Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Memories of Steve Mizerak
Reload this Page "we almost got a divorce"

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
"we almost got a divorce"
Old
  (#1)
JerseyBill
AzB Silver Member
JerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

"we almost got a divorce" - 08-20-2020, 01:54 AM

Steve and I were at a tournament down south. It was in the eighties so I can't remember which tournament. Might have been Mississippi. Steve was in the finals of a 9 ball tournament and he and I were rooming together.
Steve had been playing old pranks on me for a few days. Like shaving cream in my hand while I'm sleeping and me waking up looking like casper the friendly ghost. Now it was time for getting even!
I decided to sneak into the bathroom while he was taking a shower and shutoff
the hot water. Mind you he was about to play the finals in about an hour.
So I'm on my hands and knees crawling into the bathroom like a Ninja. I put my hand through the curtain at the bottom near the fawcet and I turned off the hot water.
WRONG! It was the cold water.!!! In this hotel the water was very very hot. I'm on the floor next to the tub and I hear Steve in a low voice whispering, "oooh oh ow wow!" And with that started screaming and he plowed through the shower curtain taring it off the rod {NAKED} and landed on top of me! {NAKED}! I wanted to say we have to stop meeting this way but the look on his face frightened me so I dared not to say a word. We both were red as a beet. He from the pain and embarrassment, and I because of about the same thing. Neither one of us really knew what to say to each other at that point so we didn't.
We eventually went down to the tournament room and I sat behind Steve and still never said a word. Steve was playing a guy named Jerry a great player and a local player. The grandstand was filled to capacity and the Liquor bar was open.
Everyone was drinking and feeling no pain.
Every time Jerry made a hanger this one tipsy guy yelled out. ATTABOY Jerry!
The match was a nail biter and looked like it was going to the hill. The fans caught on and all started rooting for Jerry to be the David and Goliath of the day. Meanwhile I"m behind Steve knowing that if he loses this match it was my fault and we would probably end up in a divorce. Not wanting to lose my dear friend I waited til Steve made an easy shot and then I jumped out of my seat and hollered as loud as I could ATTABOY Steve. Well, over a thousand people glared at me and you could hear a pin drop. Steve , obviously embarrassed was looking at the floor not knowing what to do. He ran the rack out and won the game and kept shooting great like the champion he was. He won the tournament and our friendship was intact. lol Phew!! close one..... If you liked this just say "More " I have several. thanks

Last edited by JerseyBill; 08-24-2020 at 07:42 AM. Reason: correction

Old
  (#2)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member
sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

09-09-2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBill View Post
Steve and I were at a tournament down south. It was in the eighties so I can't remember which tournament. Might have been Mississippi. Steve was in the finals of a 9 ball tournament and he and I were rooming together.
Steve had been playing old pranks on me for a few days. Like shaving cream in my hand while I'm sleeping and me waking up looking like casper the friendly ghost. Now it was time for getting even!
I decided to sneak into the bathroom while he was taking a shower and shutoff
the hot water. Mind you he was about to play the finals in about an hour.
So I'm on my hands and knees crawling into the bathroom like a Ninja. I put my hand through the curtain at the bottom near the fawcet and I turned off the hot water.
WRONG! It was the cold water.!!! In this hotel the water was very very hot. I'm on the floor next to the tub and I hear Steve in a low voice whispering, "oooh oh ow wow!" And with that started screaming and he plowed through the shower curtain taring it off the rod {NAKED} and landed on top of me! {NAKED}! I wanted to say we have to stop meeting this way but the look on his face frightened me so I dared not to say a word. We both were red as a beet. He from the pain and embarrassment, and I because of about the same thing. Neither one of us really knew what to say to each other at that point so we didn't.
We eventually went down to the tournament room and I sat behind Steve and still never said a word. Steve was playing a guy named Jerry a great player and a local player. The grandstand was filled to capacity and the Liquor bar was open.
Everyone was drinking and feeling no pain.
Every time Jerry made a hanger this one tipsy guy yelled out. ATTABOY Jerry!
The match was a nail biter and looked like it was going to the hill. The fans caught on and all started rooting for Jerry to be the David and Goliath of the day. Meanwhile I"m behind Steve knowing that if he loses this match it was my fault and we would probably end up in a divorce. Not wanting to lose my dear friend I waited til Steve made an easy shot and then I jumped out of my seat and hollered as loud as I could ATTABOY Steve. Well, over a thousand people glared at me and you could hear a pin drop. Steve , obviously embarrassed was looking at the floor not knowing what to do. He ran the rack out and won the game and kept shooting great like the champion he was. He won the tournament and our friendship was intact. lol Phew!! close one..... If you liked this just say "More " I have several. thanks
LOL!

More please!

Splitting time between Chicago and San Francisco.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

Old
  (#3)
bbb
AzB Silver Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-10-2020, 07:18 AM

.....more please

Old
  (#4)
JerseyBill
AzB Silver Member
JerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond reputeJerseyBill has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2020, 10:32 AM

there are some I can't tell for personal reasons, I hope you liked the few I've done so far.
Bill

Old
  (#5)
9andout
Gunnin' for a 2 pack!!
9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2020, 12:55 PM

More is always better, and too much is never enough!

In training for the "Senior Division" By then I might actually be decent! Still love Earl!!
Lover of shot clocks!