Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > AzB Hall of Fame
Reload this Page SAN JOSE DICK aka SJDinPhx

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
SAN JOSE DICK aka SJDinPhx
Old
  (#1)
Jack Madden
John Madden Cues
Jack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

SAN JOSE DICK aka SJDinPhx - 08-28-2019, 05:31 PM

I haven’t been on AZB for several years, but haven’t seen anything on San Jose Dick, Dick McMorran. He passed away a couple years ago. Played in San Jose in his younger years, but lived in Phx area. He put hustling/playing on back burner to raise his family. Started playing again around the Valley. Lots of older players should have stories about him. Mine is the trip he took me on to Vegas when I was a teenager (mom said ok). It was a hell of a trip which I will always remember. Amazing memory. Rest In Peace my friend.

Jack

Jack - John Madden Custom Cues
Nominated to Arizona Billiards Hall of Fame
Former Member of American Cuemakers Association
Cell: 406-544-2076
406-745-3562

Old
  (#2)
sneakynito
AzB Silver Member
sneakynito has a reputation beyond reputesneakynito has a reputation beyond reputesneakynito has a reputation beyond reputesneakynito has a reputation beyond reputesneakynito has a reputation beyond reputesneakynito has a reputation beyond reputesneakynito has a reputation beyond reputesneakynito has a reputation beyond reputesneakynito has a reputation beyond reputesneakynito has a reputation beyond reputesneakynito has a reputation beyond repute

08-29-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Madden View Post
I haven’t been on AZB for several years, but haven’t seen anything on San Jose Dick, Dick McMorran. He passed away a couple years ago. Played in San Jose in his younger years, but lived in Phx area. He put hustling/playing on back burner to raise his family. Started playing again around the Valley. Lots of older players should have stories about him. Mine is the trip he took me on to Vegas when I was a teenager (mom said ok). It was a hell of a trip which I will always remember. Amazing memory. Rest In Peace my friend.

Jack
I'm not sure if you are a member of onepocket.org but he was a very prolific poster on there under the same pseudonym.
You can search his handle in there and see all of his posts. He had a lot to say.

Old
  (#3)
Jack Madden
John Madden Cues
Jack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond reputeJack Madden has a reputation beyond repute

08-29-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakynito View Post
I'm not sure if you are a member of onepocket.org but he was a very prolific poster on there under the same pseudonym.
You can search his handle in there and see all of his posts. He had a lot to say.
Yes, I played one pocket with him. We stayed in contact when he started playing again. He played with a cue I built for him, respected and loved him. He was a good role model, quit pool to raise a family. He shared his knowledge freely. Hope you got to see him play or got the privilege to play with him.

Jack

406-745-3562

Old
  (#4)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
10-31-2019, 06:54 PM

For anyone who loves great pool talk, dick and Lenny got together and did some YouTube vids for us.

They are excellent and likely the only record of their contents.

There are at least two:
https://youtu.be/HIY_PevHX_8

Old
  (#5)
Fast Lenny
♠ ♥ ONTHERAILTV.COM ♣ ♦
Fast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

11-04-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:

Jack
Hi Jack. Dick spoke very highly of you and was proud of the cue you built him. Hope you are well. I did capture a couple hours of Dick and his stories which are put on YouTube. He was a dear friend of mine and I am glad to have known him. We went on a couple road trips together. They don't make them like him anymore.

GO TO WWW.ONTHERAILTV.COM FOR SOME GREAT POOL CONTENT!

Old
  (#6)
Jack Madden
John Madden Cues

02-29-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Lenny View Post
Hi Jack. Dick spoke very highly of you and was proud of the cue you built him. Hope you are well. I did capture a couple hours of Dick and his stories which are put on YouTube. He was a dear friend of mine and I am glad to have known him. We went on a couple road trips together. They don't make them like him anymore.
Feeling pretty good lately, playing again, didn’t do too bad in local tournament with 98 players in nw MT this past weekend, placed 5th. Building cues again. Thank you. Dick is a nominee for the Arizona Billiards Hall of Fame FYI, might want to vote for him.

406-745-3562

Old
  (#7)
ibuycues
I Love Box Cues
ibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

03-18-2020, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Feeling pretty good lately, playing again, didn’t do too bad in local tournament with 98 players in nw MT this past weekend, placed 5th. Building cues again. Thank you. Dick is a nominee for the Arizona Billiards Hall of Fame FYI, might want to vote for him.
Jack,
Glad to hear you are “back in action” again. Kinda like Paul Newman.
I know how good you hit the balls, and also how well your cues hit.
Good all around.
Will Prout