Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page John Schmidt's 626
Page 27 of 51 « First 17252627 282937 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#391)
Fast Lenny
♠ ♥ ONTHERAILTV.COM ♣ ♦
Fast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

10-15-2020, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
My offer got stale a long time ago. It was probably still good for maybe a month or so, but after that when I didn't hear anything from John I pretty much forgot about it. He showed no interest in selling the rights to the video. If I had gotten my hands on it, something would have happened quickly to release it to the public. By now the value of the video has lost most of it's shelf life. And after all the confusion surrounding his "run" I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole. John can sell it to the high bidder or take it to his grave for all I care.

My offer to lay you 2500 to 2000 on the coming presidential election is still good though. I'll take Biden and you can have Humpty Trumpty.
Your buddy Dennis posted $1750 to my $1000. You can bet the same. Giving you a discount as Biden is -190 favorite here. Offer good until line moves. We both would love to win this bet so lets do it. It funny money for you as you said so the little odds shouldn't matter much.

As for your offer to John for $10000 for the video rights I feel that is fair. I think you could sell 500 digital copies online for $20 a pop, maybe more. If John wanted to pull a fast one he could have done it long ago. His record is the result of handwork and a great accomplishment. $10000 is pittance for what he did but the market for it is what it is. Straight pool sadly is less popular then most pool games. Johns accomplishment is one of the greatest in pool ever though and we all know that.

GO TO WWW.ONTHERAILTV.COM FOR SOME GREAT POOL CONTENT!

Old
  (#392)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-15-2020, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightline View Post
So did this thing act like a cylinder right there?
Yes, a cylinder about the diameter of the bottom measle - the ball looks like it’s rolling on the edge of that measle like a tilted barrel.

Quote:
What are the odds an errant fan blew it into the pocket?
None.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#393)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
10-15-2020, 04:50 AM

I didn't mean to imply that the red was wearing faster or slower than the white on the balls I referenced.

I would think the red would need to be what is potentially sticking out though, in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWing View Post
Interesting point. But aren't most of those in the camp of varying wear saying that the red dots wear quicker than the rest of the cue ball? That's mostly what I've heard.

And I have to wonder, and doubt that John would have used a worn cue ball to the point that it would behave erratically.

As for the performance and wear of Aramith cue balls, over 47 years of playing with various cue balls, first made by Albany Ball Company, and then Aramith, I have never seen a dot, circle, spot, insignia, or anything wear out quicker, or stick out with less wear, that would make a significant difference in the path or the cue ball, spin or not. And I've seen some very worn cue balls. That would include very worn Blue Circles, Blue Dots, Red Circles, Measles, the Aramith Pro Cup, and of course, plain cue balls with no markings.

All the best,
WW

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#394)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
10-15-2020, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Carom Club View Post
i thought it was the shaved slate
Shit! We are on our way to steak and cheese!

All we need now is the bread and cheese

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#395)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-15-2020, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Lenny View Post
Your buddy Dennis posted $1750 to my $1000. You can bet the same. Giving you a discount as Biden is -190 favorite here. Offer good until line moves. We both would love to win this bet so lets do it. It funny money for you as you said so the little odds shouldn't matter much.

As for your offer to John for $10000 for the video rights I feel that is fair. I think you could sell 500 digital copies online for $20 a pop, maybe more. If John wanted to pull a fast one he could have done it long ago. His record is the result of handwork and a great accomplishment. $10000 is pittance for what he did but the market for it is what it is. Straight pool sadly is less popular then most pool games. Johns accomplishment is one of the greatest in pool ever though and we all know that.

Business 101: How to Spot a Bad Deal:

The prospectus says you might break even and you should consider your investment a "pittance."

Lou Figueroa

All/Nothing
Old
  (#396)
xradarx
I'm fixin'ta...
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

All/Nothing - 10-15-2020, 07:50 AM

Lest we forget. JS made a statement that if the public was unwilling to pay to see his video, that the public would never see it(the unedited video). So far, he's held true to his word. The public has held true to their beliefs. Some for JS626, some not for JS626.

Threats usually don't end well, when you're dealing with the public. The customer is always right! Out of mind, out of sight, everything equal.

As Jackie G, would say, And Away, We Go!

In droves!

Old
  (#397)
The_JV
Local_Pro
The_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond repute

10-15-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradarx View Post
Lest we forget. JS made a statement that if the public was unwilling to pay to see his video, that the public would never see it(the unedited video). So far, he's held true to his word.
Man I hope this "record" wasn't the catalyst for him getting into the hall of fame.

