Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Accessory reviews
Reload this Page Hammerhead break cue tip review

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Hammerhead break cue tip review
Old
  (#1)
Welder84
AzB Silver Member
Welder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Hammerhead break cue tip review - 11-13-2018, 10:14 AM

Hi all,
I would like to give a brief review on the Hammerhead break/jump tip from Outsville. I have tried several different phenolic and leather break tips to date. The highlights of the Hammerhead tip are that it breaks with control and a softer feel than traditional phenolic tips. There is also no hollow ping sound, but the Hammerhead crushes the rack like a phenolic should. When playing Nineball I can use the cut break with outside English without fear of a miscue. As of today this is my favorite tip by far.The people at Outsville shipped the tip quickly and hassle free.

Last edited by Welder84; 11-13-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Old
  (#2)
Kev
AzB Silver Member
Kev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

11-13-2018, 10:53 AM

I heard good things about these tips as well so I put in an order at caliberbilliards (they offer free shipping worldwide) but I have yet to receive anything (this was more than 3 months ago).
When I try to contact them they do not respond (actually they did once 6 weeks after placing the order, saying that they would look into it, but I haven't heard from them since). So beware.

Old
  (#3)
Welder84
AzB Silver Member
Welder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
I heard good things about these tips as well so I put in an order at caliberbilliards (they offer free shipping worldwide) but I have yet to receive anything (this was more than 3 months ago).
When I try to contact them they do not respond (actually they did once 6 weeks after placing the order, saying that they would look into it, but I haven't heard from them since). So beware.
Hi Kev,
Have you tried to buy a Hammerhead from Outsville? If you are talking about a different website please do not discourage people from Outsville.

Old
  (#4)
Kev
AzB Silver Member
Kev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welder84 View Post
Hi Kev,
Have you tried to buy a Hammerhead from Outsville? If you are talking about a different website please do not discourage people from Outsville.
I was talking about Caliberbilliards in my post, not about Outsville. They are a partner of Outsville.
When ordering from Outsville the shipping costs (to Europe) are as much as the tip itself.

Old
  (#5)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2018, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Caliber's ph. # is in Orange,Co Calif. Did you read his wording? Sounds like a scam site to me. Sure this is affiliated with Outsville? I have my "doubts-ville" about that? 3mos to get a tip is pure bulls^*t.

Old
  (#6)
Kev
AzB Silver Member

11-14-2018, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Caliber's ph. # is in Orange,Co Calif. Did you read his wording? Sounds like a scam site to me. Sure this is affiliated with Outsville? I have my "doubts-ville" about that? 3mos to get a tip is pure bulls^*t.
They probably never shipped the order, as I didn't get any despatchment info, only the confirmation that I had paid for the order.

I got in contact with Outsville and they said Caliberbilliards is one of their partners and they would contact them to see what's going on. I haven't heard anything from them (Outsville) after that, which was 6 weeks ago.

Old
  (#7)
The Renfro
Outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-03-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
They probably never shipped the order, as I didn't get any despatchment info, only the confirmation that I had paid for the order.

I got in contact with Outsville and they said Caliberbilliards is one of their partners and they would contact them to see what's going on. I haven't heard anything from them (Outsville) after that, which was 6 weeks ago.
Sorry Kev I just saw this as I don't do AZ much anymore.....

I will reach out again to Caliber and see if I can get an answer or a refund. They are a wholesale customer who has sold our products in the past not a partner. We have no investors or partners.....

Great White PRO CHALK - "Best Chalk in the UNIVERSE"

Outsville.com

Old
  (#8)
Kev
AzB Silver Member

01-04-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renfro View Post
Sorry Kev I just saw this as I don't do AZ much anymore.....

I will reach out again to Caliber and see if I can get an answer or a refund. They are a wholesale customer who has sold our products in the past not a partner. We have no investors or partners.....
Hi Chris, thanks but I already got the refund from PayPal. The person I had contact with on FB told me Caliberbilliards was a partner.
I would still like to try the Hammerhead and other Outsville tips someday, do you know if there is someone in Europe that is selling them?

Old
  (#9)
The Renfro
Outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute

01-04-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Hi Chris, thanks but I already got the refund from PayPal. The person I had contact with on FB told me Caliberbilliards was a partner.
I would still like to try the Hammerhead and other Outsville tips someday, do you know if there is someone in Europe that is selling them?
We are talking to a few companies in Europe and they are waiting on our 2019 Price List and product brochure... We hope to have those done next week...

Great White PRO CHALK - "Best Chalk in the UNIVERSE"

Outsville.com

I tried Hammerhead but like the new Bulletproof Break Tip better!
Old
  (#10)
MalibuMike
Banned
MalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to MalibuMike  
I tried Hammerhead but like the new Bulletproof Break Tip better! - 12-30-2019, 03:46 PM

I tried Hammerhead but like the new Bulletproof Break Tip better!
I like the White Shark Chalk too! Once you get it worked in!
Attached Images

Old
  (#11)
The Renfro
Outsville.com

09-30-2020, 10:19 PM

Bullerproof is Polycarbonate per lab testing... Rod is 8 bucks on Ebay.... look for the .625 diameter....