Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs
Reload this Page Blog Entries
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Leveraging Shot Speed

Posted 12-18-2014 at 12:37 AM by Legacybilliards (Legacy Billiards' Blog)
Updated 12-18-2014 at 12:54 AM by Legacybilliards

Name:  Leveraging Shot Speed.jpg
Views: 2497
Size:  23.7 KB

Most people who are new to the game think it’s cool to shoot the cue ball into their target ball as hard as humanly possible – on every single shot. They do this for two simple reasons: A) because shooting hard creates a lot of collateral action (think slop play) that may or may not end well for them and B) because they don’t know what they are doing. Fact of the matter is shooting too hard will greatly reduce accuracy and “make the pocket smaller”. This does...
AzB Bronze Member
Views 9019 Comments 0 Legacybilliards is offline Edit Tags
Old

Music and Pool

Posted 10-15-2012 at 11:24 AM by Maestro
Updated 10-15-2012 at 11:26 AM by Maestro

As a professional musician I appreciate the mental game as well as the physical execution of the process in position play of pool.

The mental and physical process so well integrated with that of self awareness produces a state of meditation in action. It is this state I believe that was so desirable and familiar to the great musicians of the past. I have started a group on AZ, to which I hope others will join and contribute in conversation.

I am happy to share...
In the Zone...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4132 Comments 0 Maestro is offline Edit Tags
Old

Aileex Pool Table

Posted 08-29-2012 at 07:57 PM by thailandcues (Thailand Billiard :: Pool Cues for Sale)

We've just imported Aileex Pool Table. This is a good brand for playing pool with affordable price. Especially, we are giving away some pool & snooker tshirt! Come to our official website for more information!

Aileex Pool Table 01

Aileex Pool Table 02

Registered
Views 16702 Comments 0 thailandcues is offline Edit Tags
Old

Asia Captures Team Billiards Challenge

Posted 07-18-2012 at 07:35 PM by thailandcues (Thailand Billiard :: Pool Cues for Sale)

Team Asia Wins Asia Versus Europe Men’s 9-Ball Team Challenge

Reyes and Bustamante anchored an all-star team of champions to defeat the stacked European team of billiard champions.

All-star teams of Asian and European players collided January 15-17 at the Sutra Hall in Rizqun International Hotel in Brunei Darussalam, with Team Asia taking...
Registered
Posted in World News
Views 17549 Comments 0 thailandcues is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

For sale vintage billiard snooker table circa 1879

Posted 07-04-2011 at 05:09 PM by zibbo

the table was made by John Roberts Co.LTD. in Bombay, India in 1879.
the table comes with an ivory plaque attesting to this fact. Please google John Roberts
for authentication. The table is all mahogany, 6'x12, complete with 2 clothes, 5 slates,
balls & cues. In addition there is a custom made brass light fixture with 6 shades finished with hand made silk fringe. The light fixture is approximately 9'x2.5'. The table was appraise by
Norman Clare Co. of Liverpool,...
Attached Images

AzB Bronze Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 23905 Comments 0 zibbo is offline Edit Tags
Old

Russian Pyramid: It's Pool on Steroids

Posted 11-20-2010 at 01:48 PM by the Goof Ball

It is about time that people stop complaining that 8-ball is too hard. You would not even survive playing the Russian variation of billiards, named Russian Pyramid.

What’s the difference between this Russian game and the pool we know and love? For one, it is much more difficult, requiring immense precision and overall skill. The concept of ‘luck’ we sure are familiar with has been reduced to barely anything in Russian Pyramid....

See the rest of this post at http://www.goofballcommittee.com/archives/7256
Goof Ball Committee
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3984 Comments 0 the Goof Ball is offline Edit Tags
Old

Im getting an itch!

Posted 11-07-2009 at 10:26 AM by miplayerstour (Just a woman thats doing what she can for pool)
Tags hustling, life, pool

Every now and again, I get that urgem you know the one that you used to feel when you heard the bar or pool room door open right before you looked to see who it was? That feeling like Im getting this one he or she is mine!?

Whenever I hear woofing, I want to step up and say hey, how bout me? I know this isnt the smartest thing i could do because i dont play anymore and to be honest, the urge probably wouldnt last long enough to finish a set before I became bored with it but man...
Quiet participant
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5404 Comments 0 miplayerstour is offline Edit Tags