Reload this Page Snookerbacker
Page 6 of 6 « First 456

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Snookerbacker
Old
  (#76)
church66
AzB Silver Member
church66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Thumbs up Snookerbacker - 08-10-2020, 05:58 AM

http://www.snookerbacker.com/

August 10, 2020
World Championship Quarter Finals Preview
Filed under: Snooker Betting Snooker News — snookerbacker @ 8:07 am

There might be nobody there but it’s still dramatic

After a dramatic evening on Sunday we now move into week two at The Crucible and that can mean just one thing, it’s Quarter Final time. Can Judd continue to fend off the Snooker Gods or this time, is it for real?

Click on the match for the head to head statistics.

Judd Trump v Kyren Wilson

(Monday 10am/7pm, Tuesday 2.30pm)

So here we go. With the greatest of respect to Tom Ford and Yan Bingtao they are not exactly renowned for closing high pressure matches out against big players and that means Judd is still here. This time he faces what I’d say is his first real test as defending champion in the form of Kyren Wilson who is currently sporting a throwback to the 80’s hairstyle as opposed to Judd’s morphing into Terry Griffiths. Strange days we live in. Anyway, enough tittle-tattle, these two know each other’s games inside out and we can expect an attacking affair I’m sure. Kyren had a bit of a wobble at the end against Gould but considering it must have been strange for him starting his campaign so late in the championship was impressive in holding the bespectacled one at bay. So is this the round where the Snooker Gods make their presence known, well yes, I think it is. The head to heads give Kyren a slight advantage and to me Judd isn’t really at the top of his game at the moment and if Kyren can get an early lead I think he can keep the champion at arms length and do The Snooker Gods dirty work for them.

Prediction: Kyren 13-10.

Kurt Maflin v Anthony McGill

(Monday 2.30pm/Tuesday 10am/7pm)

We are once again assured a qualifier will be reaching the one table situation as these two play for just that reward. Maflin has been superb throughout the event and arguably second only to O’Sullivan. He held himself together very well to beat John Higgins and has had a few days off to prepare for this. On the flip side an absolutely knackered McGill came out of a bad-tempered match with Jamie Clarke on the wrong side of midnight and has had just a few hours to get his head around the fact that it’s straight back to his seat again this afternoon. I’ll not dwell on the circumstances that saw a fightback from the Scotsman in the last round when he seemed to be heading for a hiding but he’s not scoring as well as he usually does, he’s missing a lot of pressure balls that Maflin isn’t and it would be foolish to suspect that over this length of match he doesn’t have to significantly improve to stand a chance.

Prediction: Maflin 13-8

Mark Williams v Ronnie O’Sullivan

(Monday 2.30pm/Tuesday 2.30pm/7pm)

The two greats of the game go toe to toe at The Crucible for the fifth time with Ronnie having won all of their previous encounters here. After a measured and clinical performance in the first round, O’Sullivan was back to his barking mad self in Round 2 and his interview with Rob Walker after the match was something to behold, he claimed that snooker was just a hobby, he still doesn’t like the World Championship but he likes it better this year because he’s not being bothered by people and that he’d have to lose several limbs to lose to some players who are professional these days. Williams showed his trademark bottle in finishing off Bingham who claimed after the match that the Welshman would have to significantly up his game if he was to stand any chance of winning it again this year. All in all on paper this has a comfortable O’Sullivan win on his way to a sixth title written all over it, but as we know, anything can happen on a snooker table measuring 12 bee 6.

Prediction: O’Sullivan 13-7

Mark Selby v Neil Robertson

(Monday 10am/7pm, Tuesday 10am)

Five from the last six meetings between this pair have been won by Robertson but they do usually have quite a battle so the bets on the overs in terms of frames here would be following a largely solid form book. Selby is beginning to show shades of the old Jester and hit three tons on his way to a deciding frame win over the impressive Noppon, while Neil closed out an impressive final session against Hawkins having had a blip in the middle of the match. The one thing these two have in common is that they never know when they are beaten, their mental approach to the game cannot be faulted when they are both at their best though for me Selby can be a bit harder on himself sometimes than Robbo. I know Robbo is taking a very measured approach to the championship this year and focusing on all elements of his game instead of just relying on his scoring to kick in at some point. This will be a cracking match and I’m convinced it could go very very close indeed. But just based on overall performance so far I’m going to take Robbo to nick it.

Prediction: Robertson 13-11

Recommended Doubles and Treble: Wilson, Maflin (-2.5) and over 21 frames in Selby/Robertson. Treble pays over 9/1 at Boyles.

