Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Snooker
Reload this Page New room !

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
New room !
Old
  (#1)
Slasher
KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Slasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

New room ! - 04-07-2007, 11:18 PM

A new snooker room just opened near me today.
pretty exciting as they put in all brand new Riley steel block tables, including two silver legged tv type tables with match cloth !
My wife is gonna miss me

Old
  (#2)
Cameron Smith
is kind of hungry...
Cameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond repute

04-08-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher
A new snooker room just opened near me today.
pretty exciting as they put in all brand new Riley steel block tables, including two silver legged tv type tables with match cloth !
My wife is gonna miss me
That's it, I'm moving to Vancouver.

I would kill for a nobel peace prize

Old
  (#3)
Slasher
KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Slasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond repute

04-08-2007, 08:33 PM

I will post some pics soon. they spared no expense on making the tables the best in the country. Steel block rails on all the tables, double shaved 6811 cloth, pro aramith balls . So lucky to have a room owner that loves the game and has the resources to bring the best equipment to town, awesome.
Practiced three hours today, man these tables keep you honest.
Just about anything going into less than a full pocket at speed needs to be bang on or it spits it out. The bounce is very nice and very consistent around the rails, I am told they will get a little more responsive as they break in.

Old
  (#4)
cueclub
AzB Silver Member
cueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond repute

04-09-2007, 03:42 AM

I dropped in there last night to check it out. I like what they've done with the place. Shot a few balls with one of the owners. Hopefully with them open now and us in Burnaby, we can bring some of the serious players back and maybe groom and get more of the younger players into the game. David and Ken and good guys and both played here before they went and opened up.

Wish them the best of luck as they have spared no expense to bring in and use the proper equipment.

9 ball cue - De Roo w/ predator shaft
Break cue - Falcon Ac15
snooker cue - 1 pc Tom Gauthier

And many others just laying around....

Old
  (#5)
Slasher
KE = 0.5 • m • v2

04-09-2007, 06:08 PM

I gotta say last year I was concerned that the game was finally on the edge of extinction around these parts as most of the older players are gone and most of the rooms till you guys opened, and now this place.

I can see maybe with Snooker booming in Asia and the likes of Marco and Ding driving the popularity there that it may atract the younger Asians in this area. There is still hope for Canada to produce some top flight players.
To all the room owners, keep up the good work and hopefully it will pay off.

Old
  (#6)
Slasher
KE = 0.5 • m • v2

04-22-2007, 07:45 PM

Pics of the new room. The tables came from The recent China open. The ones with the silver legs were the TV tables and the ones David is posing on were the practice tables. 8.3 cm pockets (3.26 inches), hello!.
I love playing on these tables, most likely the best in the country.
Attached Images

Last edited by Slasher; 04-22-2007 at 07:50 PM.

Old
  (#7)
Adanac67
Predator=Awesome
Adanac67 has a reputation beyond reputeAdanac67 has a reputation beyond reputeAdanac67 has a reputation beyond reputeAdanac67 has a reputation beyond reputeAdanac67 has a reputation beyond reputeAdanac67 has a reputation beyond reputeAdanac67 has a reputation beyond reputeAdanac67 has a reputation beyond reputeAdanac67 has a reputation beyond reputeAdanac67 has a reputation beyond reputeAdanac67 has a reputation beyond repute

04-22-2007, 09:25 PM

What is the name of this nice place and what is the address? I have to go to Vancouver/Burnaby on Friday so I may have to take my snooker cue with me. I am crowding 40 years old and I for one would LOVE IT if somehow the snooker tournaments would start up again. It is the greatest billiard game with pockets.

Keep your head down until the ball is in the pocket

Old
  (#8)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

04-22-2007, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adanac67
What is the name of this nice place and what is the address? I have to go to Vancouver/Burnaby on Friday so I may have to take my snooker cue with me. I am crowding 40 years old and I for one would LOVE IT if somehow the snooker tournaments would start up again. It is the greatest billiard game with pockets.

i agree, its dead in LA 20million people and 20 tables, geez its rough out there, the best cue sport and no one can figure it out.

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Old
  (#9)
cueclub
AzB Silver Member
cueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond reputecueclub has a reputation beyond repute

04-24-2007, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adanac67
They are out in richmond on garden city and alderbridge, where Hot shots used to be. And our address is in my sig

9 ball cue - De Roo w/ predator shaft
Break cue - Falcon Ac15
snooker cue - 1 pc Tom Gauthier

And many others just laying around....

Old
  (#10)
X Breaker
AzB Silver Member
X Breaker has a reputation beyond reputeX Breaker has a reputation beyond reputeX Breaker has a reputation beyond reputeX Breaker has a reputation beyond reputeX Breaker has a reputation beyond reputeX Breaker has a reputation beyond reputeX Breaker has a reputation beyond reputeX Breaker has a reputation beyond reputeX Breaker has a reputation beyond reputeX Breaker has a reputation beyond reputeX Breaker has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 575

04-24-2007, 02:05 PM

Yesterday, I was there practising. Someone was playng $50 a game or something like that on the table very close to mine. There was a small crowd gathering around the table--they were very excited, they would not stop yelling at each other.

On my next table, two players started a game, then after a couple shots, one guy said the other guy foul by touching a ball with his shirt, the other guy got real mad, and started swearing and screaming. He then left the place, without finishing the game.

I kept practising, as the yelling continued on the gambling table. My table was located right in front of the kitchen and the restroom. The employee of this place like to run real fast to and from the kitchen all the time. Everytime she ran acorss, she would be doing do right in front of the black spot. Sometimes, they would open the door, and ran out of the kitchen, which is also right in front of the black and pink spot.

I played for about 3 hours. Then the owner came and tried to give me some lessons. I told him I did not want any lessons, he respected me, and left me alone.

I practised some more, and left the place at 1:00am.

I actually had a good time, and really enjoy it. It is a very good practise for my concentration.

I will try to go there as much as I can. They are very nice people, who try to offer very good customer service to their customers in the best way they know how.

It is also good for my 9 ball game, to learn how to block out distractions.

Richard

Last edited by X Breaker; 04-24-2007 at 02:12 PM.