Case cleaning??
Old
  (#1)
Pierce24
Registered
Pierce24 is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Case cleaning?? - 01-13-2016, 06:42 AM

IF THIS ISN'T THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THIS I'M SORRY.

Hey everyone. Kind of a noob question here so I apologize in advance. I'm wondering if there is any good way to clean the inside of a 2x2 case. I've had this case for quite a few years and although it does what it's supposed to do, it is just full of chalk dust leaving a mess on my ferrule. What do you all do to keep this from happening?? I have personally never seen anyone wipe off the tips before casing their cues but...... Any info is appreciated, Thanks

Sticks:
playing cue- Viking F-11 w/v-pro shaft and Kamui clear black tip
break cue- cuetec starlight w/white phenolic tip

Old
  (#2)
Keith E.
AzB Silver Member
Keith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce24 View Post
IF THIS ISN'T THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THIS I'M SORRY.

Hey everyone. Kind of a noob question here so I apologize in advance. I'm wondering if there is any good way to clean the inside of a 2x2 case. I've had this case for quite a few years and although it does what it's supposed to do, it is just full of chalk dust leaving a mess on my ferrule. What do you all do to keep this from happening?? I have personally never seen anyone wipe off the tips before casing their cues but...... Any info is appreciated, Thanks
Wiping the tip(s) before casing is IMHO the best preventative measure.

Keith

Old
  (#3)
Pierce24
Registered
Pierce24 is on a distinguished road

01-13-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith E. View Post
Wiping the tip(s) before casing is IMHO the best preventative measure.

Keith
I figured so, I'm years past that though. I've been thinking of buying a new case anywho

Sticks:
playing cue- Viking F-11 w/v-pro shaft and Kamui clear black tip
break cue- cuetec starlight w/white phenolic tip

Last edited by Pierce24; 01-13-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Old
  (#4)
SlewFootLag
Registered
SlewFootLag has a reputation beyond reputeSlewFootLag has a reputation beyond reputeSlewFootLag has a reputation beyond reputeSlewFootLag has a reputation beyond reputeSlewFootLag has a reputation beyond reputeSlewFootLag has a reputation beyond reputeSlewFootLag has a reputation beyond reputeSlewFootLag has a reputation beyond reputeSlewFootLag has a reputation beyond reputeSlewFootLag has a reputation beyond reputeSlewFootLag has a reputation beyond repute

01-18-2016, 08:29 AM

If you have a shotgun cleaning kit, use the rod with the eyelet on the end, and feed a damp piece of rag through a bunch of times. Prior to that, if you have access to one, use an air compressor to blow it out a bit...