and are a waste of time and money. Brunswick Contender series tables are exactly like all the other "price point" tables out there: CHEAP. I have worked on Connelly's, Olhausen, Contender and the higher end Brunswick Non commercial Tables. I would never recommend a Connelly, they would be DEAD LAST.

Trent from Toledo
That's good for you, but you don't represent the industry!

Old
  (#35)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

05-04-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
That's good for you, but you don't represent the industry!
I work in it. My opinion counts.

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#36)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

05-04-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:

Trent from Toledo
When you're biased, you don't have an opinion!!

Old
  (#37)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

05-04-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:

Trent from Toledo
When a person asks for advice between 2 different makes of pool tables, that's where you give your opinion, but you shoot both tables down as total junk....because your biased, which is why you make it a point to tell everyone just WHICH pool tables YOU DO support the sale of....yours!! If you can't stay on the subject, then don't make a comment, and stop arguing with those that DON'T agree with your biased opinions!!

Stick to the framework of your business model, because this is NOT the way to give advice to anyone.

Old
  (#38)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

05-04-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
When you're biased, you don't have an opinion!!
HMM< Having experience in something allows a person to develop an opinion. Preference based on experience allows one an opinion for sure. That is not being biased.

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#39)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

05-04-2019, 10:19 PM

Loop
Quote:
I have restored over 50 Gold Crowns, 20 Anniversary's and 5 Centennials. You can see all of the work right here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/toledopo...os/?tab=albums
Sir, you dont know anything about current Gold Crowns. I have both GC 5 and 6's in my inventory right now and they are awesome tables.. You own a Connelly and are tryin to tell me something about quality?? You sir are full of crap. "Someone like me" works on only the best in pool tables and know my business. CONNELLY TABLES ARE JUNK. You are cheap and so are your opinions. Don't come on here acting like you know something other than a low price....

Trent from Toledo
Right here....in your own words, your biased OPINION showed it's position as you're to caught up in your own "opinion" to realize he complemented GOLD CROWNS, but WASN'T comparing CONNELLY pool tables to the GOLD CROWNS, he was comparing them to the Brunswick home pool tables. But AGAIN, you only see what you want to see!

If you can't admit your wrong, I have nothing further to say.

PS, you DO realize Brunswick builds and sells a line of home pool tables, RIGHT?....or do you think Brunswick only Builds Gold Crowns???

Last edited by realkingcobra; 05-04-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Old
  (#40)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

05-04-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
You have no idea what you're talking about. Gold Crown are great tables but if you look at the construction of the lower priced, recently manufactured Brunswicks (have you done that? I didn't think so) they're absolute junk. Wouldn't have one in my home. Please educate yourself before you speak. Oops, too much to ask of someone like you.
Trent, I AGREE with this person, and I have over 38 YEARS experience in this industry, my OPINION Carries a lot more weight than your what....4 years?

Old
  (#41)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

05-04-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
HMM< Having experience in something allows a person to develop an opinion. Preference based on experience allows one an opinion for sure. That is not being biased.

Trent from Toledo
You owe some ppl some apologies....in MY PROFESSIONAL opinion!!

Old
  (#42)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

05-05-2019, 05:17 AM

Quote:
You owe some ppl some apologies....in MY PROFESSIONAL opinion!!
we all have opinions. We are going to have to agree to disagree. Did you actually READ the webpage he posted? I dont think you did. Its actually 7 years to the day. May 5th 2012 is the day I started my business. Worked on every brand I could get my hands on in the beginning for a bit over a year and then found the commercial market So happy I did.

Trent from Toledo

I am not apologizing to anyone.

I will at the least say I got a bit off topic. Contender series are cheap, if a person had extra to spend, they could have "Authentic" Brunswick line and get a decent home table for the money vs a connelly.

p.s.s. you do realize there are 3 hours time difference!! LOL

Last edited by trentfromtoledo; 05-05-2019 at 05:47 AM.

Old
  (#43)
jtompilot
AzB Silver Member
jtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond repute

05-05-2019, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the needlessly negative and ignorant comment. No concept of value or price point. Apples and oranges (or do you understand what that means?) Gold Crown is a great table for $thousands more. It's amazing to me that uninformed people are those who most strongly hold their opinions and most freely offer them to those who don't care.
I used to live in Phoenix when Connelly was big time. I’ve played on their tables. When my brother in law was looking at buying a table I told him not to buy Connelly. He didn’t listen. What a piece of shit table. When I told him how badly the table played Connelly came back and mostly fixed the problems so good on them for that. There’s a reason they went out of business. Although my comment was deservedly negative it’s not ignorant. I never mentioned GC. So thanks for your hypocritical response.

Old
  (#44)
FJames
Registered
FJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:

Trent from Toledo
Hi Trent,

I've read the exchanges that went on and don't know why a number of people get all bent out of shape.
You've worked on a number of table brands, and I think you're opinion is owed respect, . . period.
Just wondering, and just focusing on tables for home use ( i.e. not commercial tables ) . . is the Olhausen rattle as big a deal as it's sometimes made out to be, . and if so, has there been any remedial attention to the issue in the Olhausen tables built and sold in the last several years ( since most of the negative comments seem to regarding Olhausens from a number of years ago ? The reason is, that I'm looking for a new 8 ft table and I'd really like to stick to a Made in USA brand, even though I'm from Canada, and Olhausen seems to have a lot going for it, albeit a bit pricey. Thanks Trent.

Old
  (#45)
jviss
AzB Silver Member
jviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2020, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Kraze View Post
Oh - and yes, many Gold Crowns were produced in standard 8' as well as the oversized 8's in addition the the nines to answer your other question in this thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Only the IV and V were available in 8' Pro:

GCI, II, III: 8 home, 9 pro, 10’
GC IV: 8 pro, 9 pro
GC V: 8 pro, 9 pro
GC VI: 8’, 9’

Page 3 of 5 123 45