Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page How to take care of exotic leather wraps?
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-29-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSkylineX View Post
Are you sure? The link provided in the original post goes to the specific product, works for me everytime I click on it. It's even stated in the URL that it's directing you to the gold class leather conditioner.
I am very sure. That's what I see on my iPhone. Will check on the puter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElLeon View Post
As you already use an automotive grade conditioner (IMHO, their gold class line is just fancy store-bought stuff and not good enough for the cost), I can suggest another automotive option as I am a boutique auto detailer.

For the cost, this will provide you with more product for a minimal increase in cost, and yield vastly better results than your Meguires.
http://www.autogeek.net/wg2600.html

I have used this product on NOBLE, Ferrari, Audi (R8 is semi-exotic) and Lotus leathers, and also on the elephant ear wrap on my cue. You will get a consistent, quality finish without any greasy, slick or tacky finish. Just apply thinly (microfiber cloth is key here) let the product dwell for a few minutes then buff off.
Meguires works very well. Not sure what is in that bottle but I used Leather Honey on a cue case and ruined it with too heavy of an application. Best bet is to spot test but that is hard to do on a cue without a sample piece.

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#17)
jazznpool
Superior Cues--Unchalked!
jazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6900

09-29-2016, 07:22 PM

All lizard wraps have a clear coating applied when they were finished at the factory, usually glossy. Assuming you have not worn through the coating all that is needed is to wipe your wrap down with a washcloth damp with a very weak water and dish soap solution followed by a washcloth damp with lukewarm water followed by a dry washcloth. Lizard is a skin with scales. It is not leather. Nothing you put on the wrap will penetrate the scales and the skin the scales are attached to don't need anything except a periodic cleaning as outlined above. Any kind of wax or anything else is not necessary and might do more harm than good. Some cuemakers and wrap installers have the knowledge of how to completely clean and refinish a lizard wrap to look like new. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 12