Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Case Reviews
Reload this Page Stout case reviews
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
07-13-2017, 07:41 AM

Maybe you didn't expect for the designer off the originals to comment on your review of the knockoffs and that alone offends your sensibilities. Or maybe you didn't know you purchased a knockoff. In any event when you choose to post a review of a knockoff in a public forum I think it is my duty to my brand and the people I employ to let the readers know that there is an original choice which is also a better value. Nothing against you personally even though you seem to have taken it that way.

I personally do not care if you ever purchase a JB Case. Knockoffs happen and I have been supplying the knockoff artists with great originals for 26 years. Far more knockoffs of my designs have been sold than I have ever made.

That doesn't mean that I don't get to continue to point them out when I see them.

Everything you like about the knockoffs is because of what I designed. And I will continue to innovate and JB Case customers will continue to benefit from that innovation while those who buy knockoffs will be lagging a couple years behind.

And the funny thing about it is the construction flaws that the JB Cases had three years ago are built into the knockoffs because copiers can only copy and have to cut corners to be able to sell at a lower price. Meanwhile the JB Cases customers who had defective cases from three years ago have gotten new replacements built to the improved construction standard.

So when the knockoffs start to fall apart and customers are stuck with $180 useless cases JB Case customers will have long forgotten the extra $20 or so they paid for an original with a lifetime warranty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#17)
bob_bushka
AzB Silver Member
bob_bushka has a reputation beyond reputebob_bushka has a reputation beyond reputebob_bushka has a reputation beyond reputebob_bushka has a reputation beyond reputebob_bushka has a reputation beyond reputebob_bushka has a reputation beyond reputebob_bushka has a reputation beyond reputebob_bushka has a reputation beyond reputebob_bushka has a reputation beyond reputebob_bushka has a reputation beyond reputebob_bushka has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-13-2017, 02:46 PM

John did send me a nice 2x4 case a few years ago when my buddy Chad "Big Nasty" Pollman passed away. Raised $700 for his 13 year old daughters college fund. John actually emailed me and offered to do this. Nuff said except thank you again!

Old
  (#18)
DaveM
AzB Gold Member
DaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond repute

07-13-2017, 03:42 PM

I wouldn't buy one. I do have a couple of JB cases.

Old
  (#19)
ddg45
AzB Silver Member
ddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2017, 05:41 PM

I just bought a Stout case. Because of this website I was going to get a JB, but after I called them twice without getting an answer or being able to leave a message, and after sending them an email that never got a response I decided to save $60 and get some customer service. Maybe JB cases are better, but the Stout I got is high quality, well made and I received it in 48 hours. Perhaps it's not as good as JB; I don't know but it's very, very good and I would recommend them to anyone who'd like a great case.

Old
  (#20)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackattach View Post
Well I didn't know. I do now.
All I did was post a review of my case and this JB fellow jumped down my throat. .

Nobody jumped down your throat.

And "this JB fellow" is probably the most prominent case designer and maker there is.

Personally, If I bought a cheap knock off I would appreciate somebody letting me know. And he was nice about it.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#21)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddg45 View Post
after I called them twice without getting an answer or being able to leave a message, and after sending them an email that never got a response
I will agree.....my emails and messages through my account never got returned. I wanted some case accessories. Nobody is busy when they are taking orders and collecting money...however the product is there. The JB case I ordered was shipped as promised and they followed my shipping instructions. I would not trade it...it's superior to cases costing hundreds more.

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Last edited by GoldCrown; 07-28-2017 at 06:45 PM.

Old
  (#22)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
07-28-2017, 08:09 PM

It's a nice copy. They can afford better customer service with the money they make selling cheaper to build knockoffs with no lifetime warranty.

I WILL make zero excuses. We are a small staff and we focus on super high quality.

There are by my count at least five companies doing knockoffs. All of them do millions in revenue. They can afford more customer service reps to take your orders.

I prefer to continue to invest the bulk of our profits back into quality and innovation and or design website.

So for anyone reading this who can't get ahold of us you now have dozens of knockoffs from several brands to get your something that looks like a JB Case.

The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

Last edited by JB Cases; 07-28-2017 at 08:12 PM.

Old
  (#23)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

07-28-2017, 08:12 PM

My personal phone number is listed on the contact us page on our website. Matthew Alston's personal number is listed. I am on Facebook as is he. So maybe someone didn't get an answer through email or by calling the main number but for sure there are several ways to reach us.

Old
  (#24)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

07-28-2017, 08:15 PM

We are currently out in Vegas doing the BCA Nationals. Next week we will be doing the APA. We have somehow managed to also ship 30 custom cases and sell off the wall to customers who called in looking for the limited and unique cases we have.