Snookerbacker
Old
  (#77)
church66
AzB Silver Member
church66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up Snookerbacker - 08-10-2020, 06:17 AM

Mark Williams v Ronnie O’Sullivan

(Monday 2.30pm/Tuesday 2.30pm/7pm)

The two greats of the game go toe to toe at The Crucible for the fifth time with Ronnie having won all of their previous encounters here. After a measured and clinical performance in the first round, O’Sullivan was back to his barking mad self in Round 2 and his interview with Rob Walker after the match was something to behold, he claimed that snooker was just a hobby, he still doesn’t like the World Championship but he likes it better this year because he’s not being bothered by people and that he’d have to lose several limbs to lose to some players who are professional these days. Williams showed his trademark bottle in finishing off Bingham who claimed after the match that the Welshman would have to significantly up his game if he was to stand any chance of winning it again this year. All in all on paper this has a comfortable O’Sullivan win on his way to a sixth title written all over it, but as we know, anything can happen on a snooker table measuring 12 bee 6.

Prediction: O’Sullivan 13-7

Shock horror folks , Snookerbacker has tipped up against his original selection :

July 29, 2020
World Championship Preview – 45/1 Williams Can Strike Again
Filed under: Snooker Betting Snooker News — snookerbacker @ 3:13 pm :

Snookerbacker
Old
  (#78)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Snookerbacker - 08-12-2020, 03:17 AM

Quote .

" Snookerbacker
August 12, 2020
World Championship Semi Finals
Filed under: Snooker Betting Snooker News — snookerbacker @ 9:01 am

A situation of one-tableness – Oi!! You lot!! Get out!! Who let you in?

With five days to go until we know the destination of the famous trophy for the next eight months, or if the rumours circulating I’ve heard are true, twelve months, it’s down to the fabled one-table situation for the semi-finals.

The usual cliches will be trotted out and the BBC team will once again point out how it’s quite amazing how much the arena changes from what the players are used to and that it’s almost like playing in a different venue. Ken will probably quip that you need a taxi from your seat to the table after being so cramped up to get here and we’ll all laugh politely because that’s just what we do.

Once again we find a qualifier in the last four in the shape of Anthony McGill so at least we get to listen to The Smiths at least four more times before Kyren raves out to Sandstorm. In the bottom half, it’s one of the best match ups we can hope for as snooker’s very own Rock ‘N’ Roll star Ronnie faces a man who really isn’t an underdog, Selby, see what I did there? (by the way Mark, I know you like the song and that bloke called Peanut – I blame the parents – but mate, come on, the singer isn’t exactly an angel is he?)

OK, let’s take a look at what I think will be two very different semi-finals, click on the match for the head to head.

Kyren Wilson v Anthony McGill

It’s interesting that a lot of people are saying that this is a bit of a surprise semi-final, when really it isn’t all that shocking. Kyren’s record against Judd always suggested he might be the dark force that invoked The Curse this year and so it came to pass, while anyone who watched the qualifiers would have deduced, as I did in my initial preview that McGill was probably the best out of the lot and has a Crucible pedigree to boot, I even flagged up the 125/1 each way bet in said initial preview, so I don’t think this match up is a surprise at all really. It’s no surprise of course that Kyren starts the match a very heavy favourite after his win over Judd but that will suit Anthony down to the ground. McGill has a superior head to head which raises an eyebrow or two, especially if you consider that two of Kyren’s three wins against him came in 6-Red format, discount those and McGill leads 4-1. These two have very similar games which means they probably enjoy playing each other as they can second guess what the other player is going to do and if McGill takes to the one-table set up, which I have no reason to think he won’t, I think he’s in with a fighting chance, I definitely wouldn’t be lumping on Kyren at 1/4 put it that way.

Recommended Bet – Over 29 frames in the match at 6/4

Ronnie O’Sullivan v Mark Selby

All eyes will be on this one, the old tortoise and the hare race is run again over a gruelling three days and four sessions as these two grapple with each other again over the long distance and we all know who won that race don’t we? Ronnie came off his match with Mark Williams in typical self-deprecating mood and announced to the world that they should ‘lump on’ Selby as there is nobody left that can beat him over this distance. There is obviously an element of kidology in there but in the past when Ronnie has made these kinds of predictions they have tended to come true. Selby looks to be almost back to his best and is getting better with every match, Ronnie seems to be playing at a consistently high level and remains mesmerising both on and off the table. Selby did a Selby on Neil Robertson and he’s more than capable of doing exactly the same to Ronnie, but one ray of light the G’Woarn Ronnie Belle…errmm Brigade can take from this is that Ronnie has said in conversation with Hendry over lockdown that if he could play one match again it would be the final that Selby beat him in, well now’s his chance. By the way, as I write you can still back Selby at 10/3 to lift the trophy.

