Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs
Reload this Page thelmstetter
Old

Reflections on performance

Posted 03-26-2017 at 08:54 AM by thelmstetter

Just got back late last night from the 2017 VA state 10-ball. I had a great time although the end result was disappointing. Every time I go to a pool tournament I like to reflect back and learn something valuable. This is just some of my observations.
I heard Earl Strickland once describe high level pool as playing with controlled aggression. I like adding intensity so high level pool is played with intensity and controlled aggression. You have to be extremely focused and committed to performing...
Tomcat
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 12009 Comments 0 thelmstetter is offline Edit Tags
Old

Hit em soft

Posted 03-26-2017 at 08:52 AM by thelmstetter

After every tournament that I play in I make it a habit to look at what I can learn from the experience. One of the things that I have noticed over time is that good players tend to hit the balls more softly. This may not always be the case but in general good players and professional players hit the balls softer. They play the ball at “pocket speed” when possible. Even though most shots should be hit softly there are still times when force is needed. I thought I would make a list of reasons why...
Tomcat
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4709 Comments 0 thelmstetter is offline Edit Tags