Old
  (#25)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2017, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
My personal phone number is listed on the contact us page on our website. Matthew Alston's personal number is listed. I am on Facebook as is he. So maybe someone didn't get an answer through email or by calling the main number but for sure there are several ways to reach us.

I started a conversation by Chat on the JB website. I asked questions by chatting.....and got everything worked out as I called Matt. The lines were opened and he was expecting my call. No sales pressure. I'm happy with the transaction.
I have emailed a few times since then about possibly changing the interior and buying few options for the case. Got no response from trying to contact someone/anyone by online communication. Best bet for new buyers is to call or just order something ready to ship. Emailing is worthless. Don't bother. Save time and aggravation.

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Last edited by GoldCrown; 07-29-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Old
  (#26)
Sweatin'
AzB Silver Member
Sweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond repute

08-02-2017, 03:05 PM

Last edited by Sweatin'; 08-02-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Old
  (#27)
ddg45
AzB Silver Member
ddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond repute

08-30-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackattach View Post
Well I didn't know. I do now.
All I did was post a review of my case and this JB fellow jumped down my throat. Then he went on to state he " doesn't need any more positive reviews" when I asked about buying one so when I went to order 2 more cases I would've ordered his but his tone and disrespect for me pushed me to order two more stout cases instead. I'm very happy with them.
Hey Rackattach. I'm on your side. The JB guy's a little aggressive here. I tried to contact JB cases with a question and neither my call nor my email were ever answered. I got a Stout 3x4 case and it's great. Are JB cases better? Perhaps, but taking a good idea and making it readily available, less expensive, and providing better customer service is called free enterprise.

Playing cues: Multiple Pechauer Pro series and a Schmelke. I like no-wrap cues. Tried Lucasi, McDermott, OB, Joss, Meucci. All I own are better than I am but I fight the urge to buy more.

Old
  (#28)
Type79
AzB Gold Member
Type79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-30-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Hey Rackattach. I'm on your side. The JB guy's a little aggressive here. I tried to contact JB cases with a question and neither my call nor my email were ever answered. I got a Stout 3x4 case and it's great. Are JB cases better? Perhaps, but taking a good idea and making it readily available, less expensive, and providing better customer service is called free enterprise.
"...taking a good idea and making it readily available, less expensive, and providing better customer service is called free enterprise."

In this case, a more accurate description is design theft.

Jay Fishbein
On Facebook:
Palmer Cues - Original By Palmer
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1412351735677519/

Old
  (#29)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

09-19-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrown View Post
I started a conversation by Chat on the JB website. I asked questions by chatting.....and got everything worked out as I called Matt. The lines were opened and he was expecting my call. No sales pressure. I'm happy with the transaction.
I have emailed a few times since then about possibly changing the interior and buying few options for the case. Got no response from trying to contact someone/anyone by online communication. Best bet for new buyers is to call or just order something ready to ship. Emailing is worthless. Don't bother. Save time and aggravation.
Sorry, we were busy at the BCA and APA shows during that time. I should have made that clear on the front page of the website.

Old
  (#30)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

09-19-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Yes, it's free enterprise, and design theft. And with no warranty it's tantamount to fraud if it's not as good or better and possibly harmful to your cues.

Sorry if I didn't answer your call. I don't have lots of customer service reps. What I do have is lots and lots and lots more customers. That's why those who want the best with a lifetime warranty call unitl they get what they want from us.

I don't really care if you want to buy knockoffs because someone answered the phone. Knockoffs are part of life and it's every person's right to buy the cheapest possible crap that they can find. But in no way do I accept that we give suppar customer service. We deliver the very best cue case made for the price, a better value than any other and it's EASY to prove that. And that IS the highest form of SERVICE that I can give to a customer. Very few of you have the slightest clue how much actual effort goes into every detail of our cases. For some of you it's about superficial cosmetics and someone kissing your asses.

I don't kiss anyone's ass. I build GREAT cases. And I improve those cases each and every day in some way. A copy is a snapshot of wherever my cases were when the copy shop received one to duplicate. To this day I have NEVER seen one that is better than even the one they copied. So by the time you get your knockoff ours are dozens of improvements ahead.

So call me arrogant, call me an asshole, call me whatever you want. If you have not figured it out yet I don't care what you think of me personally because my FOCUS is on building great cases for my customers, the ones who actually placed orders with us. Not potential future customers. People who give up aren't my customers. People who don't get the full benefit of every asshole OCD thing about me when it comes to how I build my cases.

And again, THAT is a level of SERVICE only my customers enjoy.

Page 2 of 3 12 3