A simple game, played by difficult people...

moonlit
Old
  (#398)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

moonlit - 10-15-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_dave View Post
Masse action is definitely not a possible contributing factor for the large curve occurring late in that shot. The ball is rolling slowly with sidespin only. Any masse spin (if there was any remaining) would have worn off much earlier, soon after the hit.

Regards,
Dave
Yer science is worthless. What is it bidon said? "listen to yer conscience" - ha ha subliminal messaging - what a joke.

One of the best Straight Pool players - on any soil - or gravity for the matter. Willie Mosconi's 526 stands.

bitter soul
Old
  (#399)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

bitter soul - 10-15-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
Did you see this video that is chopped? How do we know mosconi’s was legit..there is just people who signed saying it would happen but pool players will sign their name to anything given the right amount of money
I have heard many people who would have loved to run a hundred - but never could - use the term 'pool players' in a negative way. Most all yer posts are of bca puppet nature, u would do well to NOT speak negative generalizations regaurding' Pocket Billiard players, not all of us are dishonest. I would always read very carefully before signing my name on any contract - no matter the monetary sum - they (bca/predator cues/hill' of fame) are offering. I hope u eventually lose yer bitterness towards 'pool players' yes many of them do gamble and - play much better than u - deal with it - without being afraid. So u are definitely not going to like it when bca has to retract their statement bout Mosconi's 526 being surpassed by j.s. It may take yrs but they will eventually be hard pressed to not answer some basic questions about the legitimacy of their hidden tape - from the gen. public's eye. Personally i think u and bca are going to get trobled'. Do you find it odd - that u never publicly questioned Mosconi's (15 signed signatures affidavit) until someone claimed to have surpassed it - WITHOUT SHOWING UNEDITED FOOTAGE? U SHOULD. Too bad 4 u, ur kind of a bitter soul - yer wetting yerself'- in the present tense right now.

One of the best Straight Pool players - on any soil - or gravity for the matter. Willie Mosconi's 526 stands.

Last edited by Danny Harriman; 10-15-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Old
  (#400)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

10-15-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Lenny View Post

I don't need you for a financial advisor but thanks anyway. If you think it's such a good deal then why don't you ask John if he would take $10,000 now for full rights to the video? I'm no longer interested, although I might buy a copy from you for $20.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

yer getting warmer
Old
  (#401)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1

yer getting warmer - 10-15-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_JV View Post
Man I hope this "record" wasn't the catalyst for him getting into the hall of fame.
yer getting warmer - local dufferin.

Old
  (#402)
The_JV
Local_Pro
The_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond repute

10-15-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman View Post
yer getting warmer - local dufferin.
I don't know if I'm taking that the way you meant it, but it made me laugh none the less...

A simple game, played by difficult people...

no mind
Old
  (#403)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1

no mind - 10-15-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_JV View Post
I don't know if I'm taking that the way you meant it, but it made me laugh none the less...
No mind me JV, I'm just another difficult person that loves 14.1. I meant it the way you took it.

oh
Old
  (#404)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1

oh - 10-15-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
The longer he withholds the actual video evidence of his record run, the more it begins to look like a non record. If it is finally revealed in an edited version there will always be questions about what we didn't see. As for me I'd like to watch the whole thing and make my own judgement on it's validity.
Yer story has changed u used to joke about - when will the 626 cue arrive - ha ha - I guess one of yer political affiliates told u to put on yer hawk mask - yer a west coast joke toupee jay. Truly kinda worthless in my view, I guess no crime to change yer mind though (now that it's politicly correct 4 u) now u real eyes - u too were apart of the bca's and j.s.'s media experiment - as Dillon would say "how does it feel?" no like being apart of their fake news advertisement eh? Yer not welcome to the club.

Last edited by Danny Harriman; 10-15-2020 at 11:29 AM.

a memo
Old
  (#405)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1

a memo - 10-15-2020, 11:34 AM

Just a quick memo to those who are going to try to reaffirm that this 626 is legit - I am an extremely difficult person - for those who choose to promote fake news and or make jokes regarding Willie Mosconi's 70 + yr World Record in 14.1 - extremely difficult. The fact that bca and j.s. are attempting to steal intellectual property - just so he can be in hall of fame 'good ol boy club' is not a joke. Anyone who practices 14.1 avidly or cares about American Sports History Record keeping should be concerned, drive by media is not a joke. The bca and j.s. - Do Not have the Rite Of Passage - in the legitimate history books for Pocket Billiards.

Last edited by Danny Harriman; 10-15-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Page 27 of 51 « First 17252627 282937 Last »