Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > cfrandy
Reload this Page Conversation Between cfrandy and Bamacues
Conversation Between cfrandy and Bamacues
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Bamacues
    01-23-2010 04:09 PM
    Bamacues
    Never heard of 3/4 splice. Full-splice has always referred to the joint where the forearm meets the handle, etc, to the best of my knowledge. Lots of "full-splice" cues have butt sleeves slid onto a tenon below the wrap. Some folks even make their "full-splice" cues with one long tenon from the end of the points all the way to the butt. They slide the handle and butt sleeve onto it. Technically, since one piece of wood extends through the wrap area, they refer to it as full splice.
    Joe
  2. cfrandy
    01-22-2010 02:17 PM
    cfrandy
    Thanks for the response Joe! "Typically, cuemakers have to add wood to the end of these old Titlist blanks in order to move the points forward and to have them thick enough at the joint. When they do that, they do not cut the blank, so it remains a full-splice under the wrap."
    I don't want to clutter the thread so I shall ask you here. Just between you and me...Would it not be more accurate to refer to this cue as a 3/4 splice since there is at least one tenon in the butt handle? Is not a "full-splice" 1-piece from point to butt cap (no tenons)?
    Randy