Recommended Bet – Both players to make 3 or more centuries at 5/2 ."

Snookerbacker Tweet .
Old
  (#79)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Snookerbacker Tweet . - 08-14-2020, 09:39 PM

https://twitter.com/snookerbacker/st...77749109510147 :

Paul Rollinson
@7_rollo
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Needs to win tomorrow or it's all for nothing
@ronnieo147
Robbie Pender
@robbiepender
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Without a shadow of a doubt, combined they are the best ever semi finals #whoneedsacrowd
Steve E. Edge
@TheEdgeTweets
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Agree from downunder Upside-down face
147apparel
@147apparel
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Were you saying that in the 30th frame? Rolling on the floor laughingRolling on the floor laughing
⛰ Erasmus Montanus ⛰
@moodymoomooh
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Collision symbol What a snooker day Collision symbol
Gary The No-Trash Cougar
@notrashcougar
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Despite being an absolute, bonafide mentalist.
Micky Ogden
@RamrodStuds
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Pretty much as I'd predicted, except Ronnie won.
Marlon Solomon
@supergutman
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Yeah, bellend though.
Skippy
@Exsnookerpro
·
6h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
I agree with your first two sentences.
miami cb
@biddleo1
·
6h
TST is the goat
Craig Rolph
@CraigRolph
·
5h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
The best snooker player ever by a mile, and Ronnie would agree, is Mr Stephen Hendry.
Flag of BelgiumBuffaloDDRFlag of Belgium
@buffalo_ddr
·
21m
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Bang on backer
Callum Somers
@Somers_10
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Poor interview from
@markjesterselby
. Sounded like sour grapes at the end. Disrespectful for bashing them around when in a snooker? Can only favour Selby and helped him wins a couple of frames
Daniel Karmy
@dank6710
·
7h
No, Selby was spot on. For all Ronnie said about Joe Davis...the great man would have been disgusted by that sort of behaviour. No other sportsman who openly slagged off his fellow professionals, or took the piss out of his opponent playing that way, would get away with it..

Snookerbacker Tweets
Old
  (#80)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Snookerbacker Tweets - 08-14-2020, 09:41 PM

Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
PaulM Flag of Ireland
@MurphyPaul79
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Here’s to #6
Buster
@Buster_comedy
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
It’s like he does it just to test himself,it’s unbelievable!!
JRRFisheresq
@JeremyF79404326
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Simply the best player we have ever seen #RonnieOSullivan
Capra falconeri Horse
@rims_007
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Strongly agreed
lee hollywood
@leehollywood
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
That was scary
David Lia
@DavidLia11
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
His cue action is pretty bad though Smiling face with open mouth and cold sweatSmiling face with open mouth and cold sweat
chris atrill
@chrisatrill
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Wow!
Gareth
@romfordslim1477
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
I said he wouldnt get to the final hands up i was wrong
⛰ Erasmus Montanus ⛰
@moodymoomooh
·
7h
Me too. The one I hope for usually loses, so I went with some reverse psycology this time.
monkeyboy
@monkeyboyjason
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Selby sore loser but amazing match
Paul Rollinson
@7_rollo
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Needs to win tomorrow or it's all for nothing
@ronnieo147
Robbie Pender
@robbiepender
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Without a shadow of a doubt, combined they are the best ever semi finals #whoneedsacrowd
Steve E. Edge
@TheEdgeTweets
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Agree from downunder Upside-down face
147apparel
@147apparel
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Were you saying that in the 30th frame? Rolling on the floor laughingRolling on the floor laughing

Snookerbacker Tweet .
Old
  (#81)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Snookerbacker Tweet . - 08-14-2020, 09:44 PM

