Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Accessory reviews
Reload this Page Last 4 Ever Tip Tool
Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
joelpope
AzB Gold Member
joelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-26-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conetip View Post
I would not be without them.
Joel makes a high quality product at a very reasonable price. Mine is over 2 years old and still going strong.
Joel is a easy going person to deal with as well.
I have tried to sell his stuff out here, but no takers so far. Their loss for sure.
Thanks for the support

Playing cues: Searing, Nitti, Southwest, & Dayton
Break cues: Searing & Predator
Jump cues: my own design and build
Cases: Justis & JB

Last 4 Ever Tip Tool web site
http://last4ever.com

Old
  (#17)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

08-26-2015, 09:35 AM

I purchased both the nickel and dime shapes.

I can't actually say it's the best ever made since I don;t know every brand or type that's out there.

Nonetheless, I can state with certainty it is the best version shaper I have ever tried or owned.

Matt B

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (05-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon (03-85) Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Best Tip Shaper and scuffer Ever!
Old
  (#18)
MalibuMike
Banned
MalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via MSN to MalibuMike  
Best Tip Shaper and scuffer Ever! - 08-27-2015, 04:09 PM

I have tried over a dozen different tip tools, from the Kamui one to the Tiger La Mignifcant, and the best one I have found to far is the Mezz Tip tool!
It just never wears down, its made from heat treated stainless steel incanel.
Its all you will ever need, and mabe a burnisher for the sides.

Old
  (#19)
joelpope
AzB Gold Member
joelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond reputejoelpope has a reputation beyond repute

08-28-2015, 06:44 AM

[QUOTE=MalibuMike;5277190]I have tried over a dozen different tip tools, from the Kamui one to the Tiger La Mignifcant, and the best one I have found to far is the Mezz Tip tool!
It just never wears down, its made from heat treated stainless steel incanel.
Its all you will ever need, and mabe a burnisher for the sides.

I wouldn't have gone there but since you did.... "the grind it in the hole" design offers ¼ of 1 square inch of abrasive surface to shape your tip, the Last4Ever has 1.5 square inches of abrasive surface to shape your tip. That is 600% more area, and, if you tried them both I am sure you would see the difference. Especially as it relates to the leather material getting clogged up in the abrasive material

I'm sure Mezz put's out a quality product and I'm glad you like it. You might want to try both tools before you declare one better than the other.

A little help please
Old
  (#20)
joelpope
AzB Gold Member

A little help please - 09-12-2015, 08:45 AM

OK, you all got me off my ass. In addition to the last4ever.com website, eBay & Amazon.com I now have a Facebook page for Last 4 Ever Tip Tools

Please go to https://www.facebook.com/last4evertiptools and if you "Like" the tool, please "Like" the page

Thanks all for your continued support

Joel

ps you can even see a video of me doing a demo on the tool

Old
  (#21)
Halfjack87
In Training
Halfjack87 has a reputation beyond reputeHalfjack87 has a reputation beyond reputeHalfjack87 has a reputation beyond reputeHalfjack87 has a reputation beyond reputeHalfjack87 has a reputation beyond reputeHalfjack87 has a reputation beyond reputeHalfjack87 has a reputation beyond reputeHalfjack87 has a reputation beyond reputeHalfjack87 has a reputation beyond reputeHalfjack87 has a reputation beyond reputeHalfjack87 has a reputation beyond repute

01-15-2016, 04:46 AM

Never used or owned a tip tool before.

After discovering that my cues should be nickel profiles instead of silver dollar profiles, I bought the Last 4 Ever combo tool. Had no problem shaping the tips, burnishing, and roughing the tip as shown in the video.

My old cue tips now all have good nickel profiles and hold chalk very well - of course that would probably be the case with any tool and maintenance vs. no tool, but I tried this tool first and it worked great for me.
When my new cue needs a touch-up I'll break in the dime side...

"In my experience, there's no such thing as luck." - Ben

Last edited by Halfjack87; 01-15-2016 at 05:40 AM.

Old
  (#22)
joelpope
AzB Gold Member

01-20-2016, 04:59 AM

Thanks, I appreciate it. And thanks to all the AZB'rs who have support me over the past few years.

I just got in my first batch of factory made tip tools. After 5 years of grinding them out in my shop I gave up. Sadly for me, they do a much nicer job than I did.

Also updated my website last4ever.com

coming to a retailer near you soon (hopefully)

Thanks all,

Joel

Old
  (#23)
ZeroSkylineX
AzB Silver Member
ZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond repute

01-28-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpope View Post
Thanks, I appreciate it. And thanks to all the AZB'rs who have support me over the past few years.

I just got in my first batch of factory made tip tools. After 5 years of grinding them out in my shop I gave up. Sadly for me, they do a much nicer job than I did.

Thanks all,

Joel
Noticed you released a matte black finish version too for the dime.

Cues
Playing Cues
OB-136
11.75mm OB Pro+ Shaft / Ultraskin Hard tip / 19oz

Viking
11.75mm OB Pro+ Custom Shaft / Ultraskin Hard tip / 19oz

Old
  (#24)
joelpope
AzB Gold Member

02-01-2016, 04:55 AM

Yes, the matt black version is the Pro model, available in Dime radius & lighter abrasive than the original tool.

Joel

Old
  (#25)
ZeroSkylineX
AzB Silver Member
ZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpope View Post

Thanks all,

Joel
Here's how the factory made combo tip tool looks Iike for those who are curious:

Also noticed Joel increased the price on his products by $5 but offer free shipping to US and Canada.

Cues
Playing Cues
OB-136
11.75mm OB Pro+ Shaft / Ultraskin Hard tip / 19oz

Viking
11.75mm OB Pro+ Custom Shaft / Ultraskin Hard tip / 19oz

Old
  (#26)
Jdm34
jared marion
Jdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond repute

02-23-2016, 06:56 AM

received mine the other week awesome tool best ive ever used.

jared marion

Old
  (#27)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

05-03-2016, 12:17 PM

ordered mine over the weekend, will have it in 2 days from now

nice guy as others have said

cant wait, i really need it, my game falls off when the tip shape goes

im a dime guy

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#28)
bbb
AzB Silver Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

06-08-2016, 12:23 PM

been using the pro version for over a month
works great on its own and a great compliment to the standard madel
the standard being a courser grit gets the shape faster but removes more leather
the pro is finer grit so really shapes and touches up the tip nicely without as much removal of the leather

Old
  (#29)
jb1911
AzB Silver Member
jb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond repute

06-21-2016, 10:18 AM

I've got one of those 4ever tools and there's leather caked up in the grit. How do I clean it?

Mezz ZZ32
McDermott D4
Huebler Sneaky Pete

Old
  (#30)
joelpope
AzB Gold Member

06-21-2016, 10:32 AM

Easiest way is with a old tooth brush

Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »