Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Ask The Instructor
Reload this Page Accurate cue placement-Is it technique or is it talent
Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
KenRobbins
AzB Silver Member
KenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-21-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
Lol. I understand. A good coach will gage your progress and focus during that 20 minutes. If the coach begins to notice that you're just going through the motions, monotonously, repeating the same errors with little attention to feedback or corrective instruction, then continuing the session is a waste of time. The coach should make you take a break. If you show no signs of boredom or loss of focus or whatever, then the coach is likely to keep you doing whatever you're doing.
I had a rough childhood. As far back as I can remember from kindergarten, my life was a living nightmare. Under my circumstances it was learn to focus or else. Just an example of one of the lesser violent things I experienced in childhood. Dad always bought me shoes that were always to big for room to grow in. I got smacked in the head everytime I dragged my feet when walking. Talk about walking on glass. It was either try to be perfect and focus continuously on any flaw I had at an early age or else. Luckily I was always good at with whatever I chose to do.

I'm far from perfect, but I'm proud where I'm at today. If I struggle at something, that little voice in the back of my head that "you'll never amount to anything" makes the sky the limit for me. If I lose focus are feeling fatigue, I just work harder.

Old
  (#47)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2020, 05:30 PM

Regarding practice time, I think every player should experience a marathon practice session every so often. That means 6 or more hours straight. When you play that long, you start to lose your conscious restrictions and at some point you just start to let go and start playing. It's a very rewarding experience. I'm sure that 20 minute concentration theory has some merit, but that's not what this is about. Sometimes you just need to get out of your own way and the way to do it is to break yourself down by fatigue.

Old
  (#48)
KenRobbins
AzB Silver Member
KenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond repute

10-22-2020, 03:58 AM

I apologize for my last post and won't edit it unless asked. If you search about athletes with childhood trauma, you'll get a better understanding if interested. Guys that think the way I practice is abuse, they don't know what abuse is and would probably struggle to keep up. lol

Old
  (#49)
KenRobbins
AzB Silver Member

10-22-2020, 02:12 PM

There's one person on this board that doesn't know me personally, but are good friends with a couple of my family members. They can confirm with them if to verify what I posted isn't BS.

Remembering back when I was kid I loved speed skating and usually came in 1st place. One race I collided with another kid and we fell and I broke my arm. I got up and finished that race and got 2nd place. I don't think that's natural talent. Mom kept all my trophies from skating and baseball.

People read into all this stuff and assume one thing. As for permanent relationship issues. Besides my wife I've been with for over 20 years, my dad is usually the one I talk to the most and hold no resentment. That's probably not the case for some, but I was fortunate enough to let go and live to let live.

Old
  (#50)
straightline
AzB Silver Member
straightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond repute

10-22-2020, 06:16 PM

Admirable. Alex P interview says 10 hrs a day. College kids can put 18 hrs a day pulling boot straps. Gotta do what it is.

Old
  (#51)
KenRobbins
AzB Silver Member

10-26-2020, 05:46 PM

I was thinking about my cousin that got a football scholarship and played college football. I don't follow football, but he was an offensive lineman I think they called them. When he pissed off dad he had to dig out the maple and oak tree stumps with a shovel after he cut down the tree when he was a kid. Some of you may think that's not possible, I assure you it is.

A couple years ago dad and I were trying to lift part of the base of a maple tree together. My cousin said step aside ladies and picked it up like a 20lb bag of charcoal. Kids today think it's unfair when they have to rake a yard of leaves.

If kids and young adults(lol) can focus on playing video games for hours. How much harder is it to get off your ass just to walk around a pool table with a cue and put the same amount of effort into the game of pool?

Page 4 of 4 « First 234