Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Aiming Conversation
Reload this Page The Mathematical Theorem Behind Poolology
Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-10-2020, 07:42 PM

I am remiss. Brian, thank you for posting the excellent video in your first post in this thread. I admire your work!

Dan, thank you for assembling your excellent video on the use of laser lighting to instruct alignment.

When Brian identified "lack of practice" and Dan identified "improper alignment" as explanations for missing straight-in shots, it would seem that the "case" might well be closed. Practice and improved alignment, when properly exercised, will almost invariably reduce failure. Both explanations, however, are still restatements of our humanity.

It's best to just leave it there. Maybe our humanity is the lowest common denominator.

I think I'm still trying to find that infinitesimal particle that explains infinity. Thanks for humoring me. I'll be 75 in a month or so. It's getting harder and harder to shoot my age.

Old
  (#47)
BC21
Poolology
BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

10-10-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
I am remiss. Brian, thank you for posting the excellent video in your first post in this thread. I admire your work!

Dan, thank you for assembling your excellent video on the use of laser lighting to instruct alignment.

When Brian identified "lack of practice" and Dan identified "improper alignment" as explanations for missing straight-in shots, it would seem that the "case" might well be closed. Practice and improved alignment, when properly exercised, will almost invariably reduce failure. Both explanations, however, are still restatements of our humanity.

It's best to just leave it there. Maybe our humanity is the lowest common denominator.

I think I'm still trying to find that infinitesimal particle that explains infinity. Thanks for humoring me. I'll be 75 in a month or so. It's getting harder and harder to shoot my age.
I hope I'm still playing pool at 75! Keep it up Mr Boxcar.

Old
  (#48)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2020, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post

I don't think you can ever guarantee success 100% of the time even when you do everything "right." I'm 55 and I think in recent years I've developed a small case of the yips. Putting in golf becomes more difficult for older pro's because of this. My pool hasn't really suffered because I'm not at a pro level, but my point is that sometimes the brain will misfire and throw the cue off line a bit. Maybe the yips isn't it exactly, but more like getting your arm warmed up? So you can have perfect mechanics yet misfire due to "humanity" including the pressure of competition, yips, stress and so on.

OTOH, if that is the only thing causing a miss then you're doing pretty well!

Dan White

Page 4 of 4 « First 234