Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Ask The Instructor
Reload this Page pre-shot routine
Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member
Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

08-21-2020, 11:43 AM

evergruven...Here's a good one. I was watching the Hustler again, for the 10,000th time, and you can clearly see Jackie Gleason's eye pattern...eyes on the CB to warm up, eyes on the OB when he shoots! Gleason was well known to be a 50 ball runner back in the 50's & 60's...when the good players were running 100-200...not a champion, but clearly a strong amateur poolplayer, needing no coaching at all for the movie from Mr. Mosconi! I have time and time again explained why this process works best for most players...not all. We'll put DCP in that extremely small minority, who "it makes no sense" to! LOL For the giant majority of us the science makes a lot of sense.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergruven View Post
sigh
pat can speak for himself, but you just said
"Makes no sense - none at all - to look at the OB last."
how could you possibly rationalize that
when the majority of pro players evidently look at the ob last
watch their eyes- I'm not making this up
so, that being the case- do you really think that there's no sense to it?
ps this is coming from a guy who often plays cb last..

sean <<--- is skeptical, not delusional

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#47)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member
Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

08-21-2020, 11:58 AM

There are many instances where some pro says they do one thing, when in fact they do the opposite. Many don't actually know what they do...they just know how to demonstrate it, but can't explain it. It would take no more than a few minutes with a video camera with slow motion to answer the question about RM. It is very likely that slow motion video would show his eyes moving up to the OB as the cuetip approaches the CB.

Scott Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_ball6970 View Post
If you don't want to believe what Rodney said in an instructional dvd, then that is your choice. Have you watched the dvd? You say Rodney is naturally gifted, but he stresses the fundamentals throughout. Spends a lot of time on alignment and says he goes back to basics when he isn't playing his best.

You seem to spend a lot of time focusing on what pros look at when pulling the trigger. You could watch matches of the players I mentioned. Honestly it is hard to see what they are looking at a lot of the time due to camera angle. I am not going to spend hours and hours hoping to see what they are looking at. I am taking their word for it.

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#48)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member
evergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-21-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
There are many instances where some pro says they do one thing, when in fact they do the opposite. Many don't actually know what they do...they just know how to demonstrate it, but can't explain it. It would take no more than a few minutes with a video camera with slow motion to answer the question about RM. It is very likely that slow motion video would show his eyes moving up to the OB as the cuetip approaches the CB.

Scott Lee
I could see this
especially where pros/celebs are involved
we take peoples' word for things a lot
not to say there isn't truth to what others say
but I think we're best off checking that
with our own personal experience

A billiard table is that richest of metaphors,
by turns a theatre, an altar, touchstone, gauntlet,
ritual ground, a gunfighter's high noon, a refuge,
a verdant landscape for balls to scatter and rest in meaningful synchronicity,
a classroom, a karma dance, mirror of moods, a guide and trusted friend...

-- from grissim's "billiards"

Old
  (#49)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

08-21-2020, 12:24 PM

Not to beat a dead horse...but YOUR CUE GOES WHERE YOUR EYES GO!

Scott Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergruven View Post
I could see this
especially where pros/celebs are involved
we take peoples' word for things a lot
not to say there isn't truth to what others say
but I think we're best off checking that
with our own personal experience

PBIA Master Instructor