Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Tournament Talk > Eurotour
Reload this Page UK Pool Tour rule

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
UK Pool Tour rule
Old
  (#1)
lucasi1
Registered
lucasi1 has a reputation beyond reputelucasi1 has a reputation beyond reputelucasi1 has a reputation beyond reputelucasi1 has a reputation beyond reputelucasi1 has a reputation beyond reputelucasi1 has a reputation beyond reputelucasi1 has a reputation beyond reputelucasi1 has a reputation beyond reputelucasi1 has a reputation beyond reputelucasi1 has a reputation beyond reputelucasi1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

UK Pool Tour rule - 02-11-2017, 10:50 PM

I'm from the states, so be kind. Watching a U.K. Pool .Tour match and saw something I have never seen in any kind of cue game. Player breaks and runs down to the 8/black ball and misses shape. He can see his ball, but doesn't have a clear pocket. He shoots cue ball into black ball into opponent's ball. This knocks opponents ball out of the way, and he then shoots black ball into pocket to win the game. Why is he allowed to continue?

Old
  (#2)
shortcutz
Run rabbit
shortcutz is on a distinguished road

03-19-2017, 04:30 PM

Assume the previous player fouled in his last visit. Incoming player has 2 visits

Old
  (#3)
Lee Vilenski
AzB Gold Member
Lee Vilenski has a reputation beyond reputeLee Vilenski has a reputation beyond reputeLee Vilenski has a reputation beyond reputeLee Vilenski has a reputation beyond reputeLee Vilenski has a reputation beyond reputeLee Vilenski has a reputation beyond reputeLee Vilenski has a reputation beyond reputeLee Vilenski has a reputation beyond reputeLee Vilenski has a reputation beyond reputeLee Vilenski has a reputation beyond reputeLee Vilenski has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2018, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasi1 View Post
I'm from the states, so be kind. Watching a U.K. Pool .Tour match and saw something I have never seen in any kind of cue game. Player breaks and runs down to the 8/black ball and misses shape. He can see his ball, but doesn't have a clear pocket. He shoots cue ball into black ball into opponent's ball. This knocks opponents ball out of the way, and he then shoots black ball into pocket to win the game. Why is he allowed to continue?
It depends on the rules being played. In some codes, after a foul shot, the other player receives two shots (As opposed to ball-in-hand). Most codes have the second shot only count if the first shot misses a pot. However, there are some rules that allow you to regain the second shot past your next pot.

Personally, I always found this to be a bit of a poor rule, making the foul far too costly. And, IMO, no one should be allowed two shots on the black.