Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Hey Guys

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Hey Guys
Old
  (#1)
Purdman
Banned
Purdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

Question Hey Guys - 11-01-2006, 05:26 PM

How do I find a table mechanic in the Washington, D.C. metro region that will take a look, recover and what ever he thinks would improve the playability of nice Gandy Big "G" 9 footer?
Purdman

locating a mechanic
Old
  (#2)
SlateHumper
Pokin' and Hopin'
SlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

locating a mechanic - 11-01-2006, 06:55 PM

In the past I have looked up pool halls and retailers on line and called them to get mechanics names.

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese
Evolution Billiard Services
Cincinnati OH (513)-260-8327

Old
  (#3)
Purdman
Banned
Purdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up 11-02-2006, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlateHumper
In the past I have looked up pool halls and retailers on line and called them to get mechanics names.

Thanks Humper, I was hopeing to find one here on Az. Do you know any good mechanics in my area? Could you use a nice weekend vacation of sorts? I am one hell of a cook and the bowl is always full!
Purd

Mech
Old
  (#4)
SlateHumper
Pokin' and Hopin'
SlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond reputeSlateHumper has a reputation beyond repute

Mech - 11-02-2006, 08:25 AM

The offer is tempting, believe me. I'm a sucker for good food! Nov. 1 is usually the opening of my busiest season and I won't take any time off until Feb. I will ask a few people that may know some one. If I come up with any results, I'll gladly let you know.

Old
  (#5)
Purdman
Banned

Thumbs up 11-02-2006, 08:30 AM

Quote:
The offer is tempting, believe me. I'm a sucker for good food! Nov. 1 is usually the opening of my busiest season and I won't take any time off until Feb. I will ask a few people that may know some one. If I come up with any results, I'll gladly let you know.

If you come do it, we will find something else for you to hump other than slate! Bring some new rails with ya will ya! Bison portorhouse is coming in today. Next week, smoked octopus drawn in butter and jumbo sea scallops. That is unless you would prefer lobster. The hog butchering is happening on Thanksgiving. I can show ya what is best in the pudding meat kettle! How would ya like some sweetbreads?
Purdman

more on mech
Old
  (#6)
SlateHumper
Pokin' and Hopin'

more on mech - 11-02-2006, 08:37 AM

http://www.poolrooms.com/dc.htm
Here is a list of five rooms in DC. I went to two of their web sites and They seemed to be high end rooms with GCs. I would suggest giving them a call. I understand you were hoping to find some one on here. This is just about the best I can do.

Old
  (#7)
Purdman
Banned

11-02-2006, 09:13 AM

Quote:
http://www.poolrooms.com/dc.htm
Here is a list of five rooms in DC. I went to two of their web sites and They seemed to be high end rooms with GCs. I would suggest giving them a call. I understand you were hoping to find some one on here. This is just about the best I can do.

Thanks man, I will get in touch with one of them. If you are ever this way, come on by for dinner.
Purd

got bib?
Old
  (#8)
SlateHumper
Pokin' and Hopin'

got bib? - 11-02-2006, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdman
If you come do it, we will find something else for you to hump other than slate! Bring some new rails with ya will ya! Bison portorhouse is coming in today. Next week, smoked octopus drawn in butter and jumbo sea scallops. That is unless you would prefer lobster. The hog butchering is happening on Thanksgiving. I can show ya what is best in the pudding meat kettle! How would ya like some sweetbreads?
Purdman
Pardon me while I wipe the drool off of my shirt Thanks again for the offer. If I make that way, I'll be sure to let you know.

Old
  (#9)
metal5d
Pool Player
metal5d has a reputation beyond reputemetal5d has a reputation beyond reputemetal5d has a reputation beyond reputemetal5d has a reputation beyond reputemetal5d has a reputation beyond reputemetal5d has a reputation beyond reputemetal5d has a reputation beyond reputemetal5d has a reputation beyond reputemetal5d has a reputation beyond reputemetal5d has a reputation beyond reputemetal5d has a reputation beyond repute

11-02-2006, 12:36 PM

Call Bill + Billie's in Arnold (410) 544-8185. I forget the name of the guy who does their tables but he definitely does a good job.

Old
  (#10)
Purdman
Banned

Thumbs up 11-02-2006, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal5d
Call Bill + Billie's in Arnold (410) 544-8185. I forget the name of the guy who does their tables but he definitely does a good job.

Thanks, I just might do that.
Pudman

Old
  (#11)
mechanic/player
AzB Silver Member
mechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 550

11-02-2006, 05:12 PM

Are you N,S,E or W of D.C.? I'm about 110 miles south of there. Maybe we can work something out.

Old
  (#12)
Gunn_Slinger
AzB Silver Member
Gunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 68

11-02-2006, 10:30 PM

Try Larry Pullin at 301 455 8147 He does good work. Let me know how you make out.

Old
  (#13)
jkjerry
AzB Silver Member
jkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

11-03-2006, 08:52 AM

Hey Purdman,

I will give you the name of the guy who set up our table.

He works with Classic Billiard Service in the Baltimore, MD area.

His name is John and the number for Classic Billiard Service is: 410-935-3617.

Good Luck my friend.

Jerry

Name: Jerry
Cue: Tim Scruggs
BD Year: 1963
Hours of pool/week: 0 - 8

Old
  (#14)
Purdman
Banned

11-03-2006, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjerry
Hey Purdman,

I will give you the name of the guy who set up our table.

He works with Classic Billiard Service in the Baltimore, MD area.

His name is John and the number for Classic Billiard Service is: 410-935-3617.

Good Luck my friend.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry.
Purdman