Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Aiming Conversation
Reload this Page The Hal Houle Post
Page 2 of 39 12 3412 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
justcueit
AzB Silver Member
justcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-17-2020, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
Lol.....that's one boat I'm glad I missed.

Anyhoo, I surely haven't logged anymore than a few hours over the years trying to make Hal's theory work. I found it intriguing that it works on some shots, so I spent about 15min figuring out why, which also explained why I couldn't get it working on other shots without tweaking the parameters/instructions.

If I had spent 15 years working with it, or even a few dedicated weeks with it, I'm 100% sure I would be right here with Stan and Cookie and other CTE users preaching that it works axactly as instructed. I know this because I understand how the brain functions, how it has the ability to program itself in order to make something work as if we are actually consciously making it work, when in reality our subconcious mind is making it work, having been programmed through trial and error and good ol fashioned rote.

LOL You and Lou and PJ and Dan caught the short boat.

LOL Not buying it that you have spent a few hours trying to make Hal’s document work.

Connie Shuffett

Old
  (#17)
BC21
Poolology
BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-17-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcueit View Post
LOL You and Lou and PJ and Dan caught the short boat.

LOL Not buying it that you have spent a few hours trying to make Hal’s document work.

Connie Shuffett
Really? How is it so unbelievable that the 4 of us, and countless others, actually wasted our time with Hal's ideas? Afterall, we weren't privy to any purposely omitted secrets. Simply adhering to the instructions provided in Hal's document, not assuming he meant anymore than he wrote, it takes about 5 minutes tk discover that it sometimes works, and other times doesn't work.

Stan likes to think that his passion for pool and for learning and teaching is surpassed by no one, as if no one in the world has spent anymore than a few minutes experimenting with theories and figuring things out. It's a bit narcissistic.

Old
  (#18)
justcueit
AzB Silver Member
justcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond reputejustcueit has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
Maybe so. Which part of that post was the "classy" stuff you are so well known for?
Special words are sometimes needed as weapons when encountering unsavory characters. I carry a switchblade and pack a pistol as well.

Connie Shuffett

Old
  (#19)
BC21
Poolology
BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Special words are sometimes needed as weapons when encountering unsavory characters. I carry a switchblade and pack a pistol as well.

Connie Shuffett
Like any good smart Kentucky girl! I love this! Lol.

Old
  (#20)
justcueit
AzB Silver Member

01-17-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Really? How is it so unbelievable that the 4 of us, and countless others, actually wasted our time with Hal's ideas? Afterall, we weren't privy to any purposely omitted secrets. Simply adhering to the instructions provided in Hal's document, not assuming he meant anymore than he wrote, it takes about 5 minutes tk discover that it sometimes works, and other times doesn't work.

Stan likes to think that his passion for pool and for learning and teaching is surpassed by no one, as if no one in the world has spent anymore than a few minutes experimenting with theories and figuring things out. It's a bit narcissistic.
You make a couple of fair points, but nonetheless you threw in the towel.

One of Stan’s great qualities is sticktuitiveness.

Connie Shuffett

Old
  (#21)
BC21
Poolology

01-17-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
You make a couple of fair points, but nonetheless you threw in the towel.

One of Stan’s great qualities is sticktuitiveness.

Connie Shuffett
That's a good quality, "sticktuitiveness". Cool word too.

As far as me throwing in the towel... Once I learned/discovered what was going on, I dropped the towel and walked away. There's a difference.

Last edited by BC21; 01-17-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Old
  (#22)
justcueit
AzB Silver Member

01-17-2020, 07:20 AM

Quote:
That's a good quality, "sticktuitiveness". Cool word too.

As far as me throwing in the towel... Once I learned/discovered what was going on, I dropped the towel and walked away. There's a difference.
There’s way more to it than meets the eye. Hal learned things about vision that no one else could even dream of. Somewhere along the line you lost your ability to dream. Stan trusted and had faith in what Hal asserted to true. As a result, Stan was able to eventually tap into Hal’s mind. Stan will be sharing his experiences of what many will say is only a dream in his Truth Series and book.

Connie Shuffett

Old
  (#23)
BC21
Poolology

01-17-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
There’s way more to it than meets the eye. Hal learned things about vision that no one else could even dream of. Somewhere along the line you lost your ability to dream. Stan trusted and had faith in what Hal asserted to true. As a result, Stan was able to eventually tap into Hal’s mind. Stan will be sharing his experiences of what many will say is only a dream in his Truth Series and book.

Connie Shuffett
Well snap snap!! Let's get to it! Lol. Just kidding. I understand things take time, especially when it's in someone else's hands.

Old
  (#24)
goettlicher
AzB Silver Member
goettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2020, 07:41 AM

Kids! Quit it!

One Gentleman is dead.
One Gentleman is working for the goodness of pool.
One Lady standing up for her husband's beliefs.
One Gentleman is a non-believer.
The rest of us are not idiots.

GET A LIFE!!!

randyg

P.B.I.A Master Instructor
2018 Instructor of the year
www.randygpool.com

Old
  (#25)
justcueit
AzB Silver Member

01-17-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goettlicher View Post
Kids! Quit it!

One Gentleman is dead.

GET A LIFE!!!

randyg
Great post, Randy.

Concerning Hal, his spirit that is larger than life itself, lives on.

Connie Shuffett

Old
  (#26)
BC21
Poolology

01-17-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Kids! Quit it!

One Gentleman is dead.

GET A LIFE!!!

randyg

But....

A lot of gentlemen are dead.
A lot of people are working for the goodness of pool.
A lot of ladies are standing up for their husbands' beliefs.
A lot of gentlemen are non-believers.
And most people are not idiots.

We do have a life, and a small portion of it is dedicated to playing pool, talking about pool, gaining and sharing knowledge, helping others and helping ourselves.... That's what we're doing here. If not for that, there would be no AZ Billiards. We are like a big disgruntled family where cousins and brothers and sisters don't always agree with each other. That's life.

Old
  (#27)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
We are like a big disgruntled family where cousins and brothers and sisters don't always agree with each other. That's life.
Don't brothers and sisters and cousins get along a little too well in West Virginia. Isn't that where the saying Aunt Mom originated. Just kidding.

Old
  (#28)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Kids! Quit it!

One Gentleman is dead.

GET A LIFE!!!

randyg
Randy -- maybe you need a new award: "2019 Busybody of the Year." If you don't like a thread you are welcome to move along.

Dan White

Old
  (#29)
BC21
Poolology

01-17-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
Don't brothers and sisters and cousins get along a little too well in West Virginia. Isn't that where the saying Aunt Mom originated. Just kidding.
Watch it now....or I'll send my uncle dad down there to Florida for a visit! Lol

Old
  (#30)
Ratta
Hearing the balls.....
Ratta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000
 Send a message via ICQ to Ratta Send a message via MSN to Ratta  
02-11-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Kids! Quit it!

One Gentleman is dead.

GET A LIFE!!!

randyg
Next drink on me Pops!

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."......Albert Einstein
________

"Advanced PBIA Instructor and proud member of the SPF Family"

Page 2 of 39 12 3412 Last »