One Pocket
Old
  (#1)
cigarmikl
Registered
cigarmikl is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

One Pocket - 08-23-2020, 07:24 AM

My opponent is minus 2. My inning and I intentionally sink a ball in his pocket. His inning does he spot that ball before he starts shooting or after his inning has ended?

Old
  (#2)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

08-23-2020, 07:35 AM

Your ball in his pocket is his ball, it is his shot, he is -1, thanks to you making ball for him. He should say thank you.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#3)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-23-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarmikl View Post
My opponent is minus 2. My inning and I intentionally sink a ball in his pocket. His inning does he spot that ball before he starts shooting or after his inning has ended?
Balls spot at the end of the turn in which they are pocketed or lost due to a foul.

There are some additional rules that apply if the players forget to spot a ball that should be spotted. (That is usually not as soon as it is noticed.)

The closest thing we have to official rules for one pocket are at http://onepocket.org.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#4)
cigarmikl
Registered
cigarmikl is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

08-25-2020, 09:26 AM

Got 2 reply’s conflicting

Old
  (#5)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

08-25-2020, 09:41 AM

Your opponent spots the ball before he shoots and is now minus one.

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow
Best of the bunch- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

Willie said “I will only say this...when I beat Ralph, they would say it was because he was drinking....but every time he beat me, he was drinking too.”

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#6)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

08-25-2020, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarmikl View Post
Got 2 reply’s conflicting
No you didn't.

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow
Best of the bunch- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

Willie said “I will only say this...when I beat Ralph, they would say it was because he was drinking....but every time he beat me, he was drinking too.”

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#7)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-25-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
No you didn't.
The response before mine was not wrong but it was incomplete. It failed to mentioned the very, very important point that the pocketed ball spots. That incomplete response could be interpreted as letting the opponent keep the ball.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy