Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Tournament Talk > US Open Championships
Reload this Page What do I do?
Page 6 of 6 « First 456

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Old
  (#76)
efirkey
AzB Silver Member
efirkey has a reputation beyond reputeefirkey has a reputation beyond reputeefirkey has a reputation beyond reputeefirkey has a reputation beyond reputeefirkey has a reputation beyond reputeefirkey has a reputation beyond reputeefirkey has a reputation beyond reputeefirkey has a reputation beyond reputeefirkey has a reputation beyond reputeefirkey has a reputation beyond reputeefirkey has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 700

10-17-2007, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottster
You are comparing apples to oranges here. One on One, it is the 2 involved players' responsibility to make sure the money is posted up front.

In a sanctioned event, it is the sanctioning body's responsibility to assure the prize funds are there. When a player pays his entry fee to play in a tournament there should be no sort of a gamble as to whether or not they will be paid if they finish in the money.
In regards to whether or not Danny should be playing in the US Open... I think he should be playing. Money comes and goes, but titles stay with you forever.

Oh, and BTW... I have a life... A great life with an Awesome Son, a wonderful Wife and my Honor and Integrity in tact.
I agree that it is apples and oranges, but I think he should play while he is still at his peak. And I don't understand the "I have a life" comment. I will assume it is directed at someone else.

Old
  (#77)
Celtic
AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Celtic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-17-2007, 04:50 PM

Danny you have been whining about this for years on these forums, it is clearly not helping and you can do it for another 10 years and it is pretty clear you are not going to get paid. You want the money? Sue Brady and/or the UPA who sanctioned the event for what you are owed plus the 8%/year or so of interest you would now be due, that is your only real course of action that is going to get results. Brady is clearly going to give you lip service for ever hoping that you eventually give up or die in a plane wreck or whatnot so he does not have to worry about it anymore. This is simple reality.

Old
  (#78)
frankwhite
www.superiorbilliardtech.
frankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

10-18-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman
It's too bad that the people who are in charge of promoting pool including the US Open click are the ones in charge, I am playing rotation pool real well. I would not mind playing in the open but I would respectfully request that either Brady or Frank pay my late fee and my entry out of the $ I'm owed from one of the UPA's sanctioned tournaments that I did play and compete in and not get paid. I don't care about seeding, you have to play top players sooner or later, I don't think I'm terribly disliked but at the same time I find it amazing that one person or maybe two can eliminate me from being able to compete in this event. Even though 9 ball is not near as much of a 'ball' as it once was I still feel I am capable of winning this event. So can one org. sabatage me? If I decided to play in the Open it would have to be either Brady or Frank paying my entry. Berry Behrman (Brady's Dad) told me that he has nothing to do with his son's business affairs and does not care if I play or not. I would offer this scenario, a young top pro golfer enters a big pro tourney and the promoter and or org. fails to make good on the prize $ - so what does he do? Do you think he calls the org. and say's I don't care if I get paid or not just let me play next yr. in your big Open. The only thing is I am not laughing too loud cause I want to play and it never ceases to amaze me that the players would keep returning to a tournament not knowing for sure whether they will get paid. Please remember that no one on this planet wants to play or compete anymore than me. The promoters of the US Open make their own bed and I will still remain one of the best players in the World, and before anyone says I might not be capable of winning the Open remember the past two champion's will not play me heads up on their own $. Of course I would not play 9 ball I would naturally play 10 ball where you may break soft if you don't like your $. I would suggest that we have a new US Open maybe make it Bank Pool related, and please lets keep the crooks out of the promotional end of this. I don't have the answer but if you think I'm not playing in the Open cause I can't get along or maybe I'm a crybaby then you are sadly mistaken and your being brainwashed. I AM NOT AN OUTCAST. I will allways be one of the top players in the world. Meanwhile back at the ranch what happens if a recognized player from the Philippenes did not get paid? I think Brady Behrman or Frank would have coughed up the $ only because of who they are. I don't expect to be treated any better or worse but a wise person whom I looked up to as a kid once told me "don't go back where you feel your not welcomed". I tried to work out a payment plan with Brady and Frank cause I have owed people $ before, $50.00 a month would have worked for me but we must understand that were dealing with people who don't care about their reputation as they have made posts on this forum and have the audacity to lie to you and everyone else on this and say that I had been paid. As Ace Ventura would say LAWHOO-SA-HER ie Looser Ohh and Frank he is the best liar as he sounds like a lawyer who enjoys his ability too twist the truth with his statement 'talkin bout' me using the fact that I had not been paid in one of his tournaments as a bargaining tool for not paying my sanctioning fee. Frank you my fellow have found your nitch, congrats your a natural liar, I guess it would not have helped the popularity of his little copany to say that the we can't afford to pay Danny.
Sincerely, Danny Harriman (Bronze Medalist at the 14.1 World Championships)

He finally found a nitch, it sure was'nt pool Danny.....

interesting
Old
  (#79)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

interesting - 10-24-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs314 View Post
Danny,

I know you play great and no one doubts that. I think it will be a great match with you and John.

The only thing I would say to you about it and this is just my view as someone who loves the game and is as excited about competing as you are.

Tiger Woods was once asked how he could play in the Masters at Augusta knowing not long ago African Americans were not alowed to play there and Women were still not at the time. He answered by saying something like, I'm a pro golfer it's one of the biggest events, whatever my point of view is on those things will not stop me from competing.

Anyway it's too bad you couldn't seperate the problem of being owed money and playing in the US Open, I think you're taking opportunity away from yourself more than proving a point.

I do understand your frustration, I'm sure we would all like everything promised to be followed through on...

Good luck in the future.
u compare racism to not being compensated at a pro event - after waiting over ten yrs to be paid - u sir ARE and utter and compete idiot.

Old
  (#80)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

10-24-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman View Post
u compare racism to not being compensated at a pro event - after waiting over ten yrs to be paid - u sir ARE and utter and compete idiot.
Let it go. I've been around you a long time/long enough, to know this course you set will NOT do this......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Old
  (#81)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

Talking 10-28-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
Let it go. I've been around you a long time/long enough, to know this course you set will NOT do this......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
That's funny.

Page 6 of 6 « First 456