⛰ Erasmus Montanus ⛰
@moodymoomooh
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Collision symbol What a snooker day Collision symbol
Gary The No-Trash Cougar
@notrashcougar
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Despite being an absolute, bonafide mentalist.
Micky Ogden
@RamrodStuds
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Pretty much as I'd predicted, except Ronnie won.
Marlon Solomon
@supergutman
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Yeah, bellend though.
Skippy
@Exsnookerpro
·
6h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
I agree with your first two sentences.
miami cb
@biddleo1
·
6h
TST is the goat
Craig Rolph
@CraigRolph
·
5h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
The best snooker player ever by a mile, and Ronnie would agree, is Mr Stephen Hendry.
Flag of BelgiumBuffaloDDRFlag of Belgium
@buffalo_ddr
·
26m
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Bang on backer
Callum Somers
@Somers_10
·
7h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Poor interview from
@markjesterselby
. Sounded like sour grapes at the end. Disrespectful for bashing them around when in a snooker? Can only favour Selby and helped him wins a couple of frames
Daniel Karmy
@dank6710
·
7h
No, Selby was spot on. For all Ronnie said about Joe Davis...the great man would have been disgusted by that sort of behaviour. No other sportsman who openly slagged off his fellow professionals, or took the piss out of his opponent playing that way, would get away with it..

Snookerbacker Tweet .
Old
  (#82)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Snookerbacker Tweet . - 08-14-2020, 09:51 PM

https://twitter.com/snookerbacker/st...68766407708672

Ed
@Ed03579699
·
5h
Hendry
Kevin
@Kmet90
·
6h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
@Paul94Metcalfe
Brian Rigney
@BrianR199
·
6h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
and
@RisquePat
@1paulmcel
Paul McElroy Blocked by Donnelly, Carey, Cowan! Face with tears of joy
@1paulmcel
·
6h
Sums up Ronnie. A snooker genius doesn't have to justify himself. Ok there's etiquette and protocol to follow but an empty Crucible suits Ronnie funny enough even though he's done in with a capacity crowd before.
@ronnieo147
#Snookerworldchampionships
3 more replies
Gianni
@giannimosquito
·
6h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
@stephencn90
LOL
Matthew Lean
@Lenoitz
·
5h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
@ian__powell
Stephen Finn
@ScarFinn79
·
4h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
@jkmolly39
Rolling on the floor laughingRolling on the floor laughing
MGB1975
@mgb75
·
6h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Absolute quality. Can’t stand it when people criticise Ronnie. He has carried the game on his shoulders for 20 years. He has delivered unbelievable entertainment, on and off the baize throughout his career. Genius and fallibility are two sides of the same coin Thumbs upSlightly smiling face
Michelle B
@shellbennett
·
5h
There is a fine line between genius and madness
1 more reply
stephen
@astephenrhodes
·
8h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
@StephenCorkin1

@jackcoe209
jack coe
@jackcoe209
·
8h
unreal hahhahaha
Stephenbyrne7
@Stephenbyrne73
·
4h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
and
@GerDodrill11
@ianfitz1992
Stephenbyrne7
@Stephenbyrne73
·
4h
Didn't mean to tag u ger sorry
The Mean Guy
@DanUmmati
·
8h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Lmfao

Snookerbacker
Old
  (#83)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Snookerbacker - 08-15-2020, 07:15 AM

Snookerbacker
August 15, 2020
World Championship Final – O’Sullivan aims for sixth World Crown
Filed under: Snooker News — snookerbacker @ 10:17 am
We are running out of superlatives, Ronnie O’Sullivan last night produced one of the most unlikely comebacks of recent years and played snooker from the Gods to pip a very upset Mark Selby to the post and reach the final, where he’ll take on Kyren Wilson who emerged battered and bruised from the most incredible deciding frame of snooker The Crucible, or for that matter any venue, has ever witnessed.

It’s a huge weekend for both players, Kyren was clearly overwhelmed to get through and faces the match of his life against a seemingly unstoppable Rocket aiming to put his name on the trophy for the sixth time, that people say that’s a massive underachievement on his part speak volumes of his contribution to the sport for the best part of three decades.

I’m not going to be having a bet, I hardly ever do on the final, but I’d be surprised if Ronnie lost now, even with the 300 or so looking on as the restrictions are lifted once more for the climax of what’s been a great tournament for those of us glued to it at home. I think the strangest tournament in our lifetimes will probably end up being won by the strangest snooker player of them all, let’s just hope they put on a show.

Snookerbacker Tweet .
Old
  (#84)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Snookerbacker Tweet . - 08-15-2020, 05:51 PM

https://twitter.com/snookerbacker/st...44173854240769

Quote .

"I've done some detailed research and the red line is when Ronnie looks arsed, the black line is when he wins trophies. Not sure what the other line is but it's backed up with data."

The graphics look like PM Boris 'Bonkers' Johnsons daily updates on the Corona Virus via UK MSM UK outlets .

