Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Billiard and Pool History in the U.S.
Reload this Page Brunswick 360 History
Page 2 of 4 12 34

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Jon Manning
AzB Silver Member
Jon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-25-2017, 10:45 PM

Everyone, thank you for the replies! It's my hope that this initial conversation leads to concrete facts!
I'm still in the middle of my research, don't have much to add just yet, as this cue is shrouded in mystic and mystery. But, I have a good feeling that this tread will answer some of the long held questions!

If anyone has some good pictures of 360's or 360 inspired cues, post up, so we all can have something to drool over till some facts are uncovered.

Old
  (#17)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Manning View Post
Everyone, thank you for the replies! It's my hope that this initial conversation leads to concrete facts!
I'm still in the middle of my research, don't have much to add just yet, as this cue is shrouded in mystic and mystery. But, I have a good feeling that this tread will answer some of the long held questions!

If anyone has some good pictures of 360's or 360 inspired cues, post up, so we all can have something to drool over till some facts are uncovered.
https://www.panjo.com/buy/brunswick-...ca-1900-309950

Old
  (#18)
Jon Manning
AzB Silver Member
Jon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2017, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
Uhh... well... yeahhh... That's what I'm talking about!
First time I've seen that! I don't really have any words to say about that cue! Thank you very much for posting!

Old
  (#19)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member
Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

06-26-2017, 03:39 AM

That cue was in an article in Billiards Digest. The case was the really unique thing, and they had no idea who had built either the cue or case...but surmised that it was a master builder.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Quote:
Uhh... well... yeahhh... That's what I'm talking about!
First time I've seen that! I don't really have any words to say about that cue! Thank you very much for posting!

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#20)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

06-26-2017, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
That cue was bought at auction for about $17,000.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#21)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

06-26-2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
That cue was in an article in Billiards Digest. The case was the really unique thing, and they had no idea who had built either the cue or case...but surmised that it was a master builder.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com
I would love to see that article.

I saw the original estate auction. Watched it intensely.

There was fairly substantial provenance provided.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#22)
Mr. Bond
Orbis Non Sufficit
Mr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond repute

06-26-2017, 09:53 AM

The 36 was and is a beautiful cue but to be honest, I'm a little more intrigued by the hub cue. Does anyone have one intact?

Old
  (#23)
Jon Manning
AzB Silver Member

06-28-2017, 03:56 PM

Man, I knew when I decided to go down this rabbit hole it would be a challenge (one of the reasons I wanted to do it) but there is very little info available. I still have a couple of sources that I'm waiting on emails back from. When I find anything new I'll post up. I want to thank everyone that has contributed! Still got tons of unanswered questions, but I'll get there, just wanted to keep everyone updated.

Old
  (#24)
Jon Manning
AzB Silver Member

06-28-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bond View Post
The 36 was and is a beautiful cue but to be honest, I'm a little more intrigued by the hub cue. Does anyone have one intact?
I know of one that is intact, he recently contacted me about my 360 quest. I know he has seen this tread, but dont know if he wants to post it. I'll ask him too, if not, maybe he can send me the pics and I'll start another thread with it.

Old
  (#25)
Jon Manning
AzB Silver Member

07-09-2017, 06:56 PM

When I started down this research road, had no idea it would be this difficult. Good things come to those that wait... I hope!
Got a few emails out to various people/company's, just waiting on response. If anyone has any info, or a good reference for me to talk with, I would very much appreciate it.

Lets see some more pics!

Old
  (#26)
Jon Manning
AzB Silver Member

07-25-2017, 04:29 PM

I've sent out quite a few emails about the 360's and it seems nobody has any more info than has already been posted in this thread. If anyone can point me in a direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Feel free to PM, if you don't want anything public, I will keep it for my own knowledge. I just want as much info on this awesome cue as possible.

And... check out this monster from the master! http://www.blackcues.com/more_functional_art/2017.shtml

Old
  (#27)
TILT9
Banned
TILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond repute

07-25-2017, 06:45 PM

just clicked the Richard Black link , I'm now paying attention.
actually , I also viewed the 360 and it's case , first time I've seen it , did anyone notice the quality of the red velvet lining.
is it also true the maker of the cue cannot be or has not been identified?
hard to believe.
thanks for all the post's and links , this has been a treat.

Last edited by TILT9; 07-25-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Richard Black's 2017
Old
  (#28)
TILT9
Banned
TILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond repute

Arrow Richard Black's 2017 - 07-26-2017, 02:36 PM

followed up on the photo after opening that link that was posted.
I bet the shoots a ton.
how much time do you think he spent all together? dreaming it up, sketching, blueprinting and then finally building?
Attached Images

Old
  (#29)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

07-26-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I've sent out quite a few emails about the 360's and it seems nobody has any more info than has already been posted in this thread. If anyone can point me in a direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Feel free to PM, if you don't want anything public, I will keep it for my own knowledge. I just want as much info on this awesome cue as possible.

And... check out this monster from the master! http://www.blackcues.com/more_functional_art/2017.shtml
I appreciate your dogged determination.

Numerous people have dug in this hole before and it might be assumed we know all that we ever will. But it never hurts to look again. You never know when something important that was long forgotten will be re-discovered.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#30)
Mr. Bond
Orbis Non Sufficit
Mr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond repute

07-29-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:

I've found records of the 36 / (360) being sold as early as 1898 for $10.00

At that time, for 50 cents more, you had the option of having the grip area cut in one of four ornamental styles....
Style E
Style G
Style H
Style J
Name:  360 grip options.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  24.1 KB

Page 2 of 4 12 34