Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page Question about Meucci
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
localredhead
AzB Silver Member
localredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-27-2020, 07:36 PM

I have a meucci where it "popped" on the ring about 2 threads into the wrap. It's completely sealed over, or it should be. But it's not smooth on that one spot and that does register in my head sometimes when I'm in my pre-shot routine and I happen to feel it. I've only ever played with wrap-less cues since 2007 so I notice it.

It is at the skinny end of the wrap. It's completely seamless on the butt where the wrap ends (normal) but you can definitely feel the connection where I described it popped on the skinny end. Because it's on the wrap it is a little hard to see and photograph but I'll see what I can do about pics.

It was not there when I purchased it... this happened over the course of play. I played 3-6 days a week with it for about 6 months - not sure when this happened.

What was there when I purchased it was an area on the butt where there are blue inlay designs (BMC-Pro series 1, which I love the simplicity of the look), and one of the designs is not completely covered/sealed in one spot.

Nothing I described affects the play. I love my meucci. I won a lot of games with it.

My best playing shaft is a Meucci ultimate weapon pro that I had to send back because 1. It had milling marks on it near the joint that were never properly finished and 2. I believe it was tapped for a Meucci 3/8 x 10 which is not as deep as say an OB or a McDermott - although it was specified in the order that the cue it was for was for an OB 3/8x10 joint.

After sending the shaft back and getting it cleaned up and tapped deeper for the OB pin, I can't complain. OB butt to Meucci shaft joint diameter was spot on.

I actually loved the shaft so much I bought the BMC-Pro series 1 I spoke about above, specifically with a 3/8x10 pin so I can use the shaft on it too. This is probably my best playing combo if I'm honest... but I've found I love the McDermott fit//finish and the H-series let's me put the balance point where I like it.

Next purchase: Meucci Carbon Pro ordered to fit the McDermott butt.

Am I a glutton for punishment? Yes. But I do believe the old man Bob knows his stuff when it comes to shafts. I guess I drank the kool-aid based on my own playing experience.

It is true IMHO Quality Control should be better. OB was worse in my multiple experiences. Pechauer & McDermott fit/finish and QC both get A+

• Current: BeCue 60" w/ 12mm prime shaft
    Backup: McDermott H550C w/ Meucci UW Pro 31" shaft
    Break: OB jump break
    other: BMC Pro Series 1
    other: OB-1824 w/ OB +1/+2 shafts
    other: JPUSA 2007

Old
  (#17)
David in FL
AzB Silver Member
David in FL has a reputation beyond reputeDavid in FL has a reputation beyond reputeDavid in FL has a reputation beyond reputeDavid in FL has a reputation beyond reputeDavid in FL has a reputation beyond reputeDavid in FL has a reputation beyond reputeDavid in FL has a reputation beyond reputeDavid in FL has a reputation beyond reputeDavid in FL has a reputation beyond reputeDavid in FL has a reputation beyond reputeDavid in FL has a reputation beyond repute

04-20-2020, 05:37 PM

I’ve had my Meucci, as a daily player, for 35 years now. No inlay issues at all...

Player - Chris Nitti
Breaker - Predator BK Rush
Jumper - Jacoby
Snooker - BCE Grand Master
Carrier - JB Cases - It’s George 1x2

Shooter - Sig P938 - Dan Wesson VBOB .45
Cutter - Pro-Tech Les George SBR

Old
  (#18)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.
j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

04-21-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
Meucci quality is hit or miss.
I might take a gamble on one for a couple hundred.
But if you are in the $500 to $700 no way.

Your money would be better spent on a Schon, Pechauer or Mezz.
Yep...... /\

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#19)
PoolFan101
AzB Silver Member
PoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2020, 08:55 PM

Meucci Today still has some quality control issues but Bob Meucci has came back to the fold to try to improve things. He turned over the Co to his Daughter and it really tanked when she took over. The lady that answers the phone there is a piece of work to. My Son bought a BMC 4 that was bought from Bob at the Derby City Classic. The shaft that came with it did not have Pro wrote on it and the ferrule was longer. She replied '' Does it play good " , I replied yes very good , she replies " We'll I would not B****H about it then" , I found out thru one of the mangers there that the 1st set of Pro shafts did not have the logo on them and the short ferrule, They came a little later, Meucci was big in our area and I have had several models back when I played years ago. Now , today if you want to order one get the BMC series that has Bob's signature on them with the Pro Shaft . You can do not wrong and will have a hard time finding a better cue. They are bomb to say the least and Hit awesome.

Old
  (#20)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2020, 04:52 AM

If you're looking at firing 500bux at a Meucci look at one of these: https://www.mezzusa.com/collections/...n-billiard-cue LIGHT-years better build quality. A custom builder would charge over twice this and you may likely not get as good a cue.

Old
  (#21)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
If you're looking at firing 500bux at a Meucci look at one of these: https://www.mezzusa.com/collections/...n-billiard-cue LIGHT-years better build quality. A custom builder would charge over twice this and you may likely not get as good a cue.
I would take a Mezz over a Meucci any day.

The Hustler

Such a man spends all his life playing every day for small stakes. Give him every morning the money that he may gain during the day, on condition that he does not play-you will make him unhappy. It will perhaps be said what he seeks is the amusement of play, not gain. Let him play then for nothing, he will lose interest and be wearied. ***Blaise Pascal***

In the beginning he was a man...then he became the game.

Page 2 of 2 12