AzBilliards.com

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Cue Case Reviews (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Vote: $1000 Wager 3X6 Competition JB Cue Case vs Whitten Cue Case (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=518784)

TxBullDog 10-03-2020 04:13 PM

Vote: $1000 Wager 3X6 Competition JB Cue Case vs Whitten Cue Case

5 Attachment(s)
To make a long story short, several gamblers online back in March when quarantine started for Covid got into a argument about JB cue cases vs Whitten. To end the argument we decided to compare both and bet $1000 to for each case. We would then vote and the tie breaker would be on AZ Billiards if needed. It took a long time to get everything but the JB case arrived a few days ago with a video and we need everybody's constructive opinions. This might be like arguing about BMW vs Mercedes but it will very clearly show the difference between both 3 X 6 cases. They both have advantages and personal preferences. The interesting part is seeing what the majority think and who you believe should win the bet. Your help is greatly appreciated in ending this overdue debate. Thank you and be safe. God Bless all of you.
Pictures of both cases up close and any video link is provided.
Whitten Case cost $975 (9 pictures multiple post) - Embossed Black Lizard/Smooth black, Triple Stitched, Metal stud bottom
JB Blue Rose Case cost $1000 (9 pictures post) Strong Saddle Leather, Lifetime Warranty, Rubber Bottom
Both are 3X6
Whitten uses tubes inside.
JB uses a stuffed filler.
The rest I will leave up to the AZ Billiard family to decide based on the information and pictures.
Video from JB about the Blue Rose Case can be found on youtube at https://youtu.be/FbB6kHXUqVI

THam 10-03-2020 04:19 PM

I’m just not a fan of floral look on cases. I think JB makes a better case but I’m not a fan of the flowers. I voted for the Whitten.

j2pac 10-03-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THam (Post 6762033)
I’m just not a fan of floral look on cases. I think JB makes a better case but I’m not a fan of the flowers. I voted for the Whitten.

Agreed. I really don't think you could go wrong either way. The subtle style of this particular Whitten, vs this particular JB? The Whitten is more my flavor. Kudos to two great case makers. :)

DJ66 10-05-2020 08:22 PM

The rose case has beautiful tooling and color. The Whitten has a quiet class about it. It’s a very tough decision, but I have to vote for the JB based on interior (I don’t care for tubes), warranty (lifetime), and overall artistic interpretation (if they can do this with roses, stems, and leaves, then anything else should be extraordinary).

ZeroSkylineX 10-06-2020 03:05 PM

JB cases has my vote. You can immediately tell by the attention to the detail put into the case and you cannot go wrong with the lifetime warranty.

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

heinosuke1 10-06-2020 03:31 PM

I voted for JB, not because I find John’s case more attractive (I prefer the Whitten from an aesthetics standpoint), but because I never feel as confident putting my cues away as I do when I’m putting them inside my JB cases.

rship72 10-06-2020 04:01 PM

I voted JB, if the vote was purely which case looks better I would have voted Whitten.

jasonlaus 10-19-2020 08:30 AM

The 2 cases should have looked similar.

JB Cases is always the answer.

I suspect a lot of people voting otherwise don't like JB, these people would put their kids in cars without airbags because they don't like the person selling the cars with airbags.

SSDiver2112 10-20-2020 10:29 PM

My vote is for JB.
I agree having a common theme that they had to create would have made more sense.
I don’t hate them but flowers wouldn’t be my first pick. Still the tooling on those are very well done.
I prefer the ultra pad over tubes
The extra features like the pocket tray are another plus.
The magnetic latch is definitely a winner.
I even like the handles better.

Written makes a very slick stylish case I would be happy to have but if I was dropping my $1000 it would be on the JB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghosst 10-21-2020 02:09 PM

Stuck in the middle.

I too don't care for the flowers, but it's not my case and the dyes and tooling are top quality work. While I know the padded interior is better, I actually like the tubes because they look cleaner.

Jack Justis 10-28-2020 06:47 AM

cases

Are there any more photos of the Whitten case?