Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page Another interesting scenario - Racking?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Another interesting scenario - Racking?
Old
  (#1)
MatiasMyles
Registered
MatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Another interesting scenario - Racking? - 09-16-2020, 02:10 AM

Hey All,

Leave it to my 14.1 league to come up with these obscure scenario's

During a league 14.1 match, the players are playing Rack Your Own (which in my opinion, both players take the risk that something may go wrong with). The player goes to rack the balls, and one of the object balls he is handling to put in the rack slips out of his hands. that object bounced into the rail and ended up crashing into the cueball.

What do you do in this scenario, is it a foul ?

The way I ruled it, is that it is not a foul and both players would have to agree on where the CB was. I feel that this was an accident, and no rule books have rulings on this based on a rack your own format. plus it wasn't during a shot.

What do you all think ?

Old
  (#2)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-16-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasMyles View Post
Hey All,

During a league 14.1 match, the players are playing Rack Your Own (which in my opinion, both players take the risk that something may go wrong with). The player goes to rack the balls, and one of the object balls he is handling to put in the rack slips out of his hands. that object bounced into the rail and ended up crashing into the cueball.

The way I ruled it, is that it is not a foul and both players would have to agree on where the CB was. I feel that this was an accident, and no rule books have rulings on this based on a rack your own format. plus it wasn't during a shot.

What do you all think ?
The general principle is that since the referee cannot commit a foul, a player acting as a referee cannot commit a foul. Of course if there is an intentional foul, that's a completely different matter.

Put the ball back and continue.

A more common scenario is when the break ball is very close to the rack and the racker is a little shaky and they brush the object ball with the triangle trying to get it off the object balls.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#3)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

09-16-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Hey All,

What do you all think ?
I like your ruling, but what if the two players disagree on where the cue ball was, particularly if it made the difference in the probability of having a break shot or affecting the severity of the angle of the break shot? If that’s the case, I would have to say the opponent that did not cause the disruption gets final say in where exactly the cue ball is replaced at. If the offending player disagrees and thinks he had a far more favorable cue ball position, too bad, as he was the one at fault.

Old
  (#4)
DynoDan
AzB Silver Member
DynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond repute

09-16-2020, 02:48 PM

If ‘rack your own’ indeed means the shooter acts as referee (while racking only, since the general rules do specify your opponent becomes the ref when no official one is provided), then until racking is actually complete, that would tend to indicate his decision re: ball placement should be final (?).

Old
  (#5)
MatiasMyles
Registered
MatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond reputeMatiasMyles has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Hey All,

What do you do in this scenario, is it a foul ? VidMate Mobdro word counter

What do you all think ?
issue got solved!!

Old
  (#6)
CESSNA10
AzB Gold Member
CESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond repute

09-21-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Hey All,

What do you all think ?
Good Grief nobody died, just put the ball back where it was and have a nice day