Snookerbacker
Old
  (#85)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Snookerbacker - 08-18-2020, 10:10 PM

Snookerbacker
August 18, 2020
It’s The World Seniors! The Curse is Back.
Filed under: Snooker Betting Snooker News — snookerbacker @ 8:18 pm

Jimmy’s back. But can he beat this version of The Curse? Don’t be silly.

OK, I’ll be the first to admit that when all the Snooker Legends stuff started off I just thought it was a bit of a pantomime money spinner for those at the end of their careers who couldn’t hit a bull’s arse with a shovel anymore but were still mildly recognisable to nursing home residents.

But as regular readers know, I’m always happy to admit when I’m wrong.

Because now despite the UK Government ensuring that a lot of said nursing home residents have gone to the Great Billiard Hall in the Sky prematurely these past few months, those who are left can this week join the rest of us in enjoying the World Seniors Championship from The Crucible on the Red Button on the BBC (Channel 981 on Sky – send me the other quick links for the ones who still press the Red Button).

This is a testament to how strong this initial idea by Jason Francis to save a few skint and failing greats from obscurity has led to an excellent standard of play in qualifying events all over the world.

Jimmy White won it last year at The Crucible (that sentence in itself should have your attention), so this also immediately arouses the interest of The Snooker Gods, whose radar is always alerted at the phrase ‘First time Crucible winner defending the title’.

Rumour has it that The Gods, fresh from their absolute hatchet job on Judd, made a U-Turn at Cloud 147 on their way to the annual Curse Celebration break in Kiev to meet a few mates on hearing the news this was going ahead and was being covered by the BBC.

Sorry Jimmy, it’s kind of a rule. Nothing personal.

Other notable or recognisable names taking part are Ken Doherty, Dennis Taylor, Bolton Stud Tony ‘The Shagger’ Knowles, Joe Johnson, Nigel Bond and Darren Morgan, who famously, at least to me and my mates, once turned up in a red sports car at Pontins, Prestatyn with the roof down and the registration ‘H1 BABE5’.

Talking of Pontins, there’s some other jammy Scottish player there called Stephen Hendry who spawned a yellow against me on his way to a deciding frame victory in 1983 in the juniors. But I don’t like talking about it and wish him all the best in his future career.

The winner may come from that crop, in particular Bond who I’d say is a half decent bet to lift the trophy. But you also have to factor in the likes of Peter Lines, Michael Judge and former winner Aaron Canavan who faces Leo Fernandez who played very well at Q School recently into your calculations.

There won’t be a crowd in The Crucible this time but it’s a good chance for those of us nursing a World Championship comedown to go back to the venue virtually and watch a bit of action. Most of the bookies have odds on both the outrights and the matches. Obviously don’t go mad as these are very short matches, but very TV friendly so if you have a few quid you can afford to lose, have a little go on the recommended acca below.

Recommended First Round Bet: Doherty to beat Goggins, Canavan to beat Fernandez, Morgan to beat Wallace, Filtness to beat Cooper, Bond to beat Hendry pays around 12/1 in most places.

Recommended Outright: Nigel Bond to win the World Seniors (9/2 generally). Each Way on Gary Filtness at 100/1.

You can view the full draw for the World Seniors here.

BBC Coverage
Wednesday, 19 August
13:00-16:00 & 19:00-22:00 – BBC Red Button, BBC Sport online, BBC iPlayer

Thursday, 20 August

Friday, 21 August

Saturday, 22 August
12:00-15:00 & 19:00-22:00 – BBC Red Button, BBC Sport online, BBC iPlayer

Snookerbacker Tweet .
Old
  (#86)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Snookerbacker Tweet . - 08-19-2020, 04:50 PM

https://twitter.com/snookerbacker/st...94607110381568 :

Quote .

"
snookerbacker Speaking head in silhouette
@snookerbacker
If anyone does a live Twitter comms until the end tonight at the snooker. You deserve every follow and your Bus Fare Home for life. BBC Red Button for addicts. I'm done...
GIF
10:17 PM · Aug 19, 2020·Twitter for Android
@Bazzinho9
·
2h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
I was going to but I'm going out at 4pm tomorrow
Daniel Simson
@MrTTraces
·
2h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
An hour plus and still only in frame 2. One for the purists.
Philip Murphy
@PhilipMurphy67
·
2h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
I might do just because I want followers, I put YouTube on too so I am not bored.
Steve Haydon
@Steve_Haydon
·
1h
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Two frames was enough, I’m afraid...
twister
@mattdevwegs
·
45m
Replying to