Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Accessory reviews
Reload this Page The Road Bridge quick review
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
cueman
AzB Silver Member
cueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

06-08-2016, 07:58 AM

I see I missed a question.
The Highway model is the 4 foot version that will fit into many large pouches on cue cases. The Interstate model is made to attach to the outside of your case.
The Hitchhiker is a bridge head with rubber grommet to slip over your break cue ferrule.

https://www.cuesmith.com/road-bridges.html

Old
  (#17)
RakRunr
AzB Silver Member
RakRunr has a reputation beyond reputeRakRunr has a reputation beyond reputeRakRunr has a reputation beyond reputeRakRunr has a reputation beyond reputeRakRunr has a reputation beyond reputeRakRunr has a reputation beyond reputeRakRunr has a reputation beyond reputeRakRunr has a reputation beyond reputeRakRunr has a reputation beyond reputeRakRunr has a reputation beyond reputeRakRunr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-19-2016, 01:14 PM

The pool hall I play at has a bunch of Russos for the house bridges. They are decent, but I'm a bit of a gearhead and so a couple of years ago I decided I should have my own bridge. Since then I have tried a number of them out:

1) I started with a moose head. Cheap but functional. A good buy for only $3.

[EDIT] - not sure what happened to this section, so trying to recreate it...
2) One issue i had with the Moose was jumping, so when I saw the Jump Caddy online I bought one (~$15). This is a great bridge head, and I was impressed by the quality. The best part about it is that you can see under the jump ring and get a great line of sight on the cue ball. My only complaint about it was I had a hard time getting the right connection to a bridge cue. A little scotch tape fixed that right up...

3) As I kept exploring the bridge options, I got a Justa-bridge, largely based on the recommendations on the Forums. The design of the mechanism is intriguing: this is a great idea with the absolute best in flexibility. Unfortunately, I found that the cue did not slide comfortably through the felt on the head. Often, the cue got "stuck" and would not move smoothly, producing a jumpy and erratic stroke that cost me several games, so I ended up going back to the Jump Caddy.

4) I was at the Billiards Expo in PA earlier this year, and I saw the Drill Sergeant demo the Road Bridge. I immediately went in search of @cueman's booth and bought one. I've been using it ever since and couldn't be happier. I even sold the Jump Caddy since I wasn't using it anymore. This bridge is SUPER versatile. The head spins, the neck angles, and being able to adjust the length of the bridge is fantastic. Putting all these together means I can always get the bridge in a workable position. The only thing I would warn about is that the head (attached with an allen screw) has a tendency to come loose and spin too freely, so I keep an allen wrench in my bag and tighten it once it starts getting loose.

So, my recommendation is thus: if you want an inexpensive solution, the Jump Caddy is a good piece of equipment. If you want the best option, the Road Bridge is a (functional) work of art.

Joel Cochran
PBIA Instructor
CSI National Referee

If you think you can't learn anything, you are probably right.

Playing cue: Predator P3, Revo 12.9
Break cue: Predator BK Rush
Jump cue: Hanshew
Case: Whitten

Last edited by RakRunr; 12-19-2016 at 01:19 PM.

How do you see the cue ball?
Old
  (#18)
Saturated Fats
AzB Silver Member
Saturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond repute

How do you see the cue ball? - 03-31-2017, 03:41 PM

The photo showing the bridge reaching over five balls looks like the reaching part is fine, but I don't understand how the shooter sees the cue ball unless he's about seven feet tall.

It would appear that the black bridge head would block the view. Isn't that a problem? Wouldn't a clear plastic head be better?

Old
  (#19)
wabelly
AzB Silver Member
wabelly has a reputation beyond reputewabelly has a reputation beyond reputewabelly has a reputation beyond reputewabelly has a reputation beyond reputewabelly has a reputation beyond reputewabelly has a reputation beyond reputewabelly has a reputation beyond reputewabelly has a reputation beyond reputewabelly has a reputation beyond reputewabelly has a reputation beyond reputewabelly has a reputation beyond repute

04-25-2017, 01:44 PM

I have one Highway model love it. Very well made easy to use

Old
  (#20)
cueman
AzB Silver Member
cueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-06-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturated Fats View Post
The photo showing the bridge reaching over five balls looks like the reaching part is fine, but I don't understand how the shooter sees the cue ball unless he's about seven feet tall.

It would appear that the black bridge head would block the view. Isn't that a problem? Wouldn't a clear plastic head be better?
Actually shooting over single or over multiple ball shots are easy for an average height person to see over the top of the cue and aim. The harder one is the middle of the table jump shots. A clear head might come in handy for that shot.

Old
  (#21)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

12-22-2019, 08:17 PM

I used a 4footer(Highway) the other night and liked it. Will order one.

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Page 2 of 2 12