Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Other Item reviews
Reload this Page Kamui chalk make a difference for the average player?
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
TEAM SLO
AzB Silver Member
TEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-23-2018, 09:04 AM

For us to play at home, the newer Roku is much more table friendly. Makes much less mess, we used to clean our table and balls almost everytime we would practice. Some chalks leave so much on the table and cue ball it was crazy if your getting in significant practice.

Now with the Roku, it's much cleaner, ball cleaner gets used once a week or so depending on how much practice my son gets in. Take a cue, chalk it with regular chalk, and tap the shaft and watch how much comes off in a dust cloud.

Not saying its the be all end all but my son wont use anything else now. And for me... im tired of racking for him, setting up shots every few seconds.... and on top of it all, the cleaning and maintenance of the table and balls. Roku does its job for us....

My name is Jay and I approve this message

chalk
Old
  (#17)
treed
AzB Silver Member
treed has a reputation beyond reputetreed has a reputation beyond reputetreed has a reputation beyond reputetreed has a reputation beyond reputetreed has a reputation beyond reputetreed has a reputation beyond reputetreed has a reputation beyond reputetreed has a reputation beyond reputetreed has a reputation beyond reputetreed has a reputation beyond reputetreed has a reputation beyond repute

chalk - 01-02-2020, 07:10 PM

i've played competively for over 30 years,and started doing repairs and making cues 20 years ago.the game has gotten faster,with the newer technologies.the kamui chalk is better,most people oppose the price,but over three years my miscues of the cue ball,is definately less.i used to could remember when I last miscued,but I can't recall them now days.the kamui chalk is not going to get you better English,but it wiil help the mis cues,providing you're not drastically putting English on the ball.i've used all the other chalks out there over different periods of time,I went back to the kamui within a month due to miscueing.

Old
  (#18)
PoolFan101
AzB Silver Member
PoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond repute

03-28-2020, 09:16 AM

I really like Predator chalk and used it for a while, Then my Cue Repair guy turned me onto Triangle Chalk which I believe is the same stuff. It goes on the same and looks the same and plays the same. I get a box of Triangle for around 6-7 bucks . I really like it and it is the bomb.

Old
  (#19)
RickLafayette
AzB Silver Member
RickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond repute

03-28-2020, 09:48 AM

If you own your own table,
and the cloth is green,
and you chalk up every shot,
and price is not an issue,
but less blue chalk on a green cloth is,
then try Navigator chalk.

I've tried every chalk available and found Navigator to be the cleanest. My cloth and balls very rarely need cleaning. I chalk up every shot so any chalk would work fine for me if not for the mess. I believe Navigator is running about $21.

Player: Predator Panthera 3-1 Artist Proof
Revo 12.4 shaft
Break Cue: Predator BK Rush
other stuff

Old
  (#20)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

03-28-2020, 10:13 AM

Dr. Dave is not in the Chalk business, but he has done numerous chalk testing, what works, what is hype & BS.

His opinion are not biased, and motovated by selling you the next greatest Chalk.

Watch his U-Tubes, and see what he says.

I use Master Green, find it works like magic when I am playing well, on my bad days because I am inconsistant, it's me not my equiptment.

The only thing that helps is packing up, and trying again on another day.

JMHO

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#21)
whammo57
Kim Walker
whammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond repute

03-30-2020, 06:10 AM

Absolutely make a difference.............. they will be $30 poorer and not shoot any better

Kim

Walker Custom Cues

Southern Cue Systems

http://www.facebook.com/groups/366326706736784/

Old
  (#22)
Dave38
theemperorhasnoclotheson
Dave38 has a reputation beyond reputeDave38 has a reputation beyond reputeDave38 has a reputation beyond reputeDave38 has a reputation beyond reputeDave38 has a reputation beyond reputeDave38 has a reputation beyond reputeDave38 has a reputation beyond reputeDave38 has a reputation beyond reputeDave38 has a reputation beyond reputeDave38 has a reputation beyond reputeDave38 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-06-2020, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnumsk View Post
I'm new to playing pool after many years. I don't don't play in a league, or even with other people. Pool is a stress reliever for me.

I've been watching videos & products & came across this 20 minute video on chalk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imkX...pvZaSk&index=6

Kamui is (according to this) very different than other chalk. My question is, "Is it going to make That much difference in MY game to make it worth the $28.00?"
The only sure -fire way to improve your game is...practice....and 2nd is get some high level assistance to help work out some kinks, but mainly PRACTICE..there is no magical chalk/shaft/tip/cue/glove, etc that will 'elevate' you game compared to practice.
Dave

Page 2 of 2 12